AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, D and T said:

Nope!

The only thing I know of is the letter sent to notify that the case is received and ready at the embassy.

This is exciting but I'm afraid to get my hopes up :P  Safe travels and thank you for keeping us informed when you get home. :)

Exactly, I'm going back with the mindset that I have to wait 3-4 weeks to hear from NVC. If I get some stupid letter that's not good news I'll be so disappointed lol. 

Thank you for your good wishes!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, useful89 said:

So, I got a letter from NVC in the mail today. I don't know what it is as I'm not home and only know about the letter through informed delivery. Could be notification that NVC has sent my stuff on to the embassy? I don't know what other types of letters they send. Fingers crossed...

How exciting!!

Did you submit an inquiry to them.

I did and got the standard wait 6 weeks response letter so may be that IF you did an inquiry but if not, ma be great news!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

How exciting!!

Did you submit an inquiry to them.

I did and got the standard wait 6 weeks response letter so may be that IF you did an inquiry but if not, ma be great news!!!!

I called them a few weeks ago but didn't submit an inquiry. I hope they didn't think I did or something! All I asked for was to see if it had been received.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, useful89 said:

It's been received and sent to the embassy! We are a December approval. I don't know how this happened...

Oh my So happy to hear!

is it the NVC letter?? When did you call them last time?

Edited by Naes

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh my So happy to hear!

is it the NVC letter?? When did you call them last time?

Yes I got the letter. I called them once, a few days after getting my NOA2. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, useful89 said:

Yeah it's just soul crushing at times... I hope your wait is over soon though!

I'm not overly familiar with stuff after the NOA2 though. Does NVC ever send a letter except to notify the petitioner that they received their petition? My NOA2 is December 8th...

#######!? Im really happy for you guys but I've been waiting since Nov 8th 😦

They're handling this so bad!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, useful89 said:

20 days!!! Congratulations! You and your fiance are moving forward finally, yay!

Unless this is a fluke or outlier, perhaps it's good news for all of us. Could it be that the bottleneck is easing? I suppose we'll find out as the week progresses.

Best wishes to you for the interview and POE!  :) 

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

5 hours ago, useful89 said:

wow, i'm happy for you! dude, you're so lucky!!!! to get approved in december and then get your case sent to the embassy too :thumbs:

sad for myself and angry at uscis and nvc!!! i've been waiting since mid november :angry:

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zozan said:

#######!? Im really happy for you guys but I've been waiting since Nov 8th 😦

They're handling this so bad!

I understand! Trust me I'm a little bit embarrassed about it and hesitated posting here because I didn't want to make it more difficult for anyone. 

1 hour ago, D and T said:

20 days!!! Congratulations! You and your fiance are moving forward finally, yay!

Unless this is a fluke or outlier, perhaps it's good news for all of us. Could it be that the bottleneck is easing? I suppose we'll find out as the week progresses.

Best wishes to you for the interview and POE!  :) 

Thank you! I really didn't expect it and don't know what happened. It's surreal to me now. I hope it starts going faster for everyone.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

wow, i'm happy for you! dude, you're so lucky!!!! to get approved in december and then get your case sent to the embassy too :thumbs:

sad for myself and angry at uscis and nvc!!! i've been waiting since mid november :angry:

Definitely. I would be super annoyed too. I hope you get movement soon.

16 minutes ago, Carol and Justin said:

Our NOA2 was aproved in november 17,2017  and still waiting for NCV to receive the case from USCIS. Now has been 47 days...

Kindly add your name in this spreadsheet. Don't worry a lot of us here are also waiting. I'm sure our turn will come soon. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

Kindly add your name in this spreadsheet. Don't worry a lot of us here are also waiting. I'm sure our turn will come soon. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

I did already! Thanks! =)

Edited by Carol and Justin

Spoke to NVC yesterday and was told that my case arrived and wait 2 weeks for a number/processing.  I tried to edit the Google Spreadsheet, but it seems locked.  NOA2 11/15/17.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.