AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Karim3_22 said:

Was your fiancé able to get the date when it was sent?

Yes, they said it was sent on the 19th, so I guess email was right!

We will see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

What a joke!!!!! We are over 6 weeks now so I copied our NOA2 approval, filled out the required information and emailed it off to the appropriate authorities. I also, used the NVC site to submit another query and "begged" that they don't send my the form letter they have sent me 3 times previously...I hope they would do something different now that we are over 6 weeks since NOA2 approval...HEE HEE....if you also look at that site, there is a drop down box to indicate what you would like answered, i.e., my first query was "Case Status." Well here is the fun part. there is also a drop down box for complaints/compliments of the staff/process at NVC...so I wrote them too. I explained we are over 6 weeks, worry about expiring, need an answer other than the standard form "if you have not reached 6 weeks.....blah, blah, blah." Guess what? Within 24 hours, I received a response for each query minus the one where I sent the NOA2 approval form for peeps over 6 weeks.....AND I GOT TWO OF THE SAME, STUPID, INSULTING FORM LETTERS REGARDING MY COMPLAIN AND CASE STATUS. Sorry for yelling :) I think a computer just pushes those letters out to shut us up...So frustrating but I am also amused. I am cursing now HEE HEE....wish I could write it out...frick, flam, shucks, poop, etc.

It's not NVC's fault, if USCIS has not sent it. Did you check with USCIS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kannan said:

It's not NVC's fault, if USCIS has not sent it. Did you check with USCIS?

The whole system is at fault....and when they have "fixes" like avenues to make an inquiry or complaint, they just send a form letter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know they have "millions" of cases to go through, but we all paid enough, and deserve to have an update at least. I cannot waste anymore time on the phone with USCIS only to be told...ahhhhh, I don't know, wait 6 more weeks. AND, I thought waiting for NOA2 was stressful....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, pmeyer1229 said:

The whole system is at fault....and when they have "fixes" like avenues to make an inquiry or complaint, they just send a form letter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know they have "millions" of cases to go through, but we all paid enough, and deserve to have an update at least. I cannot waste anymore time on the phone with USCIS only to be told...ahhhhh, I don't know, wait 6 more weeks. AND, I thought waiting for NOA2 was stressful....

It took 50 days for mine to reach NVC. USCIS officer told me that it was sent on Dec 14 and it reached NVC on Dec 20. So, I would advice you to call USCIS today and find out the status. I called first and spent 15 minutes and then got a callback after 2 hours from Tier2 officer and that took 5 minutes. This will give better information, instead of calling NVC and getting same standard answer.

it's possible yours is either just sent or will be sent next week from USCIS, which means it will be another 5-15 days to reach NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/21/2017 at 12:11 PM, Shoegum said:

Congrats! Your the 3rd to report today :)

All don't forget to enter your data in the NOA2 to NVC time tracker spreadsheet.

Link to spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

NVC Received by Date Count
10/19/2017 1
10/20/2017 1
11/13/2017 1
11/14/2017 4
11/16/2017 1
11/17/2017 2
11/20/2017 1
11/21/2017 1
11/22/2017 1
11/27/2017 6
11/30/2017 1
12/6/2017 1
12/8/2017 6
12/11/2017 1
12/13/2017 1
12/14/2017 1
12/15/2017 1
12/18/2017 3
12/19/2017 1
12/20/2017 12
12/21/2017 3
Grand Total 50

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We called yeserday. 1 day + 6 weeks after NO2. We told them the case is out of normal processing, but they said, now it takes 6 weeks to receive the file, and 2 weeks to show up in the system. Therefore, normal processing time from No2 to showing up in the system is now 8 weeks.

14 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

We called yeserday. 1 day + 6 weeks after NO2. We told them the case is out of normal processing, but they said, now it takes 6 weeks to receive the file, and 2 weeks to show up in the system. Therefore, normal processing time from No2 to showing up in the system is now 8 weeks.

I think you are in the wrong forum. You are applying for the F2A Family Based Immigrant Visa, this thread is for K1 Fiance Visa (Non-Immigrant Visa). Different visas with different procedures. 

Edited by msscarlette

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, msscarlette said:

I think you are in the wrong forum. You are applying for the F2A Family Based Immigrant Visa, this thread is for K1 Fiance Visa (Non-Immigrant Visa). Different visas with different procedures. 

I dont think the length of wait from No2 to NVC case has to do with the visa type. The person on the phone did not say it was different by any time just this is the rule.

32 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

I dont think the length of wait from No2 to NVC case has to do with the visa type. The person on the phone did not say it was different by any time just this is the rule.

Your visa type is somewhat like CR-1/IR-1 (spousal visa), it is handled differently at the NVC

Edited by msscarlette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/22/2017 at 4:49 PM, kannan said:

It took 50 days for mine to reach NVC. USCIS officer told me that it was sent on Dec 14 and it reached NVC on Dec 20. So, I would advice you to call USCIS today and find out the status. I called first and spent 15 minutes and then got a callback after 2 hours from Tier2 officer and that took 5 minutes. This will give better information, instead of calling NVC and getting same standard answer.

it's possible yours is either just sent or will be sent next week from USCIS, which means it will be another 5-15 days to reach NVC.

Did you mean 5 days because it says sent and received just 5 days apart in December...?

nevermind. I see the time accounted for includes from NIA2 Approval to it actually being sent.

May I ask you a question though please?

Does your Noa2 copy state that it has been sent to the NVC?

Thats what mine says but I’m hearing a lot that they ship in batches so I don’t believe it’s actually been sent.

thank you 

Edited by AZSunshine78

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.