AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, IfeOluwa said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank God. This is a good sign, hopefully before Christmas most of us would have received good news from NVC. I noticed based on @shoegum spreadsheet, you sent an email to NVC research did they ever get back to you?

They got back to me yesterday and said "unfortunately we have no record of your case", and I didn't get an email update from them today that they received it. I only found out by calling. They didn't have it this morning but by this afternoon they received it.

Lol guys I'm trying not to let it rain on my parade but I got a pretty annoying reply from my congressman's office just now. She emailed me at 3 pm and said "the NVC does not have a record of your case", but in the email response she received from NVC they had my fiance's name completely wrong with his last name as his first name, and my last name as his last name <_<, so I ignored that and just replied to her that I just found out from NVC that they did in fact receive my case, and that now I'm just waiting for a case number, and she said this: 

"Allow me to caution you about contacting DHS too many times. When inquiries come in they have to pause processing, review the case and provide a reply. This delays the processing time. I know you are anxious but calling daily or multiple times a day and checking the on line status that is often not updated is frustrating to you as the petitioner. This is a lengthy process and you have to allow the system to work. When things have gone extraordinarily over time is when I would suggest you should try to get case updates. At this point I would suggest that you wait at least 30 working days for the office NVC to assign your case and the agent to actually process your case. If you do not hear back in that time feel free to contact me.  Also be advised, we are in the holiday season and the center will be closed several calendar days.  "

Note that she said DHS?! I'm like LOL well NVC isn't part of DHS so....... Also do NOT lecture me about this being a "lengthy process" and suggest that things haven't yet gone "extraordinarily over time". Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on out so I don't have to talk to her again. 

8 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

They got back to me yesterday and said "unfortunately we have no record of your case", and I didn't get an email update from them today that they received it. I only found out by calling. They didn't have it this morning but by this afternoon they received it.

Lol guys I'm trying not to let it rain on my parade but I got a pretty annoying reply from my congressman's office just now. She emailed me at 3 pm and said "the NVC does not have a record of your case", but in the email response she received from NVC they had my fiance's name completely wrong with his last name as his first name, and my last name as his last name <_<, so I ignored that and just replied to her that I just found out from NVC that they did in fact receive my case, and that now I'm just waiting for a case number, and she said this: 

"Allow me to caution you about contacting DHS too many times. When inquiries come in they have to pause processing, review the case and provide a reply. This delays the processing time. I know you are anxious but calling daily or multiple times a day and checking the on line status that is often not updated is frustrating to you as the petitioner. This is a lengthy process and you have to allow the system to work. When things have gone extraordinarily over time is when I would suggest you should try to get case updates. At this point I would suggest that you wait at least 30 working days for the office NVC to assign your case and the agent to actually process your case. If you do not hear back in that time feel free to contact me.  Also be advised, we are in the holiday season and the center will be closed several calendar days.  "

Note that she said DHS?! I'm like LOL well NVC isn't part of DHS so....... Also do NOT lecture me about this being a "lengthy process" and suggest that things haven't yet gone "extraordinarily over time". Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on out so I don't have to talk to her again. 

did you submit inquiries to the USCIS? when calling usually they can't see if it was sent unless they submit an inquiry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
23 hours ago, Naini said:

I called USCIS today and the tier 2 officer has confirmed that my case was sent to NVC las Friday, December 15. I have ISCIS approval date of November 1st. 

I will call them after two weeks to get my case number. 

Also, I emailed USCIS today and got a response today. I provided my ticket number and all other information and confirmed the same information.

the tier2 Immigration Officer I spoke with today was really helpful. He was the one who told me to email as well.

hanging in there. The early November approvals will get there soon! 

What email did you use to contact USCIS and what exactly did you ask if you don’t mind me asking?

Just now, TNJ17 said:

Finally November people are getting case numbers. Does anyone remember a list of how to contact congressmen someone posted somewhere in this forum a while ago?

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

You have to find out who your rep is first, and then go to their website. Once their on their website, they usually have a section called "help with a government/federal agency". Click on this, and then follow the instructions to submit a request. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.