AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 2/10/2018 at 6:55 PM, Cm6307 said:

Just realized that my NOA2 is gonna expire on March 20th. Does anybody know what the procedure is if I'm unable to get my interview before then? 

At the Sydney consulate, they ask you to bring a revalidation letter which covers the situation where the NOA2 expires. This is asked for in the packet 3 we received and is required to be brought to the interview whether the NOA2 has expired or not (just in case, I guess?). Here's the text from the packet 3 email...

Revalidation Letter: Copy only: Your I-129F petition may expire by the time you attend your final visa interview. To revalidate your petition, please have your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) provide you with a letter requesting that your petition be extended to a further 4 months from the approval date of the I-129F petition. This letter must be dated and signed by your fiancé(e) The letter from your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) should state their intention to still marry you within 90 days of your arrival into the U.S. with the K-1 visa and that you both are still free to marry.

I don't know if it's the same for all consulates and it may be worthwhile giving them a call and asking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, D and T said:

Same here, still last update as of Feb. 2.  

Same, status hasn't changed.  I submitted p3 anyway, but will probably get the letter saying not to yet.  Oh well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance just got the email from the consulate for me to submit P3. I just resubmitted mine. I always seem to get an update between 3 and 4pm. Seems like that's when they process K1s. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cm6307 said:

My fiance just got the email from the consulate for me to submit P3. I just resubmitted mine. I always seem to get an update between 3 and 4pm. Seems like that's when they process K1s. 

Awesome! Now that you mention it, that's when they sent the same email to my fiance. Right around 3:30.

But I still I haven't heard anything back from submitting my P3 on Friday. It's already mid-month, pretty much. Here's hoping for P4 tomorrow.

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Good morning... a lil update over here...

I just picked up my results.

Next week is the interview date.

I hope everyone is ok

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good morning (well from california that is) We got out first interview letter for thailand for Feb 20th, but due to my fiancé being pregnant and giving birth on March 5th we could not fly to bangkok. Adding to this out NOA2 expires on March 12th so we were a bit worried. After several emails and phone calls requesting a interview date change and what to do about the NOA2 expiring we got an email with a new interview date but not a single word about the NOA2 issue. So being so nervous and cautious about having to start all over or some error on our part for now following up on NOA2 expiration we called and emailed many more times and finally got a reply that said -

"

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your email.  You no longer need to request to update your NOA2 at this stage as you are now in the pre-interview stage.

We have rescheduled a fiancé(e) visa interview appointment for you on 21-MAR-2018 at 07:00. Please make sure that you are present at the Embassy for the interview on the appointed date and time with all necessary documents.

Please follow the fiancé(e) appointment packet 4 as described in the following link: Packet 4 Appointment Packet for K Visas (English | Thai). Please note that you do not need to obtain the documents that you have already submitted in Packet 3 stage. The list of document in Packet 4 is only a reminder.

Please pay close attention to the Instructions for Medical Examination and evidence of relationship. Submission of incomplete documents will delay your visa processing. Upon arrival at the Embassy, the applicant MUST present this e-mail to the receptionist and proceed to Window number 1. If the applicant cannot keep the appointment, please notify the Embassy at visasbkkiv@state.gov as soon as possible.

It might be helpful to remind you that missing documents could delay the process of your visa. Kindly ensure that all required documents are brought along on the interview date.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Not sure if this helps others but i thought i did see a question about NOA2 expiring as well but i can't find it right now. I hope this information helps other out as well. This is a long process and sometimes frustrating process but for us its finally almost over, well this part. Then there is AOS and removal of conditions and then citizenship :-) but we will take our first victory and prepare for our next round of government hoops later.

-Jerry and Punlapa

6 minutes ago, Cm6307 said:

Just got P4 and scheduled interview for March 7th (the first available one). 

That is great news!! How long did you wait for P3 and P4? 

Also, update your timeline (Please) :)

Edited by deepakchani

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cm6307 said:

Just got P4 and scheduled interview for March 7th (the first available one). 

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!! We were just wondering that (when the first one is available) but it looks like it's like 3 weeks out for everyone (kind of how its been the last month or so).

Haven't heard a peep from Montreal on our end...CEAC still shows last updated Feb 2nd -_-

3 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!! We were just wondering that (when the first one is available) but it looks like it's like 3 weeks out for everyone (kind of how its been the last month or so).

Haven't heard a peep from Montreal on our end...CEAC still shows last updated Feb 2nd -_-

This may sound like a dumb question but is the CEAC tracker the same thing as the NVC Tracker? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

This may sound like a dumb question but is the CEAC tracker the same thing as the NVC Tracker? 

Yes I think so :) It's the CEAC Department of State site where you enter your case # and it will say "At NVC", "In Transit", "Ready", etc. 

2 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Yes I think so :) It's the CEAC Department of State site where you enter your case # and it will say "At NVC", "In Transit", "Ready", etc. 

:) Thank you! Based on everyone's comments here, For the montreal consulate, it sounds like P3 should be submitted when CEAC says "ready". Correct? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, deepakchani said:

That is great news!! How long did you wait for P3 and P4? 

Also, update your timeline (Please) :)

P3 took a little over a week after the status changed to Ready and P4 came the day after I sent P3. My timeline should be up to date. 

Edited by Cm6307

Timeline
1 hour ago, aviator99 said:

Aww man I thought yours would have updated too. Well check your email around 4PM, that seems to be the magic time where they update our cases. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, deepakchani said:

:) Thank you! Based on everyone's comments here, For the montreal consulate, it sounds like P3 should be submitted when CEAC says "ready". Correct? 

They wouldn't accept my P3 when I sent it as soon as it turned Ready. I had to wait til the "Last Updated" date changed again and that's when my fiance got the email. Doesn't hurt to try though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.