Rae's_lover

Staying in New York

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:help:Hi VJ members

My question is i am in London i am planing to go to NEW YORK first and then to fly to California to be with my sweet heart.I got my KI visa in LONDON ,is it gonna be ok if i buy a ticket from london to new york and then from NY to California caz its cheep.I am planing to buy an online ticket from NY to CA and show the e-mail confirmation to the immegration officer that i am going to fly after two weeks?

I wanna stay with my brother and his family for two weeks and then wanan go to my baby.

Plz help ME :help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

When I got my K1 Visa, I visited my fiance many times, as long as you have your return tickets to show I think it should be fine. Besides, you are going to stay with family too.

Married............................................................03/10/07

Filed AOS for me and daughter...........................05/18/07

Checks cashed... ..............................................05/25/07

Received NOA1 on... .........................................06/01/07

Biometrics appointment scheduled for..................06/18/07

Touched for EAD on ...........................................06/11/07

Attended Biometrics on... ....................................06/18/07

Touched for EAD, and I-485 on ............................06/19/07

Touched for EAD and AOS on...............................06/20/07

Case transfered to California Service Center on ....06/26/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/09/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/10/07

EAD Card production ordered...............................08/01/07

EAD Approval notice sent.....................................08/07/07

EAD Card arrived in the mail.................................08/13/07

Touched for AOS.................................................09/11/2007

Contacted local Congressman...............................02/21/2008

Touched..............................................................03/06/2008

Touched..............................................................03/07/2008

Received my permanent resident card...................march 2008

letter mailed requesting more information for my daughter......04/15/08

Checks were cashed October 17th 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
When I got my K1 Visa, I visited my fiance many times, as long as you have your return tickets to show I think it should be fine. Besides, you are going to stay with family too.
The OP was asking about travel with the K-1 visa, not visitors visa, and will not need a round trip ticket, they dont even ask to see a return ticket because they are entering the country on a visa that assumes they will be marrying and adjusting status to immigrant status. We went with a 1 way ticket because it was less expensive.
:help:Hi VJ members

My question is i am in London i am planing to go to NEW YORK first and then to fly to California to be with my sweet heart.I got my KI visa in LONDON ,is it gonna be ok if i buy a ticket from london to new york and then from NY to California caz its cheep.I am planing to buy an online ticket from NY to CA and show the e-mail confirmation to the immegration officer that i am going to fly after two weeks?

I wanna stay with my brother and his family for two weeks and then wanan go to my baby.

Plz help ME :help:

They are not concerned with what you will do after arriving in NY, they will stamp your passport, ask a few questions, and send you on your way, and leave it up to you to either leave the airport or go to the domestic flights part of the terminal, they will not ask to see anything with regards to your transportation beyond the POE.

The USA is not a police state, requiring that people confirm where they are going, and the POE officer will care less if you stay in NY and then move on to your final destination.

This question comes up allot, like people fist stopping at a resort location like Hawaii, Miami, Las Vagas, L.A. ect before traveling on to their new home.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The OP was asking about travel with the K-1 visa, not visitors visa, and will not need a round trip ticket, they dont even ask to see a return ticket because they are entering the country on a visa that assumes they will be marrying and adjusting status to immigrant status. We went with a 1 way ticket because it was less expensive.

Yes for the K1 Visa you can travel with a one way ticket. If you say you have your Visa I dont think it matters where you fly into.

I always booked online and if I found a cheaper flight than the nearest aiprort to me then I would go with one in another town,I would go with the cheap one. As long as you have your K1 Visa I am sure you are good to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.