AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 12/31/2017 at 4:32 AM, AZSunshine78 said:

Morning all,

Based on the number of folks we have on the NVC spreadsheet, are we getting a good number of cases being giving nvc case numbers?

@Shoegum thoughts on this?

I don’t think everyone on this website is adding their dates to that spreadsheet or updating it. Or maybe they’ve had a stall because of the New Years holiday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, TNJ17 said:

I don’t think everyone on this website is adding their dates to that spreadsheet or updating it. Or maybe they’ve had a stall because of the New Years holiday. 

Thanks.

Hoping to get to NVC by Jan 15th and keeping the faith.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 30 de diciembre de 2017 at 6:48 AM, Karim3_22 said:

Hi Guys,

in the form I134(Affidavit of support), it asks if we have submitted a visa petition to USCIS on behalf of someone... do we need to put the K1 beneficiary there( Fiance(e)) or this question is related to petitions we have submitted in the past not current one?

On the legal book/guide I have about fiancé and marriage visas they advise to put the current one with a notation by his/her name saying "subject of this affidavit". Although it might not be strictly necessary, that's what I'll do when the time comes.

3 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

On the legal book/guide I have about fiancé and marriage visas they advise to put the current one with a notation by his/her name saying "subject of this affidavit". Although it might not be strictly necessary, that's what I'll do when the time comes.

Thank you, I will call USCIS to ask about this! I will keep you posted 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Thanks.

Hoping to get to NVC by Jan 15th and keeping the faith.

Looks like 49-55 is the range. I assume the older dates with over 60 days are just not updated in the sheet. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, Karim3_22 said:

Screenshot.png.b5e6a4798c825c8df65261e47c0616b8.png

Hi,

With this I answered NONE because I thought you since the meant any other person aside your fiancé.

But please when you ask USCIS keep us updated. I will also ask someone that I know has gone through this before.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You guys need to read these questions better. If the question is have you ever submitted a petition to USCIS... During your K1 process, your US fiancé is the one who submits the petition to USCIS, not the beneficiary. The DS160 is filled out by the beneficiary, so even this current petition wasn’t submitted by you. Even if they meant to include the current one, which they don’t, they only mean past ones,  it wasn’t because it’s the petitioner who submits it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

... will someone direct me towards after embassy approval and AOS?

im completely confused about EAD and AOS... I thought they were now put together in the same application.

how long are we looking at before our other halves can work?

fiance doesn’t want to be a house husband🤣

32 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

... will someone direct me towards after embassy approval and AOS?

im completely confused about EAD and AOS... I thought they were now put together in the same application.

how long are we looking at before our other halves can work?

fiance doesn’t want to be a house husband🤣

You will file AOS, EAD and AP (Advance Parole) at the same. The estimated time for the EAD and AP is 3 to 4 months. He can file an expedited EAD application after he receives a job offer or due to financial issues. It would be better to file the expedite after he has the NOA1 and biometrics. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

We got approved nov.30 but till now we dont have our NVC number. My fiance just called uscis but they said they didnt send yet our papers to nvc.... Its so frustating

6 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

You guys need to read these questions better. If the question is have you ever submitted a petition to USCIS... During your K1 process, your US fiancé is the one who submits the petition to USCIS, not the beneficiary. The DS160 is filled out by the beneficiary, so even this current petition wasn’t submitted by you. Even if they meant to include the current one, which they don’t, they only mean past ones,  it wasn’t because it’s the petitioner who submits it. 

the question was for I134. the petitioner has to fill-out the form and it ask if you have submitted a visa petition to USCIS.

for the DS160 form it asks the beneficiary if anyone has ever submitted a petition to USCIS on her/his behalf.

7 hours ago, IfeOluwa said:

Hi,

With this I answered NONE because I thought you since the meant any other person aside your fiancé.

But please when you ask USCIS keep us updated. I will also ask someone that I know has gone through this before.

Thanks.

I called them, but they didn't help! I saw a YouTube video on how to complete the form and they added the name of the beneficiary. please let me know what your contact says! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.