AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, useful89 said:

That's weird. That language was not used verbally or in the letter I received. I've no idea though and I certainly didn't specifically ask for a review to expedite. 

I had never even heard of expediting until they did it to me.  My letter did not include that language, either.  Hence why I'm cautioning people about asking for their cases to get mailed quicker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, barltok said:

I had never even heard of expediting until they did it to me.  My letter did not include that language, either.  Hence why I'm cautioning people about asking for their cases to get mailed quicker.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. 

My fiancé called last Wednesday to ask about our case NOA2 11/27, the NVC Rep said to call back next Tuesday coz they’ll receive another batch of mail from USCIS. I don’t know if she was saying that to calm us down but it’s worth a shot to call again next week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 hours ago, barltok said:

I was thinking the same thing when they moved my case to Review for Expedite.  Apparently that's the status that must be applied by USCIS in order to do anything faster.  For this example, mailing your case out quicker than normal.  My case was already approved at that point, too.  I was in the exact same situation as you and asked a Tier 2 representative to mail my case ASAP.  When it didn't get mailed for another week I called them and found out the case had been moved to Review for Expedite.

But how can you know your case has been slowed down when people from before your date are barely just now getting their case numbers? Maybe I'm missing something...I just don't understand why it's now taking 2 months to mail a case. Their incompetence is astonishing. 

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did somebody send an email inquiry to nvcresearch@state.gov ?

I wonder how long did it take to get a reply?

We sent ours on 12/27/17 and nothing so far..

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Meech said:

But how can you know your case has been slowed down when people from before your date are barely just now getting their case numbers? Maybe I'm missing something...I just don't understand why it's now taking 2 months to mail a case. Their incompetence is astonishing. 

Isn't that the truth? The reason why I know mine was slowed down is because my original approval date was in September when everyone else was getting their cases mailed much faster than now.  I just want people to be aware that asking for them to move faster probably isn't going to lead to anything helpful since, as  you stated, they're incompetent.  Now, there is one difference between my case and useful89's - the service center.  The CSC in my experience is the absolute worst.  They sent my original NOA2 to the NRC by mistake,  then, after getting it back, sent it to review for expedite and then had it re-adjudicated.  Now they still haven't sent my case to the NVC after my second NOA2.  I wish I only had to wait since November for my case to get to the NVC.  I've been waiting since September.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

The first time I sent one to them from my original NOA2 it took a few days.  The second one I sent on 12/28 hasn't received a response yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
35 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

We did january 2 , they say it might take few weeks but them can answer before as said in the previous comment of @barltok

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

It took about 10 days and is not much different than the online form we fill out to query about our case study. My letter said "we don't have your case...blah, blah, blah," and everyone I have discussed this with had their letter signed by a person named Carlos. I think they just look in the computer and if the case is not there, this form letter from Carlos comes. The actual letter is posted in this thread by me. If you want, I can send you a copy if you cannot find it.

Timeline

OK great - thanks for the replies :)

I was just curios if their email answering system is on par with the rest of all the "slowness".

Let's keep on waiting ;)

Timeline

@A & O

I wonder who the VJ member A & O is ?

As per the google sheet they are waiting 67 days? Seems a bit extreme - I'd say the sheet hasn't been updated.

I notices as well that some names in the sheet don't match the VJ usernames.

Just a thought...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No approvals today per the spreadsheet...? Ughhh. Our NOA2 11/21/17; nothing at the NVC as of 01/03. I haven't called today cause I read they're overwhelmed with phone calls.

Bigger question: Did the post office actually -receive- or deliver any mail to the NVC yesterday or today? Looks like the USPS is open up there per USPS.com/service disruptions.

I've been contemplating emailing the NVC-Research email but I feel like that's just a waste of time, everyone seems kind of in the same boat/waiting time. Very frustrating. We were so excited back on 11/21/17 to finally get our NOA2 and I told my Fiance... "The NVC part next goes quick! They should get the paperwork from the USCIS in the next couple weeks, give another couple days to a week or so turnaround there and we'll be scheduling our interview by Christmas for sometime in January!"

....and he we are....waiting. I wish we sent our application back in April instead (we are a 05/31 filier)...cause the October NOA2's went to the NVC fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

No approvals today per the spreadsheet...? Ughhh. Our NOA2 11/21/17; nothing at the NVC as of 01/03. I haven't called today cause I read they're overwhelmed with phone calls.

Bigger question: Did the post office actually -receive- or deliver any mail to the NVC yesterday or today? Looks like the USPS is open up there per USPS.com/service disruptions.

I've been contemplating emailing the NVC-Research email but I feel like that's just a waste of time, everyone seems kind of in the same boat/waiting time. Very frustrating. We were so excited back on 11/21/17 to finally get our NOA2 and I told my Fiance... "The NVC part next goes quick! They should get the paperwork from the USCIS in the next couple weeks, give another couple days to a week or so turnaround there and we'll be scheduling our interview by Christmas for sometime in January!"

....and he we are....waiting. I wish we sent our application back in April instead (we are a 05/31 filier)...cause the October NOA2's went to the NVC fast.

yep, April or before April was a fast process. They are taking their time. no oe received any update from NVC today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.