nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zeebot9 said:

Can someone please enlighten me as to how these things are processed? I thought it was done by date but its obviously not? What makes someones get processed earlier or later than others? Its so painful watching people who applied a month after us getting approved before us. Obviously I'm happy people are getting approved but I don't understand why they are and we haven't.

Hang in there Zeebot9. Nebraska will update their website soon and when they do hopefully they will be processing March filers, so hang in there as your time will come..

This process isn’t easy and there’s no order in how processing of apps are done, as Uscis has their methods and all we can do is be patient.. Keep yourself busy and loose your stress.. 

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between December 27, 2017 and January 9, 2018*. 

I know is just an approximation, but is so disappointing to pass the VJ estimated timeline...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between December 27, 2017 and January 9, 2018*. 

I know is just an approximation, but is so disappointing to pass the VJ estimated timeline...

you can always call the customer service number ask for Tier 2 and then request a status update, it might take a few weeks, but at least you will know if your case is still pending an officer or not.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Why all other centers are processing either the end of june or beginning of july, but nebraska is processing april 3rd??? i mean why is there such big gap and what is being done to bridge it? 

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Why all other centers are processing either the end of june or beginning of july, but nebraska is processing april 3rd??? i mean why is there such big gap and what is being done to bridge it? 

NSC is the only service center that processes ALL type of visas where the other service centers has a limited number they process. Texas and Potamic mainly from my understanding process I-130 for USC, how those sent to certain lockboxes get the lucky draw of NSC over the other two is anybody guess.

Timeline

It just sucks to overburden one center to the point they are 3 months behind from other centers.......they need to distribute the workload evenly to be fair to both, the employees and applicants. 

Edited by MyJourney

Timeline
2 hours ago, MyJourney said:

It just sucks to overburden one center to the point they are 3 months behind from other centers.......they need to distribute the workload evenly to be fair to both, the employees and applicants. 

I know it sucks, and worst part is some of those on this threat who were recently given their approval have had to wait over a year to get it. We are all in for a long process but will make all things worth it in the end.

Keep your head up, keep smiling...do not let hellbraska get to you.

3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

you can always call the customer service number ask for Tier 2 and then request a status update, it might take a few weeks, but at least you will know if your case is still pending an officer or not.

My husband did, he received that generic answer that most of users in here know :(

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ASMS said:

My husband did, he received that generic answer that most of users in here know :(

awww, the your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer if you haven't heard anything in 60 days to call at the number below, however there is no number below.

Sorry :( 

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ASMS said:

I just received an approval email from a service request 2 weeks past since I spoke with a tier 2 representive 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

NSC is the only service center that processes ALL type of visas where the other service centers has a limited number they process. Texas and Potamic mainly from my understanding process I-130 for USC, how those sent to certain lockboxes get the lucky draw of NSC over the other two is anybody guess.

Thank you! You seem to be knowledgeable, do you know what useful things we can prepare while we wait? I know there are a bunch of other forms that are needed to be filled out after you get your second notice. 
Is it too early to start getting police certificates and such? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Thank you! You seem to be knowledgeable, do you know what useful things we can prepare while we wait? I know there are a bunch of other forms that are needed to be filled out after you get your second notice. 
Is it too early to start getting police certificates and such? 

depending on your country from what I understand the police certificates are good for 6 months to a Year, however I wouldn't get it until the case gets to NVC, and there really isn't much else you can do but wait, you can start gathering all the evidence together for proof of marriage, there isn't any forms you can do ahead of time. You can't do the Medical exam until you get the list of approved places to have it preformed at. So really just try and be patient, I know its hard. I would make sure you have all your W2 for the last at least 2-3 years in one place, and get the Tax returns for the last 2-3 years together really just getting papers you think you will need together is all you can do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, ASMS said:

ASMS, until Nebraska does a update that shows processing cases as of Your PD date or after your PD date it’s almost useless to call uscis as the response will be you are not out of your processing time. It’s taking Nebraska almost 1 year to do approvals now and can take longer if hit with a REF or any number of other reasons. 

Trust me I waited 6 days shy of 1 year for my approval and it’s tear jerking experience... I just keep it real with everyone who ask as it’s not easy waiting but honestly that’s all you can do...

Hang in there!!!

34 minutes ago, Sundee said:

ASMS, until Nebraska does a update that shows processing cases as of Your PD date or after your PD date it’s almost useless to call uscis as the response will be you are not out of your processing time. It’s taking Nebraska almost 1 year to do approvals now and can take longer if hit with a REF or any number of other reasons. 

Trust me I waited 6 days shy of 1 year for my approval and it’s tear jerking experience... I just keep it real with everyone who ask as it’s not easy waiting but honestly that’s all you can do...

Hang in there!!!

Thank you sundee.

Yes, I'm aware of that, MY husband called only once recently. I know what you mean, I know many people wait a year or sometimes more before receiving a result from USCIS. However, since July my VJ timeline was always way ahead of the current date, now it's just behind. I saw so many April approvals than I was pretty sure I was going to have mine before the end of January. I don't think anymore that will happen. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not anymore positive about anything related with this process. It's been one of my biggest deceptions in life.

Been trying since June 2017 to stay in Venezuela so I get to finish everything in here without having to complicate things by living in another country and avoid this crisis. Now my family is leaving, which just makes me feel more desperate.

2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

awww, the your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer if you haven't heard anything in 60 days to call at the number below, however there is no number below.

Sorry :( 

Thank you khallaf, waiting is the only option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.