AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

@kannan someone just commented on a post I put in the VJ Facebook group and said that they just received their case number from NVC a few minutes ago, and their NOA2 is also Oct. 31... I'm wondering if hers was in an earlier shipment than ours though... which is so weird since she has the same date as yours and the same week as mine.

5 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

@kannan someone just commented on a post I put in the VJ Facebook group and said that they just received their case number from NVC a few minutes ago, and their NOA2 is also Oct. 31... I'm wondering if hers was in an earlier shipment than ours though... which is so weird since she has the same date as yours and the same week as mine.

Just spoke with USCIS, and I was told my application hasn't been sent to the NVC yet. approval date 11/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

Just spoke with USCIS, and I was told my application hasn't been sent to the NVC yet. approval date 11/07

But they told my fiance ours was sent to NVC and it was approved 11/7 too!!??!?!?!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

I have no idea what's going on. when did they send it?

My fiance forgot to ask when. I just asked him to call again to figure out if they told him the truth last time...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called USCIS today and the tier 2 officer has confirmed that my case was sent to NVC las Friday, December 15. I have ISCIS approval date of November 1st. 

I will call them after two weeks to get my case number. 

Also, I emailed USCIS today and got a response today. I provided my ticket number and all other information and confirmed the same information.

the tier2 Immigration Officer I spoke with today was really helpful. He was the one who told me to email as well.

hanging in there. The early November approvals will get there soon! 

3 minutes ago, Naini said:

I called USCIS today and the tier 2 officer has confirmed that my case was sent to NVC las Friday, December 15. I have ISCIS approval date of November 1st. 

I will call them after two weeks to get my case number. 

Also, I emailed USCIS today and got a response today. I provided my ticket number and all other information and confirmed the same information.

the tier2 Immigration Officer I spoke with today was really helpful. He was the one who told me to email as well.

hanging in there. The early November approvals will get there soon! 

Can you share the email address please?

what did you ask them? ( if your application was sent?)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

Just ask him to call tomorrow morning. they say that when you call late in the day and they are busy (can't transfer you directly)

Ok, thanks! He will call again tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

USCIS just told my fiance it will take up to 3 days to get a call back from a tier2???

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL????

when I called I didnt have to ask them to transfer me to tier 2. I asked them to check the status - if it's been transferred/mailed to NVC. the rep couldnt find the status, so, she automatically transferred to tier 2.

Guys I kind of doubt anyone knows the answer to this, but it's worth a shot. We saw a lot of the same NOA2 dates (mostly Oct 27-31) receive case numbers from NVC at very different times. Since these were all approved in the same range of 5 days, I'm wondering if they were all shipped at the same time, and it took NVC 2 weeks or so to process all of them, so that's why there's up to a 2 week or so difference in when people got the NVC number... 

The other possibility is that they were not mailed at the same time, and that's why there's a difference in NVC received date... I'm definitely overthinking this but I'm so tired of hearing "No, we don't have your case. Just wait to hear something from us". Just trying to predict the unpredictable... when will I get my case number! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hit 6 weeks tomorrow from NOA2 approval. Does it even help to scan the 179 form and do all the c*ap they ask to investigate? I took a break from VJ for a week due to anxiety.

4 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Hit 6 weeks tomorrow from NOA2 approval. Does it even help to scan the 179 form and do all the c*ap they ask to investigate? I took a break from VJ for a week due to anxiety.

I'm at that point too... not sure if a break is what I need or not. 

I scanned and emailed mine already. Week 7 for me. Not sure if it helps or not, but at least now they have documentation that you inquired about it. But essentially I think it's just like it will get there when it gets there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.