Hi guys,

So I received this from NVC Research:

NVC Research

1:06 PM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Dear Sir/Madam:

We recently received your visa petition. We will send NVC processing instructions within 4 to 5 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you have not received any information after 5 weeks.

and I called them and they confirmed they just received my case this morning.

please try calling now guys, hopefully they have it.

####### 4-5 weeks for what? That makes no sense. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

####### 4-5 weeks for what? That makes no sense. 

Yeah I just ignored that, will call them later this evening or tomorrow morning to see if they have assigned a case number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
7 hours ago, kannan said:

Just checked my case status at NVC this morning and it says 'Ready'. #######? it said "at NVC" last night.

same here, yesterday in transit today its ready, what the hell? They probably used spaceship to mail it to Poland :D

4 hours ago, Marcelina said:

same here, yesterday in transit today its ready, what the hell? They probably used spaceship to mail it to Poland :D

When I checked the status of my case it said it is at NVC but there is a message underneath stating that I need to follow the instructions I received from NVC that lists the steps so NVC will schedule an appointment!

Does anyone see that message when they check their case status?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Karim3_22 said:

When I checked the status of my case it said it is at NVC but there is a message underneath stating that I need to follow the instructions I received from NVC that lists the steps so NVC will schedule an appointment!

Does anyone see that message when they check their case status?

Yup I had the same msg when status was at NVC, it will change while case is in transit or ready. It’s a standard msg they have for all immigrant visas, related to spouse visas cuz they are being processed by NVC. Petitioners are obligated to send extra documents and payments there to be able to schedule medicals etc for their spouses. Exepct preparing the petition to be send to embassy and sometimes some extra AP NVC doesn’t do much to K-1 visas. No need to worry :)

Edited by Marcelina

27 minutes ago, Marcelina said:

Yup I had the same msg when status was at NVC, it will change while case is in transit or ready. It’s a standard msg they have for all immigrant visas, related to spouse visas cuz they are being processed by NVC. Petitioners are obligated to send extra documents and payments there to be able to schedule medicals etc for their spouses. Exepct preparing the petition to be send to embassy and sometimes some extra AP NVC doesn’t do much to K-1 visas. No need to worry :)

Thank you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, IfeOluwa said:

Yeah I just ignored that, will call them later this evening or tomorrow morning to see if they have assigned a case number.

An update... I called last night at like 5:30pm EST after work and they’ve assigned a case number. 

Status still says “At NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m so happy for all who are getting through the NVC so quickly!

What a wonderful way to begin 2018!!

I’m noticing only three statuses when it comes to NVC

“arrived” = it’s at NVC

”ready” = scanned in and you should have your case number 

”in transit” = on its way to the embassy

Is this correct?

Just now, AZSunshine78 said:

I’m so happy for all who are getting through the NVC so quickly!

What a wonderful way to begin 2018!!

I’m noticing only three statuses when it comes to NVC

“arrived” = it’s at NVC

”ready” = scanned in and you should have your case number 

”in transit” = on its way to the embassy

Is this correct?

Almost, but not quite. I think these are the 4:

"At NVC"- it's at NVC

"in transit"- on its way to the embassy

"at embassy"- arrived at the embassy

"ready"- ready to schedule the interview/medical

Some people seem to skip "in transit" or "at embassy".and go straight from "at NVC" to "ready". It probably depends on your embassy specifically, so I'd look at other timelines from the UK to get an idea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.