nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Crysta said:

UPDATE: This morning I received 4 text messages and an email that my I-129F has been closed and benefits have been received by other means.

I am beyond happy and grateful!! :jest::jest: Now currently waiting for an update on my I-130.

@Alexis9294 I am a DEC 2016 filer. Although I just received that notification, I am still stuck in Hellbraska till my actual approval comes through. So far there are three known DEC 2016 filers in this forum including myself. We will all get out of this place eventually! 

Congratulations Crystal. I guess I'm the only one left from Dec 2016 to hear anything. What can be harder and hurt more than this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Congratulations Crystal. I guess I'm the only one left from Dec 2016 to hear anything. What can be harder and hurt more than this. 

Oladipo.  You aren't the only Dec 2016 left.  I am in December too.  i feel in the end i will be the last one left waiting for approval.  I think yours is coming soon.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steph&Bobo said:

Oladipo.  You aren't the only Dec 2016 left.  I am in December too.  i feel in the end i will be the last one left waiting for approval.  I think yours is coming soon.  

Oladipo, I looked at your profile and I see why you haven’t received a RFE or approval. Your 1-130 was sent in then a 1-129f (K3) and the 1-129f was dated as 2/27/2017 so that is what is holding you up because Nebraska is working on cases up to Feb14, 2017. A lot of us including my lawyer sent in the 1-129f thinking it was Best But in reality it held all of us up who submitted that in. Honestly the K3 is very rarely granted and I wish uscis would remove that option from their web site as it is very deceiving and it really only applies to fiancé s...

Im sure by the time the web site is updated again, you will get approval. I know it’s painful but hang in there as it’s on the way....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Oladipo, I looked at your profile and I see why you haven’t received a RFE or approval. Your 1-130 was sent in then a 1-129f (K3) and the 1-129f was dated as 2/27/2017 so that is what is holding you up because Nebraska is working on cases up to Feb14, 2017. A lot of us including my lawyer sent in the 1-129f thinking it was Best But in reality it held all of us up who submitted that in. Honestly the K3 is very rarely granted and I wish uscis would remove that option from their web site as it is very deceiving and it really only applies to fiancé s...

Im sure by the time the web site is updated again, you will get approval. I know it’s painful but hang in there as it’s on the way....

Our I-130 PD is Dec 13th 2016 and 129f March 2nd 2017. So does this mean I will have to wait till they re working on  March cases? Gosh!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Our I-130 PD is Dec 13th 2016 and 129f March 2nd 2017. So does this mean I will have to wait till they re working on  March cases? Gosh!!!

Hope you don’t have to wait that long but one never knows when it comes to uscis.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 1/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, Sundee said:

you mean to tell me that someone who files an I-129F along with the I-130 its putting them to process slower?

I didn't file an I-129F with my papers from what I heard it was also a waste of time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 1/5/2018 at 8:34 AM, Nilsa Anil said:

My attorney called them and he was told that I should hear from the by or before January 12...so I’m hoping for a good response. Can I ask the reason for the expedite? And how did you put in the request?

I have my fingers crossed that you hear something soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BCtosunshine said:

Our case was sent to DOS on Jan 5. When should I call NVC

Way too early. Give it about a week to call and check if  NVC has received the case. 

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Timeline
10 hours ago, Khallaf said:

you mean to tell me that someone who files an I-129F along with the I-130 its putting them to process slower?

I didn't file an I-129F with my papers from what I heard it was also a waste of time

This is just my perception but it appears to be the case

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well guys. Woke up this morning, checked my USCIS app and low and behold...our I-129F (K3) was updated to "case closed, benefits received by other means"!!!! I know that this means our I-130 has been/will be approved so I am jumping for joy. It's been one year, one month, and 3 days since we filed (PD Dec 6) which is absolutely ridiculous. (Ironically, today marks exactly one year since we filed the I-129F). I'm just glad that we can finally move forward, onto the next phase of this horrible process. For those of you from Dec that are still waiting, hang in there. Yours should be coming any day now. 

@MyJourney we submitted both the passport photos and the dissolution of marriage with our initial petition. But apparently the passport photos were not done correctly and they needed a certified copy of the dissolution of marriage (which I thought is what we submitted). 

Edited by Alexis9294

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.