nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, 9876 said:

How long does it take for approval after request for additional evidence?

It can take anywhere from 30-60 days but lately I have seen it's taking lot less then that ,. Maybe 15-30 days  for some people 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello friends

Happy to have you guys here,I'm June 9 filer,have been waiting 217days from nebraska,advice pls can I call USCIS on behave of my wife,to know what is going on with our case?

6 minutes ago, Vetomo said:

Hello friends

Happy to have you guys here,I'm June 9 filer,have been waiting 217days from nebraska,advice pls can I call USCIS on behave of my wife,to know what is going on with our case?

You can call but because you're within processing time they won't be able to tell you much. Typically they don't get very helpful until their website has a date they're working on that's past yours. You can try a congressman/senator but realistically they will probably tell you the same. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JustinS said:

You can call but because you're within processing time they won't be able to tell you much. Typically they don't get very helpful until their website has a date they're working on that's past yours. You can try a congressman/senator but realistically they will probably tell you the same. 

I just finished talking to them,they told me that I shld let my wife to contact them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

good news, 

got the Mail today  that my I-130 is approved  , now its official, haha :);)

PD : April 3rd, 

Approval Date : January 4th 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
18 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

good news, 

That is fantastic news! Wooohooo! Time to party all the way to NVC lol Congratulations once more. <3 

Question: I’ve waited (a mere) four months in Nebraska with our I-130 pending for my UK husband (living in UK) to come to the US to be with me. Wondered what the group thinks about this idea—for me to apply for and obtain a UK settlement visa for myself and file another I-130 DCF with the American Embassy in London. I would need to fly to the UK to file, I think, and show that it’s my home center, but there is no requirement for length of residency in the UK before DCF filing. Any thoughts? It’s certainly a much more expensive route because of the cost of the UK settlement visa and new filing fee for the I-130, but it might only take four to five months to complete processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Crysta said:

PD: DEC 30, 2016 - I have FINALLY received my official APPROVAL LETTER for my I-130 today in the mail WOOHOO! Approval Date: January 5th. Goooodbye Hellbraska!

It feels so good and unbelievable to have that  letter in your hands!  I just received notification they sent my case to the dept of state today.  So far things are moving at a good speed.  good luck to you on the better half of this journey!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

good news, 

Best piece of mail to receive!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

good news, 

Congrats! Funny how you were giving me hope yet we had our acceptance one after the other. PD 05/03/17 NOA2 01/02/18.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, BamaCariad said:

Question: I’ve waited (a mere) four months in Nebraska with our I-130 pending for my UK husband (living in UK) to come to the US to be with me. Wondered what the group thinks about this idea—for me to apply for and obtain a UK settlement visa for myself and file another I-130 DCF with the American Embassy in London. I would need to fly to the UK to file, I think, and show that it’s my home center, but there is no requirement for length of residency in the UK before DCF filing. Any thoughts? It’s certainly a much more expensive route because of the cost of the UK settlement visa and new filing fee for the I-130, but it might only take four to five months to complete processing. 

Anything is worth trying

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, BamaCariad said:

If you have already waited 4 months then Nebraska is taking approx 9 months to approve.  I don't think you should spend so much for the same 4-5 months more. Btw we are in UK too and things take long here too when it comes to settlement visa etc.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:35 AM, MrsKhan said:

If you have already waited 4 months then Nebraska is taking approx 9 months to approve.  I don't think you should spend so much for the same 4-5 months more. Btw we are in UK too and things take long here too when it comes to settlement visa etc.

I hear what you’re saying, but I think DCF is going to blow Nebraska out of the water time-wise, even with a 6-week UK Settlement Visa filed ahead of a new DCF I-130. We completed the application today for the UK Settlement Visa. My biometrics appointment is Thursday in the US. Mailing the application, appendix 2, and supporting docs hopefully will happen this Friday. Then, we wait. After I’m approved, my Biometrics Residence Permit Card will be waiting for me at my husband’s closest UK post office, which is what I need to file the I-130 DCF. Processing times for London I-130 DCF are about one month. Then, it goes so fast people say they don’t have time to get the supporting docs mailed in before interviews. This might be a costly mistake ($2,500), but my gut tells me that if Nebraska is working on April and May now, then I’m about four months out from approval; after that, then I’d be waiting for a case number, then waiting two months at the NVC, then waiting for docs shipment to London for husband’s interview... then things would speed up. I hate that I didn’t explore this option sooner, but I just didn’t know it was possible. I’m a lawyer and spoke with several attorneys who never mentioned the UK Settlement Visa/I-130 DCF option. Really kicking myself. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.