AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, barltok said:

I got an email from him today saying he contacted USCIS. Shortly after that I received an email from the CSC saying my case had been forwarded to the NVC. I called the NVC after work and they asked me a lot more questions than normal and then told me my case had arrived today and had been expedited. I received my case, invoice number and instructions. All of this happened today

I got the same email today, but when i called NVC they didnt get anything yet. Im curious on how they expedited it. Electronically? or other means. I would assume they do both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, gomeze87 said:

I got the same email today, but when i called NVC they didnt get anything yet. Im curious on how they expedited it. Electronically? or other means. I would assume they do both.

Mine was definitely sent electronically. I'm just not sure why they don't do that for everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, barltok said:

My senator got my case forwarded to the NVC today and expedited so I got my case number today, too!  The embassy is being contacted as I type this!  BEST.DAY.EVER!!!! :D

Jealous. We contacted our congressman weeks ago and heard nothing back. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Believe me you're not jealous of his case situation.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Second time was the charm for me ;) I'm just relieved to have the case moving again. This process was starting to take a toll on our relationship. I haven't seen my fiance in person since March when we applied.

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Believe me you're not jealous of his case situation.

Isn't that the truth :P

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, barltok said:

Second time was the charm for me ;) I'm just relieved to have the case moving again. This process was starting to take a toll on our relationship. I haven't seen my fiance in person since March when we applied.

Isn't that the truth :P

Well I am following your case strictly (also because I'm also doing it in japan and you were the first case I came across to) I wouldn't wish that mess on anyone it made me so angry.. I'm sincerely happy to see your case moving, and Im sure japan side will be smooth.

can you please let us know if they send the beneficiary any package from the embassy by the way? I'm debating on updating my address in the future or just put the new one on the ds-160

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well I am following your case strictly (also because I'm also doing it in japan and you were the first case I came across to) I wouldn't wish that mess on anyone it made me so angry.. I'm sincerely happy to see your case moving, and Im sure japan side will be smooth.

can you please let us know if they send the beneficiary any package from the embassy by the way? I'm debating on updating my address in the future or just put the new one on the ds-160

Absolutely. We are under the impression that the beneficiary will receive a packet. We have been reading up about this process on Japanese sites and they all talk about getting a packet from the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC received our case yesterday, was hoping we'd get the case number today since so many people did (even ones received yesterday too) but bummer, nothing for us yet. Will try Monday (are they open Monday though? Cause it's Martin Luther King day...post office is closed). Forgot to ask the NVC on the phone.

1 minute ago, aviator99 said:

NVC received our case yesterday, was hoping we'd get the case number today since so many people did (even ones received yesterday too) but bummer, nothing for us yet. Will try Monday (are they open Monday though? Cause it's Martin Luther King day...post office is closed). Forgot to ask the NVC on the phone.

damn it, i forgot about that. another holiday, argh. they are closed

5 hours ago, GueuF said:

Thank you, Cristina. but I am a little bit confused. Did NVC receive on Nov 29? What was on Dec 28?

Also, could you give a few more details how the process went with NVC until you had your interview scheduled?

Thank you again

lol sorry, huge typo there! ^_^ They got it DEC 28th.  After it being approved November 3rd. I called the NVC from my home country on the 5th of Jan, got through within 10 mins and the nice lady gave me my case# and said my package would leave asap. It left 3 days later :) The consulate received it the next day. (I checked the ceac site) I was surprised how quickly they got it. I was super excited I went ahead and filled the ds-160 that night. The next day I got an email from the consulate saying: The U.S. Embassy in SYDNEY, ASTL approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

But they didn't contact me. My fiance got an email with instructions for me to complete THEN they would contact me to schedule an appointment after I emailed them what they asked for.  This was in the email:

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. 

Your fiancée will need to create a profile via USTravelDocs, please ensure that they complete the delivery address details in the profile to ensure that documents will be returned to the correct address. Please then email our office providing the following information:

1)      Name:

2)      Case number (begins with SYD):

3)      Email address:

4)      Online Nonimmigrant Visa application (DS-160):

o   DS-160 confirmation number

o   You MUST select SYDNEY as your place of interview

5)      MRV Fee receipt for K Visa applicants (USD265.00):

An interview will not be scheduled until we see that this fee has been paid. You may pay the fee;

o   Online payment with a credit card

Via your USTravelDocs profile 

o   Australia Payment in Person at Australia Post

You will be required to scan and email a copy of the receipt with the above documents.

Note: you will also need to bring the original receipt to your interview. There is no other way to verify this payment other than the original receipt.

After I emailed them they got back to me the next day with my appointment time and date. I didn't choose it (even tho I asked for February I also booked my medical 10 days before my interview. The Dr was fully booked out and that worried me, so i picked the next available date. It turned out ok :) Hope this is helpful! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi there, 

I just read about bartlok and I am facing a similar case. We were firstly approved on april and got our first NOA2 on september 19... after 6 weeks nothing... they sent our case at the NRC... So we got a new NOA2 on december 6... 

But even now still nothing. 

What could we do ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Joel Schmidt said:

Hi there, 

I just read about bartlok and I am facing a similar case. We were firstly approved on april and got our first NOA2 on september 19... after 6 weeks nothing... they sent our case at the NRC... So we got a new NOA2 on december 6... 

But even now still nothing. 

What could we do ?

Welcome to the VJ website, also known as The Waiting Club :P   

So sorry to hear about the mix-up with your paperwork! How agonizing that must be...but hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel soon.

The NVC is only just beginning to receive cases with NOA2 dates starting from the end of November. In fact there are people still waiting from earlier in November. But, over the next week/couple of weeks, we should start seeing them receiving cases from beginning of December and onwards.

Now that your NOA2 is more than 30 days old,  if you like, you could start calling them to see if they have received your case.

Look here for instructions about how/when to contact them: https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Also, you can find information and rough estimates on the spreadsheet linked below... please, please add yourself and your information to it so that we all get a clearer picture of how long the wait is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

And please, please fill out your timeline so that your data will help others understand what's going on.

Thank you for joining us and best wishes to you for a speedy reunion with your loved one. :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.