AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Josiah angela said:

We got approved nov.30 but till now we dont have our NVC number. My fiance just called uscis but they said they didnt send yet our papers to nvc.... Its so frustating

I got the approval on Nov 7th, and I got a case number the end of dec. looks the average is 40 to 50 days. hopefully it will be faster now since the holidays are over. Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, msscarlette said:

You will file AOS, EAD and AP (Advance Parole) at the same. The estimated time for the EAD and AP is 3 to 4 months. He can file an expedited EAD application after he receives a job offer or due to financial issues. It would be better to file the expedite after he has the NOA1 and biometrics. 

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Catseal said:

NOA2 date was Nov 15, still nothing has arrived at NVC:cry:

NOA2 Nov 14 got nothing either. But based on the google spreadsheet i would guess we might see some NVC numbers from NOA2 approved the week of Nov 13-17. Making this guess as last week most case numbers were given out to people with Nov 6 -11 approval

Edited by gomeze87

We think so too, just hoped it would be today. :whistle: Btw, @gomeze87, I can't believe you filed almost a month before us and we are now at the same stage. 
Hope we all hear something soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Catseal said:

We think so too, just hoped it would be today. :whistle: Btw, @gomeze87, I can't believe you filed almost a month before us and we are now at the same stage. 
Hope we all hear something soon! 

Yea i got delayed 3 weeks for an RFE on incorrect passport photo. It was by far the silliest thing i ever heard of. But i was glad it was that and not anything more extensive.

Thank you. everything will fall together soon. It is time @Catseal

5 minutes ago, gomeze87 said:

Yea i got delayed 3 weeks for an RFE on incorrect passport photo. It was by far the silliest thing i ever heard of. But i was glad it was that and not anything more extensive.

Thank you. everything will fall together soon. It is time @Catseal

Oh no, what a silly thing. That was actually what I was worried about, sad to hear it actually happened to someone. :/ But yeah, glad it was an easy fix for you!

It is time indeed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

So, I got a letter from NVC in the mail today. I don't know what it is as I'm not home and only know about the letter through informed delivery. Could be notification that NVC has sent my stuff on to the embassy? I don't know what other types of letters they send. Fingers crossed...

3 minutes ago, useful89 said:

So, I got a letter from NVC in the mail today. I don't know what it is as I'm not home and only know about the letter through informed delivery. Could be notification that NVC has sent my stuff on to the embassy? I don't know what other types of letters they send. Fingers crossed...

hope you got the letter you need to go to the next step!

i'm quite sad honestly, I was hoping my fiance would be coming here in September 2017 and its now January 2018 and we're still waiting for this process to play out. we got our NOA2, but this NVC phase has been unnecessarily painful as well.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

hope you got the letter you need to go to the next step!

i'm quite sad honestly, I was hoping my fiance would be coming here in September 2017 and its now January 2018 and we're still waiting for this process to play out. we got our NOA2, but this NVC phase has been unnecessarily painful as well.

Yeah it's just soul crushing at times... I hope your wait is over soon though!

I'm not overly familiar with stuff after the NOA2 though. Does NVC ever send a letter except to notify the petitioner that they received their petition? My NOA2 is December 8th...

2 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Yeah it's just soul crushing at times... I hope your wait is over soon though!

I'm not overly familiar with stuff after the NOA2 though. Does NVC ever send a letter except to notify the petitioner that they received their petition? My NOA2 is December 8th...

i've heard they do send a letter to the petitioner with the case number and stuff. although i would think if its going to a foreign embassy, it would go to the beneficiary.

Timeline
Just now, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

i've heard they do send a letter to the petitioner with the case number and stuff. although i would think if its going to a foreign embassy, it would go to the beneficiary.

That's what I'm hoping it is. Otherwise I don't know why they would be sending me a letter now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, useful89 said:

That's what I'm hoping it is. Otherwise I don't know why they would be sending me a letter now. 

That would be awesome if it's that notification letter! Maybe that would mean they're moving things on faster now.

Fingers crossed! Please please let us know right away what the letter says :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
1 minute ago, D and T said:

That would be awesome if it's that notification letter! Maybe that would mean they're moving things on faster now.

Fingers crossed! Please please let us know right away what the letter says :)

I will! I'm sitting at the airport now and will be able to check my mail in about ~5 hours. The suspense is killing me! Have you heard of them sending a letter for anything other than notice of I-129f receipt?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, useful89 said:

I will! I'm sitting at the airport now and will be able to check my mail in about ~5 hours. The suspense is killing me! Have you heard of them sending a letter for anything other than notice of I-129f receipt?

Nope!

The only thing I know of is the letter sent to notify that the case is received and ready at the embassy.

This is exciting but I'm afraid to get my hopes up :P  Safe travels and thank you for keeping us informed when you get home. :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.