nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, 2891 said:

Awww.    How much does it take to get green card ?

Little confused 

You mean how much fee's are at NVC and green card fee after NVC

Timeline
5 hours ago, Oladipo said:

I'm also Dec 2016. Nothing yet. Thinking about it alone break me everyday.  PD Dec 13th. Our inquiry response was to allow 60days additional time ( ending on 15th January) and yet nothing. What else can we do? Any response from anyone asked to allow 60days additional time pls? Nebraska have really make life so painful. This is too much

I think you should make infopass appointment to the USCIS  office close to you and go talk to an officer directly 

They can look at more in depth details on your case and maybe able to find out what's exactly going on 

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I filed for an expedite, but USCIS doesn't seem to want to do them, I know when I filed mine end of November, and it was denied they told me I would get something in the mail, I never got it so I had to call them and get the outcome.

My attorney called them and he was told that I should hear from the by or before January 12...so I’m hoping for a good response. Can I ask the reason for the expedite? And how did you put in the request?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nilsa Anil said:

My attorney called them and he was told that I should hear from the by or before January 12...so I’m hoping for a good response. Can I ask the reason for the expedite? And how did you put in the request?

I tried to do one on both Emergency and Humanitarian based on the number of ISIS attacks in Egypt. that I feared for my husbands safety.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nilsa Anil said:

what about you?

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

what about you?

Me too on the same grounds. But my husband is in Afghanistan. Just last week there were 2 attacks and another last night... when I talked to him this morning I heard gun shots outside his house... 

how did you submit your request? I have an attorney and they submitted a letter with evidence as to the dangers in Afghanistan, proof of travel warning for USC and Amnesty International reports.

so where in Egypt if you don’t mind me asking? I’m very familiar with Egypt. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nilsa Anil said:

Me too on the same grounds. But my husband is in Afghanistan. Just last week there were 2 attacks and another last night... when I talked to him this morning I heard gun shots outside his house... 

how did you submit your request? I have an attorney and they submitted a letter with evidence as to the dangers in Afghanistan, proof of travel warning for USC and Amnesty International reports.

so where in Egypt if you don’t mind me asking? I’m very familiar with Egypt. 

I submitted mine through my state senator  myself, I also turned in news articles on the attacks travel warnings and all, denied as that is sufficient evidence, nor does it qualify. just last week there was another attack that killed 9 people weeks before that another attack killing over 300. My husband works in and around Cairo.

21 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Little confused 

You mean how much fee's are at NVC and green card fee after NVC

No ... I missed write time in this sentence. My question is how much time does is take to get green time . ?

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I submitted mine through my state senator  myself, I also turned in news articles on the attacks travel warnings and all, denied as that is sufficient evidence, nor does it qualify. just last week there was another attack that killed 9 people weeks before that another attack killing over 300. My husband works in and around Cairo.

My suggestion is to not give up. Keep contacting them. Send another request. 

Show evidence that he’s in a direct affected area...that’s what my attorney told me we had to prove when I requested it. Don’t give up. I’ll be praying for you both.

Timeline
Just now, Nilsa Anil said:

My suggestion is to not give up. Keep contacting them. Send another request. 

Show evidence that he’s in a direct affected area...that’s what my attorney told me we had to prove when I requested it. Don’t give up. I’ll be praying for you both.

I am a PD 5/8 I have done 3 expedite request each giving more evidence each time denied...hope yours works out since you went through lawyer, maybe they have more push or power. I will ask for expedite after approval at nvc stage

Timeline
2 minutes ago, 2891 said:

When we got approved... how many months does it take to give us green card ?

after the Nebraska stage it goes to NVC stage, after that forward to consulate in your county, once you get your interview and you get your visa in your passport for entry into USA it take about another month to get the actual green card in the mail.

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

after the Nebraska stage it goes to NVC stage, after that forward to consulate in your county, once you get your interview and you get your visa in your passport for entry into USA it take about another month to get the actual green card in the mail.

Oh okay ... thanks 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I am a PD 5/8 I have done 3 expedite request each giving more evidence each time denied...hope yours works out since you went through lawyer, maybe they have more push or power. I will ask for expedite after approval at nvc stage

You are almost there , hopefully towards end of this month or next month you'll get your approval 🙏🙏

I heard when you do expedite request at NVC they forward that to us embassy where your interview will be and they make the decision on the request to approve or deny 

Is that true ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.