AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2018 at 7:18 AM, barltok said:

I would recommend contacting the CSC immediately.  I received a notice similar to the from the NVC when USCIS mistakenly sent my paperwork to the NRC.

I had this happen as well. I constantly attacked it from both angles, USCIS and NVC. Even after getting the notice and before, I still called NVC daily, and I still called USCIS and escalated to tier2 at least twice a week to look up where the petition was and why it hadn't been sent. After filing a formal inquiry with tier2 USCIS, it got sent about a week later. Super annoying, but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. be a pest IMO. A nice, courteous one, but be a pest. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

So everyone, I was thinking, and I remember talking to a tier 2 once about our case, and he said he would 'put in a request that your case be transferred to NVC immediately.' It is the only reason I can think of as to why mine got transferred so quickly. I know it's something a tier 2 can do, so maybe for those still waiting on NVC transfer you can ask/insist the tier 2 puts in the same request. I've no idea if it actually helps but it's the only thing I can think of as to why mine was so quick. Hope it helps 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Called nvc just now. Sorry were closed. Call again in the next business day. Blah Blah hehehe hhhhmmm Will try again later. 😊

Closed due to the snowstorm 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

The whole northeast got hit hard by a blizzard and most places are on snow days. Maybe they’ll be back tomorrow. Just great. Just what we needed. Something else to delay this nightmare. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
12 hours ago, Anita27 said:

Hello friends! Does anyone have "ready" status after getting NVC case number? We are still "in transit" status. NOA2 approval Nov. 1st. Thank you and good luck guys! 

Mine is in ready status for a while and I’m also Nov 1st NOA2. Did the petitioner got confirmation mail about case being sent to the embassy?

Edited by Marcelina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marcelina said:

Mine is in ready status for a while and I’m also Nov 1st NOA2. Did the petitioner got confirmation mail about case being sent to the embassy?

Yes! My fiance got the letter 3 days ago. I saw your post about your status and I know that you are also Nov 1st approval. I guess it's already an embassy issue! Hope to hear good news soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Anita27 said:

Yes! My fiance got the letter 3 days ago. I saw your post about your status and I know that you are also Nov 1st approval. I guess it's already an embassy issue! Hope to hear good news soon. 

Maybe they will update the status around next Tuesday :) fingers crossed! 🤞🏻 

Timeline

Hello Everyone, I  join this forum, even though my NOA2: December 20. As I read in various forums, the receipt of cases by the NVC is pretty random. There are applicants who wait for 60+ days, while others: less than 20 days. Is anyone aware of the idea behind the selection of cases to forward to NVC? Thanks and happy new year to everyone!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marcelina said:

Maybe they will update the status around next Tuesday :) fingers crossed! 🤞🏻 

yep! Fingers crossed! Thanks for the answer :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, SonaMartirosyan said:

Hello Everyone, I  join this forum, even though my NOA2: December 20. As I read in various forums, the receipt of cases by the NVC is pretty random. There are applicants who wait for 60+ days, while others: less than 20 days. Is anyone aware of the idea behind the selection of cases to forward to NVC? Thanks and happy new year to everyone!

It is literally hit or miss.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, Karim3_22 said:

I called them, but they didn't help! I saw a YouTube video on how to complete the form and they added the name of the beneficiary. please let me know what your contact says! 

Hi,

My contact answered "NONE"/ "N/A" in that section because it is only her fiancé she ever filed for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
6 hours ago, SonaMartirosyan said:

Talk to a tier 2 and try to get them to put in a request to have your case sent immediately to nvc

Timeline
Just now, pmeyer1229 said:

Does anyone know if the NVC is open today? I bet the storm has them closed until Monday.

Yes, they are closed.

Possibly until mid next week as Portsmouth (where they are located) is right on the coast and has been hit rather hard from the storms.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Yes, they are closed.

Possibly until mid next week as Portsmouth (where they are located) is right on the coast and has been hit rather hard from the storms.

How do you know this? Has it been confirmed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.