AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Catseal said:

I just waited 45 min on the phone to FINALLY hear they got our case on Jan 1st! :dance: 

So relieved they have not lost it at USCIS and to finally be out of there! 

what is this USCIS APP

Just now, Blueethiopia said:

what is this USCIS APP

you mean the tracker I mention in the signature? It's an app for your phone (not actually by USCIS I think, others here know better though). It's the same you get when you type in your WAC-number on their homepage to check your status. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Guys, got a question. We are a Nov 21st NOA2 so we’ll be getting to NVC shortly, however we are just about to move and the address we have on file with USCIS we will not have access to it passed mid January. Should we submit a change of address to USCIS, is that gonna slow this down even more or should we forget about changing our address since all we really need is an NVC number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Guys, got a question. We are a Nov 21st NOA2 so we’ll be getting to NVC shortly, however we are just about to move and the address we have on file with USCIS we will not have access to it passed mid January. Should we submit a change of address to USCIS, is that gonna slow this down even more or should we forget about changing our address since all we really need is an NVC number?

I am not sure whether the USCIS will be able to update your file anyway, since it's already been either mailed, or put aside to be mailed, or whatever happens to the file once the USCIS is done with it and is ready to pass it on to the NVC.

What I did (the beneficiary) when I moved in December was this: Had my fiance send a letter with the change of address to the USCIS at the address on the NOA1, to the attention of I-129F processing. I have no idea whether they got it or what they did with it, since right after that, we received our NOA2 and the file (ostensibly) went to the NVC directly.

In addition, I purchased a mail re-direction service with my post office, making it effective immediately and to stay in effect for 4 months. (I may have to extend this given the delays in the process but that's no problem.) This way, if or when the NVC, or the embassy, sends mail out to me, it will be re-directed to my new address and I'm sure to get it regardless of whether the USCIS has my new address or not.

Hope that helps :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
26 minutes ago, D and T said:

I am not sure whether the USCIS will be able to update your file anyway, since it's already been either mailed, or put aside to be mailed, or whatever happens to the file once the USCIS is done with it and is ready to pass it on to the NVC.

What I did (the beneficiary) when I moved in December was this: Had my fiance send a letter with the change of address to the USCIS at the address on the NOA1, to the attention of I-129F processing. I have no idea whether they got it or what they did with it, since right after that, we received our NOA2 and the file (ostensibly) went to the NVC directly.

In addition, I purchased a mail re-direction service with my post office, making it effective immediately and to stay in effect for 4 months. (I may have to extend this given the delays in the process but that's no problem.) This way, if or when the NVC, or the embassy, sends mail out to me, it will be re-directed to my new address and I'm sure to get it regardless of whether the USCIS has my new address or not.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, that’s what I thought we should do. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Catseal said:

I just waited 45 min on the phone to FINALLY hear they got our case on Jan 1st! :dance: 

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!!!! :D:D That is a huge relief. 

Which number did you call for the NVC by the way? Was it the 0888 or 0700 number?  Also did you call earlier this week at all (and have someone tell you it -wasn't- received), or were you guys just patient and decided to call today and found out it came earlier this week already? Just curious :)

I thought they were closed on the 1st but apparently not :blink:

2 hours ago, aviator99 said:

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!!!! :D:D That is a huge relief. 

Which number did you call for the NVC by the way? Was it the 0888 or 0700 number?  Also did you call earlier this week at all (and have someone tell you it -wasn't- received), or were you guys just patient and decided to call today and found out it came earlier this week already? Just curious :)

I thought they were closed on the 1st but apparently not :blink:

Thanks, yes it is indeed!

No patience here no, we called the 0700 number once a day, and before we got the response that it wasn't in the system. But I am a bit confused about that received date too. My SO called later last night, right before they closed, again, just to check if they might have a case number already since it has been four days. The person he talked to explicitly told him it was received today, when the other person told me before explicitly it was January 1st. So honestly not sure what to think. I put in 1st in the spreadsheet and the timeline but putting in the 5th might be more accurate? Considering we found out today. I jut don't understand why the first Customer service Representative would have said 1st to begin with (she volunteered that info, it wasn't me asking about it). 

Either way, I am happy it's finally at NVC and hopefully it will go fast from here! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
17 hours ago, useful89 said:

Talk to a tier 2 and try to get them to put in a request to have your case sent immediately to nvc

Thank you, you mean calling USCIS and pushing them to send my case to nvc?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, barltok said:

The first time I sent one to them from my original NOA2 it took a few days.  The second one I sent on 12/28 hasn't received a response yet.

I sent one on my 30 day mark. Included a copy I recently sent to my congress about time delays, copy of my noa2 and asked that I be passed to a supervisor to initiate actual action instead of a generic customer service representative response and I got the generic “ you must wait 6 weeks...

Letter to NVC

01/04/2018
Attn: NVC

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is 
My USCIS receipt number is WAC1790
I am the petitioner for 

It has been 30 days since my NOA2 notice for my I129F application and I would like to request an official inquiry as to why my case file has not been received by the NVC.

I have attached a letter I sent to my congressman, as well as other supporting documentation regarding the importance of getting my case from USCIS to you, to the embassy as soon as possible.

I would appreciate a response from NVC from an upper level supervisor or management team member, as template email responses from customer service representatives provide no concrete measures of action or explanation for how my concern will be addressed and resolved.

We started our K-1 visa process at the beginning of June and believed we allowed for plenty of time to get through the process. 

We based this on current and past processing times from information we reviewed from the USCIS website.

Unfortunately, we are now days away from him becoming homeless and I can not pay for him to live in the U.K.

We urgently need your help. Please.

I am hopeful that my explanation of financial hardship be considered valid as we now stand no chance of visa approval and visa issuance prior to January 15th, 2018 without your assistance.

I have included a copy of his exit letter from the military as supporting evidence that he honestly has no where to go as of January 15th, 2018

Thank you for your time.

Letter to Congress Representative:

12/20/2107

Good Morning Mr. Gosar,

My name is
I am writing on behalf of myself and my fiancé, 

We are seeking assistance for our fiancé application, submitted on June 5, 2017, approved on Dec, 7th, 2017.

Our case number with USCIS is 

The next step in this process is that USCIS sends our approved application to the National Visa Center (NVC) to be processed before sending to the embassy in London.

We have been informed by NVC that we can not make any inquiries to NVC before a set 6 week processing period, beginning from the day our petition was approved (12/07/2017)

Prior to filing, Aaron and I thoroughly reviewed official USCIS processing timelines to ensure we were not put in this situation, yet seven months later,  here we are. 

We are one month away from a very uncertain future (because of the 6 week processing time according to CSC and USCIS) for an approved application to be mailed from the California Service Center to the National Visa Center. 

I will be frank Sir, it makes no sense that it takes up to 6 weeks, short of the documents being delivered by horse and buggy, for the packet to be mailed from one location in the states to another location in the states.

I also believe it to be very unreasonable that any inquiry I make prior to the six weeks is invalid.

A 6 week waiting period to inquire if my documents have been mailed from USCIS to the NVC?  I simply don’t understand this.

We started this process based on information provided by USCIS on timelines and time frames for adjudication. 

Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we would get to this point. 

I don’t know what to do and I am reaching out for assistance. 

Our case needs to get to the National Visa Center as soon as possible, go through whatever processing they must complete and then be sent straight away to the embassy in London.

Thank you for your time.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I sent one on my 30 day mark. Included a copy I recently sent to my congress about time delays, copy of my noa2 and asked that I be passed to a supervisor to initiate actual action instead of a generic customer service representative response and I got the generic “ you must wait 6 weeks...

Letter to NVC

01/04/2018
Attn: NVC

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is 
My USCIS receipt number is WAC1790
I am the petitioner for 

It has been 30 days since my NOA2 notice for my I129F application and I would like to request an official inquiry as to why my case file has not been received by the NVC.

I have attached a letter I sent to my congressman, as well as other supporting documentation regarding the importance of getting my case from USCIS to you, to the embassy as soon as possible.

I would appreciate a response from NVC from an upper level supervisor or management team member, as template email responses from customer service representatives provide no concrete measures of action or explanation for how my concern will be addressed and resolved.

We started our K-1 visa process at the beginning of June and believed we allowed for plenty of time to get through the process. 

We based this on current and past processing times from information we reviewed from the USCIS website.

Unfortunately, we are now days away from him becoming homeless and I can not pay for him to live in the U.K.

We urgently need your help. Please.

I am hopeful that my explanation of financial hardship be considered valid as we now stand no chance of visa approval and visa issuance prior to January 15th, 2018 without your assistance.

I have included a copy of his exit letter from the military as supporting evidence that he honestly has no where to go as of January 15th, 2018

Thank you for your time.

Letter to Congress Representative:

12/20/2107

Good Morning Mr. Gosar,

My name is
I am writing on behalf of myself and my fiancé, 

We are seeking assistance for our fiancé application, submitted on June 5, 2017, approved on Dec, 7th, 2017.

Our case number with USCIS is 

The next step in this process is that USCIS sends our approved application to the National Visa Center (NVC) to be processed before sending to the embassy in London.

We have been informed by NVC that we can not make any inquiries to NVC before a set 6 week processing period, beginning from the day our petition was approved (12/07/2017)

Prior to filing, Aaron and I thoroughly reviewed official USCIS processing timelines to ensure we were not put in this situation, yet seven months later,  here we are. 

We are one month away from a very uncertain future (because of the 6 week processing time according to CSC and USCIS) for an approved application to be mailed from the California Service Center to the National Visa Center. 

I will be frank Sir, it makes no sense that it takes up to 6 weeks, short of the documents being delivered by horse and buggy, for the packet to be mailed from one location in the states to another location in the states.

I also believe it to be very unreasonable that any inquiry I make prior to the six weeks is invalid.

A 6 week waiting period to inquire if my documents have been mailed from USCIS to the NVC?  I simply don’t understand this.

We started this process based on information provided by USCIS on timelines and time frames for adjudication. 

Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we would get to this point. 

I don’t know what to do and I am reaching out for assistance. 

Our case needs to get to the National Visa Center as soon as possible, go through whatever processing they must complete and then be sent straight away to the embassy in London.

Thank you for your time.

That’s some letter. Have you heard anything after sending it yet? Is the part about your SO other being homeless true? I ask because that sounds like a problem at the interview stage when they ask you where you are gonna live. Even if you do get a case number by next week, I don’t think you can schedule an interview, receive your passport and book a flight all before the 15th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
21 hours ago, msscarlette said:

My fiancé called last Wednesday to ask about our case NOA2 11/27, the NVC Rep said to call back next Tuesday coz they’ll receive another batch of mail from USCIS. I don’t know if she was saying that to calm us down but it’s worth a shot to call again next week. 

Hopefully we are included in that batch too :)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Catseal said:

Congratulations! :D

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s some letter. Have you heard anything after sending it yet? Is the part about your SO other being homeless true? I ask because that sounds like a problem at the interview stage when they ask you where you are gonna live. Even if you do get a case number by next week, I don’t think you can schedule an interview, receive your passport and book a flight all before the 15th. 

He is no longer entitled to military housing as of the 15th and is scrambling to find lodging, perhaps a hotel.

Yes, it is true. Be weary of anyone who advises to sidestep or omit information.

its best to be completely honest.

i sent this just a few days ago at my 30 day after noa2.

Within 2 days I got a letter with the generic, “you must wait 6 weeks”

I will resubmit it all in 6 weeks.

*There is private information that was omitted from the public post that was only sent to my congressman and NVC regarding the housing concerns.

Just wanted to share in case it helps others.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

He is no longer entitled to military housing as of the 15th and is scrambling to find lodging, perhaps a hotel.

Yes, it is true. Be weary of anyone who advises to sidestep or omit information.

its best to be completely honest.

i sent this just a few days ago at my 30 day after noa2.

Within 2 days I got a letter with the generic, “you must wait 6 weeks”

I will resubmit it all in 6 weeks.

*There is private information that was omitted from the public post that was only sent to my congressman and NVC regarding the housing concerns.

Just wanted to share in case it helps others.

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but if this is the USC who’s about to be homeless, you’re gonna have a hard time getting the K1 Visa approved. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but if this is the USC who’s about to be homeless, you’re gonna have a hard time getting the K1 Visa approved. 

I’m the USC, lol😉

We are already approved.

Just waiting for NVC # so we can schedule medical and embassy interview🙂

Edited by AZSunshine78

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.