AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s a standard answer. Everyone gets that. 

Call USCIS and tell them that you want to know status of your case.  They will need to transfer you to the next level of support.  You want to leave your number and have them call you back when its your turn.  I called this morning at 8:30am Pacific standard time and got a call back around noon.  I called after Christmas it was about 4 weeks from NOA2 and they told me it was sitting in California office.  Called this morning and they told me it was sent yesturday. Number is 800-375-5283 than push 1 for English than 2 than 2 and when someone answers the phone give them the receipt number and tell them what you are looking for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, gomeze87 said:

How did you get through to get to an officer?, and what did you say to them and they actually gave you a call back? It seems everytime i call and wait for a call back i never get a call back. 

They open at 8:00am Pacific time. Call 800-375-5283 push 1 for english than 2 for case something than 2 again that you dont have case # than when they answer give them receipt number, and tell them that you are trying to figure out where your case is. Tell them NVC doesnt have it and you want to know where its at.  They will transfer you to next level and will say your wait is so many minutes leave your number and will call you back.  Than you wait until they call you back.  Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, gomeze87 said:

Has anyone ever received this response from NVCREsearch My NOA2 is Nov14th and its kind of depressing this should be our week as alot of cases from my week are getting there but i havent received anything.

I received this response back on 12/29

image.thumb.png.19224a8c2f55c92a33831bf6843ddf7d.png

Yes, we got exactly the same one, however signed by Xander. We inquired on 12/27/17 and this notice was received on 01/08/18.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We can safely say we all knew this was gonna be a long ride! But we all had that good feeling when the noa2 came through and we thought FINALLY the hurdle is crossed and I’m being positive for everyone ! We will get there! We are over that horrible part of waiting for the noa2 and as my fiancé said yesterday , we can only wait there’s nothing else to speed it up etc and USCIS will always be slow and I get they have 1,0000 of forms mailed a day to them for different reasons , work , fiancé , business etc so my theory is ! End of January most of us November noa2 should have heard something ! Good luck everyone 

Timeline
11 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Yes we received the exact email. 😟

You should try again as if you received this before end of the year they may well have got your case now 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

I called NVC yesterday. They said they don't have my case yet and its still at CSC. So I call CSC and get transferred to a Tier 2 officer who says they sent it to NVC a while ago, I should check with them.

And I'm like :crying:

Oh

boy ! So maybe it’s there , it’s just not been scanned into the system as yet 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

I called NVC yesterday. They said they don't have my case yet and its still at CSC. So I call CSC and get transferred to a Tier 2 officer who says they sent it to NVC a while ago, I should check with them.

But at least you got an answer from tier 2! Lol we got “we have to ask CSC for you to see when it was shipped so wait 3 weeks for a reply “ lol

14 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Oh

boy ! So maybe it’s there , it’s just not been scanned into the system as yet 

well, that's my hope. people around me are getting case received now according to the spreadsheet (i'm 11/15 NOA2), but nothing for me yet

8 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

But at least you got an answer from tier 2! Lol we got “we have to ask CSC for you to see when it was shipped so wait 3 weeks for a reply “ lol

lol i guess, but i feel that is bad too

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Timeline
Just now, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

well, that's my hope. people around me are getting case received now according to the spreadsheet (i'm 11/15 NOA2), but nothing for me yet

yeah exactly, its so stupid I know that it takes so long for them to send them, im guessing its just done in boxes at a time not individual mailing as that would be a nightmare to handle on the other end I assume. But you should surely here something soon. I hope for you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andy davies said:

yeah exactly, its so stupid I know that it takes so long for them to send them, im guessing its just done in boxes at a time not individual mailing as that would be a nightmare to handle on the other end I assume. But you should surely here something soon. I hope for you 

Except that just up to October, it was taking no more than a week to get to NVC and then just a day or two to get case number. Something happened that made USCIS slow down the mailing of the cases and have them sit there and wait for months and no one is telling why they do it. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Except that just up to October, it was taking no more than a week to get to NVC and then just a day or two to get case number. Something happened that made USCIS slow down the mailing of the cases and have them sit there and wait for months and no one is telling why they do it. 

I believe they had too many applicants and neeeded to flow the mail loads in and out . People panicked when Donald trump had the immigration ban on certain countries and I’m sure that slowed down a lot of visa process throughout the whole country . Understanding that i wish they would give us more info on when they mail them out , I don’t need a reason why it’s long or they are on hold . I’d just like to know the date it was mailed or if it’s been mailed to Nvc , but I can’t even get a straight forward answer on that yet ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

I am beyond that step:

1) CSC Tier 2 tells me they mailed it by Dec 27th

2) NVC tells me they did not receive it (Jan 5)

3) CSC Tier 2 tells me (Jan 9) they have it marked as "Prepared for transfer" but maybe it was already mailed as CSC system updates on a lag and I should keep in mind the NVC may receive it but not update their system for 30 days

4) I am advised to wait 2 weeks before checking again

Sometimes the Tier 2 do not know the correct information or how their system is working. My case was never sent but they told me it was. You have a better chance that it actually was sent since your NOA2 was a while back. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was ranting yesterday lmfao. Nov. 17 NOA2. Emailed nvcresearch and called numerous times. Jan.8 NVC said they contacted USCIS to locate our file and informed us still at CSC. Just right now Jan. 10 received an email from NVC. Exactly same time my fiancee was calling USCIS. Opppsss just hang up when I told him not to call anymore. Hahaha #feelinghappy ☺😊🤗

Screenshot_20180110-235513.png

Edited by mikejoy2019

Timeline
24 minutes ago, mikejoy2019 said:

I was ranting yesterday lmfao. Nov. 17 NOA2. Emailed nvcresearch and called numerous times. Jan.8 NVC said they contacted USCIS to locate our file and informed us still at CSC. Just right now Jan. 10 received an email from NVC. Exactly same time my fiancee was calling USCIS. Opppsss just hang up when I told him not to call anymore. Hahaha #feelinghappy ☺😊🤗

Screenshot_20180110-235513.png

4-5 weeks more lol! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.