AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

It looks like November 15 is making its way to NVC today. Yay

Just called, our Nov 15 NOA2 didn't make it yet, I hope before they close we finally hear something positive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

So we are November 10th NOA2 approved so I wrote the NVC RESEARCH and received the following letter. We are so upset and don't know what to do. Has anyone else seen this letter? Any feedback would be appreciated.....

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

Case Number:   9755

Sincerely,

Carlos

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

PAE, Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

I would recommend contacting the CSC immediately.  I received a notice similar to the from the NVC when USCIS mistakenly sent my paperwork to the NRC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Just called, our Nov 15 NOA2 didn't make it yet, I hope before they close we finally hear something positive.

Finger crossed! Hopefully, we will get it soon. Ours is Nov 29 :D

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Not to rain on your parade but it will go to the NVC like the rest. It’s just apparently different wording on the NOA but it’s not going straight to the embassy. 

It's not the NOA2 it's the letter from NVC saying they have our petition, along with a case number and all. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

So we are November 10th NOA2 approved so I wrote the NVC RESEARCH and received the following letter. We are so upset and don't know what to do. Has anyone else seen this letter? Any feedback would be appreciated.....

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

Case Number:   9755

Sincerely,

Carlos

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

PAE, Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Yes I got the exact same one, and Im a NOA2 Nov 8th... I got the e-mail just one day ago.

It seems to be like a lottery? Why don't they send it in the order it got approved!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Zozan said:

Yes I got the exact same one, and Im a NOA2 Nov 8th... I got the e-mail just one day ago.

It seems to be like a lottery? Why don't they send it in the order it got approved!?

Better yet, why hold them at all?  They should mail them out to the NVC at the same time our approval notices are sent out.  It's not like it's difficult to mail papers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

We wait almost 7months for NOA2,before we got approved and now its almost 1month and were still waiting for nvc number,...Its so frustating....Waiting is really hard😞😞😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Josiah angela said:

We wait almost 7months for NOA2,before we got approved and now its almost 1month and were still waiting for nvc number,...Its so frustating....Waiting is really hard😞😞😞

There are tons of people waiting a lot more than a month. Or two. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Josiah angela said:

Stay posotive! It will happen, definitely some procedures changed making the NVC stage longer then in the past. I was waiting full 7 weeks before my NVC case number.

20 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

There are tons of people waiting a lot more than a month. Or two. 

True, but remember most of us applied for K-1 thinking it will take 6 months maximum, including arriving to states. So I was extremely frustrated and I understant others here having hard days right now.

I hope we hear some good news tonight.

Don't forget to check your mail, maybe you guys might receive a letter from NVC just like @useful89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zozan said:

It means they have now submitted an inquiry to ISCIS saying, where’s this case?!”

Hi yall!

NOA2 11/28/2017... Still waiting. Good luck

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, cjelie said:

Spoke to NVC yesterday and was told that my case arrived and wait 2 weeks for a number/processing.  I tried to edit the Google Spreadsheet, but it seems locked.  NOA2 11/15/17.

it took me one day to get a case number after NVC received it. call them back today, they might have a case # for you. Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

NOA2 11/21/17

Called the NVC last night and they told me that they haven't received anything yet.

Called USCIS today and was told that I'll be called back by a tier 2 in 237 minutes. It happens that they called me back around 180 minutes.

I was told that it says that our case is in transit and has been sent to the NVC, however they could not say when it was sent. As well she mentioned that there is a very high number of K1 visa applications and that they send them out in bulk (but didn't know the frequency of the bulk shipments). She said l that it might take up to 3 months once the NVC receives it - which I doubt ;)

All in all according to this, USCIS does not know when they send stuff out, only that it has been sent ;)

Lets keep on waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.