AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

just out of interest what do we do once we have a case number ? 

You can now check your status online and see if it already got sent to the embassy. If you haven't already, submit your DS-160 and get your documents ready (letter of intents, all the financial stuff, new passport photos, whatever your embassy requests which I think you can find online). Then wait for the embassy to contact you I guess. I contacted them on my own yesterday but I also have everything ready for the interview. It's country specific from here as far as I understand. I am confused about when to pay the fee for example, but heard back from them today that they received our case and I hope I will know more soon.

Good luck to you!

Edited by Catseal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Catseal said:

If you haven't already, submit your DS-160 and get your documents ready (letter of intents, all the financial stuff, new passport photos, whatever your embassy requests which I think you can find online). Then wait for the embassy to contact you I guess. I contacted them on my own yesterday but I also have everything ready for the interview. It's country specific from here as far as I understand. I am confused about when to pay the fee for example, but heard back from them today that they received our case and I hope I will know more soon.

Good luck to you!

sweet, yeah ive done the ds-160. Were in London so most is done online . I have all the documents needed already, tax scripts, income support form, passport photos , evidence, the barcode thing they make you print off etc. I know I can schedule a medical but was wondering if thats better to do after London get the file. In london we pay the visa fee online and schedule our own interview date I don't know about your country . But London is all online now which is pretty sweet. 

6 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

sweet, yeah ive done the ds-160. Were in London so most is done online . I have all the documents needed already, tax scripts, income support form, passport photos , evidence, the barcode thing they make you print off etc. I know I can schedule a medical but was wondering if thats better to do after London get the file. In london we pay the visa fee online and schedule our own interview date I don't know about your country . But London is all online now which is pretty sweet. 

I have not found an option to do this online so far, but I hope they will get back to me tomorrow. Smaller country/less applicants and different system, maybe.

Edited by Catseal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

So what are we seeing so far, about 6 week average to NVC receiving?

I got my NOA2 in the mail today dated the 4th so I'm hoping you guys can fill me in with any tips for clearing round two.

Thanks

Perpetual self deprecating sarcasm - its a way of life! 

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

So what are we seeing so far, about 6 week average to NVC receiving?

I got my NOA2 in the mail today dated the 4th so I'm hoping you guys can fill me in with any tips for clearing round two.

Thanks

No way, more like almost 8 weeks is the average. About 50-55 days give or take a few days. Just sit and wait and start gathering the documents for interview. 

Edited by TNJ17

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

No way, more like almost 8 weeks is the average. About 50-55 days give or take a few days. Just sit and wait and start gathering the documents for interview. 

Hey! no problem....I had just resigned myself that the USCIS would not even look at me for the next two months hahaha!  so no worries waiting over here!   I'm a pro

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Timeline

the next question is ####### happens if they overrun their own deadline??? :/ mines May 3rd

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cabovercat said:

the next question is ####### happens if they overrun their own deadline??? :/ mines May 3rd

you will get auto extended, I asked the exact same question as mine expires 03/22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

Hey! no problem....I had just resigned myself that the USCIS would not even look at me for the next two months hahaha!  so no worries waiting over here!   I'm a pro

Yeah they’re a-holes at USCIS. Unfortunately your file is gonna sit there in the corner for weeks before it even gets mailed out to NVC

Timeline
Just now, Andy davies said:

you will get auto extended, I asked the exact same question as mine expires 03/22

this happens automatically I hope???

Just now, TNJ17 said:

Yeah they’re a-holes at USCIS. Unfortunately your file is gonna sit there in the corner for weeks before it even gets mailed out to NVC

Watergate the USCIS

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.