AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Our case was received on the 10th but no case number yet!!!

woohooooo!!! At nvc!!🎉🎉🎉🎉😭

Congrats!!!! Too bad you guys are in Yuma....I am in Phoenix/Mesa and would have you guys over for a dinner and some adult beverages when this is all over :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Still nothing today. This is so frustrating. 

im sorry its such a hell of a rollercoaster ! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Congrats!!!! Too bad you guys are in Yuma....I am in Phoenix/Mesa and would have you guys over for a dinner and some adult beverages when this is all over :).

My sister is in Phx.

we are there every couple of months!!! Pm me your details once you guys get situated!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

So if my status still says at nvc? does this mean its being processed or just kinda stuck in Limbo lol

I’ve seen other people posting on here that it just sits there for a while then it gets sent. If they were working on it I think it would say AP? But really? What is there to work on? Entered into the system, computer assigns a number. That’s it. Come on, NVC

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I’ve seen other people posting on here that it just sits there for a while then it gets sent. If they were working on it I think it would say AP? But really? What is there to work on? Entered into the system, computer assigns a number. That’s it. Come on, NVC

Well my Status says AT NVC so im guessing its doing its thing and being entered into the system . Im sure they are a little back logged due to USCIS holding cases and then forwarding them randomly so they might have to be checking the NOA2 dates expiration and getting them out first. I mean logically that is what I would do. But who knows 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our case was sent to the NVC and we got our Number on 1/8/18 and we checked online last night and its at the embassy in Bangkok!!!!!!!  Oh man the long long long and one more long process is just about over. Stay strong everyone still waiting it will happen.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Well my Status says AT NVC so im guessing its doing its thing and being entered into the system . Im sure they are a little back logged due to USCIS holding cases and then forwarding them randomly so they might have to be checking the NOA2 dates expiration and getting them out first. I mean logically that is what I would do. But who knows 

Yeah, so far I haven’t seen any logic to what they do given people who are just getting to NVC get case numbers the day of while some of us are just sitting there waiting for the world to end. 

12 minutes ago, FamousJerry said:

Our case was sent to the NVC and we got our Number on 1/8/18 and we checked online last night and its at the embassy in Bangkok!!!!!!!  Oh man the long long long and one more long process is just about over. Stay strong everyone still waiting it will happen.

Congrats. Best of luck. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Yeah, so far I haven’t seen any logic to what they do given people who are just getting to NVC get case numbers the day of while some of us are just sitting there waiting for the world to end. 

Congrats. Best of luck. 

yeah I don't get why you haven't got a number yet. When I called last Friday the man said "I have a case number for you if you want to write it down" I didn't ask for one he just kinda gave it me and our case arrived the same day as yours I assume 

Timeline
Just now, Andy davies said:

yeah I don't get why you haven't got a number yet. When I called last Friday the man said "I have a case number for you if you want to write it down" I didn't ask for one he just kinda gave it me and our case arrived the same day as yours I assume 

Ugh I’m so over this whole process. I honestly don’t get why it’s done the way it’s done. 

Timeline
Just now, TNJ17 said:

Ugh I’m so over this whole process. I honestly don’t get why it’s done the way it’s done. 

I don't know either . In fact I don't think anyone knows. All we can do is wait and thats it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I agree, the only conclusion I can come to is it just comes in a huge container/bag full of K1's with various NOA2's...from 11/21 thru 11/28. They probably get a truckload of applications each day (K1's, CR1's, IR1's, every other visa application). There's probably just a warehouse within that building with carts of K1 apps from the USCIS sitting there and at some point during the day, they grab a cart, roll it over and a few people grab each application one by one and start processing them. Who knows if that cart is the one that arrived today or the one that arrived a week ago. Maybe the cart from a week ago is far in the back (those of us who havent received case #'s yet) with 10 carts of K1's blocking it from the front (the ones that came in yesterday/today and are getting their case numbers). 

Just a thought. It probably operates something like that i'd imagine. I'm sure the files are not neatly organized when they are shipped from USCIS given how all over the place the processing is for everything.

50 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Mine says At NVC too, they gave it a case number on Jan 12, so I figure maybe next week it will be sent to embassy.-

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
5 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

You have been waiting more than 6 weeks though. How is it that it’s 6 weeks today? That doesn’t make sense. 

Today is 6 weeks from our 2nd NOA2 this time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.