nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, harsh2010 said:

You are almost there , hopefully towards end of this month or next month you'll get your approval 🙏🙏

I heard when you do expedite request at NVC they forward that to us embassy where your interview will be and they make the decision on the request to approve or deny 

Is that true ??

I have no idea what happens if you ask for expedite at the NVC stage, I don't know who approves it or denies it at that point.

Timeline

It appears as May filers are now getting RFE letters, so they are moving ever so slowly forward, praying for December filers, and all those left over from the previous months.

Good luck to all :jest:

Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 1:02 AM, estadia said:

Same PD May 22nd I'm at 225 days hope to hear something in February!

Keep your head up dear they are starting to touch May cases someone at the start of May got a RFE, not good but that means they are starting to at least hopefully touch May.

47 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I have no idea what happens if you ask for expedite at the NVC stage, I don't know who approves it or denies it at that point.

Is possible to expedited during the NVC stage, and I'm hoping to get it approved on that stage. I live in Venezuela and additional to the expedited request inside of our file (I-130), we made another request in August based on humanitarian reasons. However, we received a generic answer after 7 days, stating they were not able to process my request. They didn't even gave us the option to send all the evidence we had of how dangerous is the situation in here besides the economic crisis.

My lawyer warned to my husband, that the problem with expedites requests at NVC stage, is that once they are approved, they send all the documentation to the embassy, so everything will depend on the Consular officer. It means that for certain countries this is very very tricky, since certain embassies (Nigeria, Ghana, Morocco...) work with "hostility", and it means USCIS or NVC won't have the same supervision over those cases.

My PD is April 3th, I'm happy to see people getting approved, but at the same time feel bad for those left behind, I don't know if I will be one of them. 

When all this started I was pretty exited and positive, I was actually the one the created the group of April fillers... after 5 months I lost all my positive thoughts, all my hope and my depression is just progressing. Being dealing with the situation in Venezuela just makes everything worst, since my husband can't visit me in here and I have over 4 months since I saw him for the last time, I miss him.

In April of 2017 we were talking about how exited we will be when we have to buy my ticket to the US. Now, with how hard is to find international/national flights, we are talking about me having to walk for over a week to reach the border to Colombia and being able to flight to the U.S.

I'm sorry for the long post.

Good luck to everyone

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Is possible to expedited during the NVC stage, and I'm hoping to get it approved on that stage. I live in Venezuela and additional to the expedited request inside of our file (I-130), we made another request in August based on humanitarian reasons. However, we received a generic answer after 7 days, stating they were not able to process my request. They didn't even gave us the option to send all the evidence we had of how dangerous is the situation in here besides the economic crisis.

My lawyer warned to my husband, that the problem with expedites requests at NVC stage, is that once they are approved, they send all the documentation to the embassy, so everything will depend on the Consular officer. It means that for certain countries this is very very tricky, since certain embassies (Nigeria, Ghana, Morocco...) work with "hostility", and it means USCIS or NVC won't have the same supervision over those cases.

My PD is April 3th, I'm happy to see people getting approved, but at the same time feel bad for those left behind, I don't know if I will be one of them. 

When all this started I was pretty exited and positive, I was actually the one the created the group of April fillers... after 5 months I lost all my positive thoughts, all my hope and my depression is just progressing. Being dealing with the situation in Venezuela just makes everything worst, since my husband can't visit me in here and I have over 4 months since I saw him for the last time, I miss him.

In April of 2017 we were talking about how exited we will be when we have to buy my ticket to the US. Now, with how hard is to find international/national flights, we are talking about me having to walk for over a week to reach the border to Colombia and being able to flight to the U.S.

Good luck to everyone

I wish everyone luck, as from what I heard they look harder at the undeveloped countries as they consider them to be higher fraud countries. I didn't know we would be in for such a long haul, just keep our head up and keep pushing forward, I also feel so bad for those waiting now a year plus for approval but they have to be coming soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Good luck to everyone

So are you saying it’s not good to request expedite at NVC stage? My husband is from a high fraud county ( Ghana) and I’m requesting expedite, so hope I’m not making a mistake by doing that but once your file leaves NVC there’s no option after that to request it... 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sundee said:

So are you saying it’s not good to request expedite at NVC stage? My husband is from a high fraud county ( Ghana) and I’m requesting expedite, so hope I’m not making a mistake by doing that but once your file leaves NVC there’s no option after that to request it... 

here are the reason for Expedite that the NVC accepts:

There is no government list of reasons specifically to approve a NVC expedite request.  However, we share some reasons for NVC expedite approval that we have seen including:

• Health of the Petitioner including that of life or death.
  • Need of the beneficiary to care for the Petitioner if he or she is sick or having an operation.
  • Pregnancy of the beneficiary nearing its term.
  • Financial hardship.
  • Major delays in the visa application at the fault of NVC.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child is near to approaching age 21 soon.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child’s school is about to start or has already began.
  • Other reasons that have a hardship base.

Again, NVC expedite request approvals are on a case by case basis. Also, a consular officer at your spouse’s embassy reviews and determines independently whether to accept the request.  In addition, one embassy may be more lenient than another. Therefore, do not take the reasons about as cast in stone acceptable reasons. In fact, they are just reasons that we have seen before in other cases.

Once NVC sends the request to the embassy, they await the desicion. After NVC recieves, the desicion from a consular officer at the embassy, NVC informs you if your NVC expedite requests is approved or denied.

19 minutes ago, Cewseww6 said:

280 days and counting...

Keep your head up any day it will happen :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Crysta said:

I'm so sorry you have yet to receive an answer yet. There is still 10 more days till the 60 days they asked you to allow them and I PRAY you will get an approval before or even ON that date (preferably BEFORE). I was told to allow 60 days as well (ending Jan 28th) due to additional reviews. It does get very discouraging but sooner or later they're gonna have to let us out of Hellbraska. Hang tight, we're all here for each other.

Crysta & Oladipo - us three are in good company as we are both December 2016 filers. We know how painful this process is.   i hope we all receive approvals by the end of this month.  they have tested our patience.  i find it insulting when USCIS says just continue to be patient.  I want to do something to get out of there but i know there is nothing we can do but wait it out.  Stay strong all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

There is no government list of reasons specifically to approve a NVC expedite request.  However, we share some reasons for NVC expedite approval that we have seen including:

• Need of the beneficiary to care for the Petitioner if he or she is sick or having an operation.
  • Financial hardship.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child is near to approaching age 21 soon.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child’s school is about to start or has already began.

Again, NVC expedite request approvals are on a case by case basis. Also, a consular officer at your spouse’s embassy reviews and determines independently whether to accept the request.  In addition, one embassy may be more lenient than another. Therefore, do not take the reasons about as cast in stone acceptable reasons. In fact, they are just reasons that we have seen before in other cases.

Once NVC sends the request to the embassy, they await the desicion. After NVC recieves, the desicion from a consular officer at the embassy, NVC informs you if your NVC expedite requests is approved or denied.

Thanks :) and it better happen soon! Tired of the cold and all the snow..

36 minutes ago, Sundee said:

I can't give you an answer based on a fact, more like something that my husband was told by a lawyer.

Personally, I wouldn't request any expedited in those embassies. But you and your husband are the oens who knows if it would help or not.

I can't decide not to anymore, because is already in our file. So it will depend if they approved or not.

A Venezuelan friend that is currently living in the U.S already, made a expedited request in 2015 at the NVC stage. Her file reached embassy in the less than 1 month and the embassy in Caracas had to do all the work of NVC, she didn't have time enough to even get vaccines requested because of how fast everything moved after her expedited was approved. Was based on humanitarian reasons.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

• Financial hardship.

Khallaf, thank you for this information. So what I understand is if expedite is requested at NVC that request is first submitted to the embassy of where the Spouse will interview and if that request to be expedited is granted by the consular officer then NVC pushes your file faster? It’s almost like the consular is preapproved  for Your Spouse to receive the visa based already on what they have reviewed. Guess I will see ... Thanks again for the info..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ASMS said:

I can't give you an answer based on a fact, more like something that my husband was told by a lawyer.

Personally, I wouldn't request any expedited in those embassies. But you and your husband are the oens who knows if it would help or not.

I can't decide not to anymore, because is already in our file. So it will depend if they approved or not.

A Venezuelan friend that is currently living in the U.S already, made a expedited request in 2015 at the NVC stage. Her file reached embassy in the less than 1 month and the embassy in Caracas had to do all the work of NVC, she didn't have time enough to even get vaccines requested because of how fast everything moved after her expedited was approved. Was based on humanitarian reasons.

Thank you ASMS, I have to request expedite and take my chances at one of the most toughest embassies as it’s a must... Good luck to me... 🙏🙏🙏 I pray 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. It's been about a month since I've been on the forums due to the holidays, traveling, etc. My last update was that after one year, I got hit with an RFE. The RFE ended up requesting passport photos from both my husband and myself as well as the dissolution of marriage from my husband's previous marriage. NSC has now received our response so all we can do is wait. We are currently sitting at 1 year and 1 month since we filed and still waiting for the approval. This journey has been completed and utter hell and I can't wait for it to be over. Are there any December 2016 filers still out there waiting? And for those who have ever received an RFE, how long did the approval take after USCIS received your response? 

I haven't gone back through the thread at all recently but I hope that most of you who filed around the time I did are already onto the NVC stage. It seems like NSC is working on May cases already so I'm sure that I'm the only one left over 😟

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline

UPDATE: This morning I received 4 text messages and an email that my I-129F has been closed and benefits have been received by other means.

I am beyond happy and grateful!! :jest::jest: Now currently waiting for an update on my I-130.

@Alexis9294 I am a DEC 2016 filer. Although I just received that notification, I am still stuck in Hellbraska till my actual approval comes through. So far there are three known DEC 2016 filers in this forum including myself. We will all get out of this place eventually! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.