AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, cjelie said:

Spoke to NVC yesterday and was told that my case arrived and wait 2 weeks for a number/processing.  I tried to edit the Google Spreadsheet, but it seems locked.  NOA2 11/15/17.

I can edit it for you. Should I put in 01/02?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Carol and Justin said:

Our NOA2 was aproved in november 17,2017  and still waiting for NCV to receive the case from USCIS. Now has been 47 days...

Yeah we were approved nov 22! We called again today and they said it’s still not been received (or is not in the system) so we have emailed the Nvc search guys to have a look into it as it’s been 6 weeks for us so you’re on the 7th week! Somehow nov people have been left behind due to thanksgiving and Christmas holidays I believe they are a little behind on the work load, give them an email with the @search address and then hopefully you will get a response this year! We haven’t had a email back yet but the guys on the telephone said we should email them to chase it up . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Yeah we were approved nov 22! We called again today and they said it’s still not been received (or is not in the system) so we have emailed the Nvc search guys to have a look into it as it’s been 6 weeks for us so you’re on the 7th week! Somehow nov people have been left behind due to thanksgiving and Christmas holidays I believe they are a little behind on the work load, give them an email with the @search address and then hopefully you will get a response this year! We haven’t had a email back yet but the guys on the telephone said we should email them to chase it up . 

Yes has not been easy for us. Thanks to Visajourney  we can see that the delay has been something related to the process in general an not only to our case.

We emailed NCV too... Another day we called they said once they get the process it takes about 15 days to sent it to the Consulate of the beneficiary's country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

By the way, the last time we callled USCIS they told us it should not take more than 3 months for them to send the process for NVC after the approval of NOA2. Can you believe in that? The other day we callec they said 6 to 8 weeks, then they said 3 months...

Edited by Carol and Justin

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carol and Justin said:

Yes has not been easy for us. Thanks to Visajourney  we can see that the delay has been something related to the process in general an not only to our case.

We emailed NCV too... Another day we called they said once they get the process it takes about 15 days to sent it to the Consulate of the beneficiary's country.

Yeah , you are not alone! I know you are probably thinking it’s been misplaced or your file is the only one (as that’s how we feel) but I’m sure in a week or so it will be sorted out and we will move forward 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carol and Justin said:

By the way, the last time we callled USCIS they told us it should not take more than 3 months for them to send the process for NVC after the approval of NOA2. Can you believe in that? The other day we callec they said 6 to 8 weeks, then they said 3 months...

3 months! No way! They are normally 6-8 weeks! Not 12 weeks! It’s such a slow ### journey! It’s not like it’s even a free service! We have all paid $1,000s lol . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Yeah , you are not alone! I know you are probably thinking it’s been misplaced or your file is the only one (as that’s how we feel) but I’m sure in a week or so it will be sorted out and we will move forward 

Just keep in mind they can misplace your paperwork like they did with mine, so it's important to keep track of your case.  My original NOA2 was in September...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, barltok said:

Just keep in mind they can misplace your paperwork like they did with mine, so it's important to keep track of your case.  My original NOA2 was in September...

I cannot believe they do that! Just terrible! Also if they misplaced my file I cannot remember now what I sent along with it all as it was in may!  Just awful! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
8 hours ago, useful89 said:

Yes I got the letter. I called them once, a few days after getting my NOA2. 

Not to rain on your parade but it will go to the NVC like the rest. It’s just apparently different wording on the NOA but it’s not going straight to the embassy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

I cannot believe they do that! Just terrible! Also if they misplaced my file I cannot remember now what I sent along with it all as it was in may!  Just awful! 

Yeah, it's been tough for us, but I've read even worse situations on this site.  An 11/15 approval reached the NVC so hopefully the wait is almost over :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, barltok said:

Best news I've heard in a while!

thats good to know, yeah its stressful. My fiancé is getting impatient too as we thought the long wait was over with approval of the k1. We dint know it wold take so long after to reach the next stage. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we are November 10th NOA2 approved so I wrote the NVC RESEARCH and received the following letter. We are so upset and don't know what to do. Has anyone else seen this letter? Any feedback would be appreciated.....

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

Case Number:   9755

Sincerely,

Carlos

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

PAE, Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.