AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Don't forget to update the spreadsheet once NVC receives your case. If you are not already on the spreadsheet, you can add your self.

K1 Visa NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

52 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Hey guys, I have a not so great update from NVC

I called today and gave them my receipt number, and as expected, they said it's not there and to send an email to NVC Research. I said I already did that, and that NVC research hadn't replied to me yet, but that I did my own research and finally found out USCIS mailed out my petition on Thursday, December 14th. She then said "it can take up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the petition FROM THE POINT USCIS MAILS IT TO US"

Not sure if she's a broken record, or if this is actually true; however, I think it's probably not true since in the past we saw people getting case numbers about 2 weeks after they were approved, and I'm guessing these cases were shipped out shortly after they were approved... 

UGH I seriously want to punch something I'm so incredibly fed up with this horrible process. 

This is similar to what the tier 2 said to me on Friday, but she asked if I was aware that it can take 90 days to send an approval to NVC.  I asked what happens if it's only valid for 90 days and she said the 90 days was only applicable to the amount of time we have to get married after arrival.  Not sure whats happening over at USCIS, but they need to get it together.

1 hour ago, June2017UK said:

You appear to be getting so many conflicting responses. Did you contact your Congressman or the Ombudsman with a list of different responses you've had alongside the request for inquiry? 

Someone is giving out incorrect information and it really isn't fair on you. GL

I mean this is the first time I got the chance to actually ask the question about how long it takes from the point USCIS puts the petition in the mail

It's not a question most of us have asked I think, and it may not be a question they are used to getting since most people don't know exactly when USCIS mails theirs, or people just assume they mail it shortly after it's approved since our hard copy NOA2 directly says past tense "sent to NVC". I guess I can keep asking other reps when I call, and if people are telling me conflicting things then I can give my congressman an update since his staffer reached out for me last Wednesday.

39 minutes ago, cjelie said:

This is similar to what the tier 2 said to me on Friday, but she asked if I was aware that it can take 90 days to send an approval to NVC.  I asked what happens if it's only valid for 90 days and she said the 90 days was only applicable to the amount of time we have to get married after arrival.  Not sure whats happening over at USCIS, but they need to get it together.

I got this canned response when I first talked with a tier 2 3 weeks ago, but that "90 days" doesn't refer to the time it takes from the point they actually put that petition in the mail to the time NVC takes to receive it. That's the information that I want that no one seems to be able to tell me. 

6 weeks to send the petition (NOA2: Nov 3, Send date: Dec 14) then supposedly 6 weeks for NVC to receive it... that means that it will take until the end of January for me to get a case number! How is that ok?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, heartinKorea said:

I mean this is the first time I got the chance to actually ask the question about how long it takes from the point USCIS puts the petition in the mail

It's not a question most of us have asked I think, and it may not be a question they are used to getting since most people don't know exactly when USCIS mails theirs, or people just assume they mail it shortly after it's approved since our hard copy NOA2 directly says past tense "sent to NVC". I guess I can keep asking other reps when I call, and if people are telling me conflicting things then I can give my congressman an update since his staffer reached out for me last Wednesday.

I think there will always be conflicting info, especially within the government because there are so many different departments, workers for each section, I.e., visa processing.

despite USCUS stating it’s been mailed... it may be in a pile waiting to be mailed.

the status may just be “sent to NVC” within the USCIS system so they no it’s no longer an active case with USCIS...

possibily??

Timeline

I got this canned response when I first talked with a tier 2 3 weeks ago, but that "90 days" doesn't refer to the time it takes from the point they actually put that petition in the mail to the time NVC takes to receive it. That's the information that I want that no one seems to be able to tell me. 

6 weeks to send the petition (NOA2: Nov 3, Send date: Dec 14) then supposedly 6 weeks for NVC to receive it... that means that it will take until the end of January for me to get a case number! How is that ok?!

This is specifically what I wrote to my congressman about. Hope to get an answer soon, a definitive one.

Timeline
Just now, heartinKorea said:

It's worth asking other reps because, and without sounding flippant, unless they've changed from truck / air transit to a horse and cart transport recently, we know that people have got their case numbers within 2 weeks of their NOA2 approval date only a month previous to yours - look at the 10/10/17 NOA2 approvals on the timelines here - 8 days, 10 days and 13 days, for example.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Either USCIS or NVC doesn't want to processs things further for unknown reason...

And ppl never asked detailed questions about how long since mailed till received by NVC before, bcs usually 2 weeks after NOA2 ppl had NVC case number ;/

I wrote before they even made an excuse that after receiving mail by NVC it might be 2 weeks for scanning lol..  Maybe later 2 weeks to move from delivery room to scanning room, another 2 weeks for preparing a correct pdf-whetever elese-correct format etc etc.. those are just excuses for not processing stuff this month, and probably we won't get an answer since it's their inner politics atm

Edited by Marcelina

20 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I think there will always be conflicting info, especially within the government because there are so many different departments, workers for each section, I.e., visa processing.

despite USCUS stating it’s been mailed... it may be in a pile waiting to be mailed.

the status may just be “sent to NVC” within the USCIS system so they no it’s no longer an active case with USCIS...

possibily??

I don't think so. I called on Wednesday and the status still said it was "waiting to be mailed", then Thursday the status changed to "sent to NVC". The tier 2 agent I talked to said that their system tends to be pretty up to date about that. 

17 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

It's worth asking other reps because, and without sounding flippant, unless they've changed from truck / air transit to a horse and cart transport recently

ROFL :lol:

Timeline

I don't think so. I called on Wednesday and the status still said it was "waiting to be mailed", then Thursday the status changed to "sent to NVC". The tier 2 agent I talked to said that their system tends to be pretty up to date about that. 

That’s awesome!! I wasn’t aware of the waiting to be mailed status!

thank you🙂

Timeline

Can tier 1 tell you if your application has been mailed to NVC?

I can’t avoid the prompt to enter a call back number for a tier two because I’m currently not in the states and they don’t call back internationally.

last time the tier 1 rep told me I could just hold on the line but an automated system told me I had to enter a call back number and when I didn’t/couldn’t, the system disconnected me😔

Edited by AZSunshine78

1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Can tier 1 tell you if your application has been mailed to NVC?

I can’t avoid the prompt to enter a call back number for a tier two because I’m currently not in the states and they don’t call back internationally.

last time the tier 1 rep told me I could just hold on the line but an automated system told me I had to enter a call back number and when I didn’t/couldn’t, the system disconnected me😔

Nope unfortunately only a tier 2 can check that... and it takes a bit too. The tier 2 put me on hold for around 5-10 minutes while he looked in the system for the info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
5 hours ago, cjelie said:

lol this info is patently wrong. NOA2 have an expiry date to them. Honestly tier 2 doesn't know half as much as we wish they knew 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.