nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

I'm an accountant, if you're married do not file single. You can file married filing jointly or married filing separately. If you're a USC with a non-resident spouse, you can file jointly if your spouse has an ITIN, and they'll be considered a US Citizen only for tax purposes only. Hope that helps.

Is it easy to get a ITIN Number for Your Spouse who is not in the US right now? What qualifies him to get that number and how does he go abt to getting it?

so i just want to get some information about the NVC process, i read alot of people saying it takes 11 weeks or so or 30 to 90 days. however, if one doesn't get a check list, how long it would take? if anyone knows. 

i sent the I-130 Jan 11th, 2018 and got approved Feb 20th, 2018. so obliviously this is different from what i read too. thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Is it easy to get a ITIN Number for Your Spouse who is not in the US right now? What qualifies him to get that number and how does he go abt to getting it?

Any individual who is not eligible for a SSN can get an ITIN to pay taxes and for banking.

You'd get your federal income taxes prepared and sent by paper (not e-filed) to the address listed under OPTION 1 on this link: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-i-apply-for-an-itin along with form W-7 filled out https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf and proof of identity, and foreign status documents.

It takes a couple of weeks to receive the ITIN number in the mail, and it can be used for banking and taxes for years to come, until your spouse gets his social security number. Once a SSN is assigned, then they can switch everything over to the new number.

IR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Brazil)

March 31, 2007 - Got married in NY

October 8, 2011 - 1st child born

December 10, 2012 - Family moved to Brazil

March 17, 2013 - 2nd child born

July 25, 2017 - USC spouse and 2 USC children moved back to US

October 13, 2017: I-130 sent via USPS Priority

October 16, 2017: I-130 received

October 19, 2017: I-130 NOA1 email received

October 24, 2017: I-129F sent

October 26, 2017: I-129F received

November 2, 2017: I-129F NOA1 email received

November 14, 2017: I-129F request to expedite by phone

November 30, 2017: I-129F request to expedite denied

February 9, 2018: I-130 request to expedite by phone

February 9, 2018: I-130 approved

February 9, 2018: I-129F terminated

February 12, 2018: I-130 NOA2 email received

February 12, 2018: I-129F NOA2 email received

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

February 14, 2018: I-130 sent to NVC

February 20, 2018: NVC received

April 30, 2018: NVC Case Number Generated

May 1, 2018: Paid IV and AOS Fees

November 12, 2018: Submitted DS-261

November 13-14, 2018: Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

December 6, 2018: Case Completed at NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jt96 said:

so i just want to get some information about the NVC process, i read alot of people saying it takes 11 weeks or so or 30 to 90 days. however, if one doesn't get a check list, how long it would take? if anyone knows. 

i sent the I-130 Jan 11th, 2018 and got approved Feb 20th, 2018. so obliviously this is different from what i read too. thanks 

Unless you did an expedite there is impossible you were approved in just over a month...that simply doesnt happen. 

Timeline

Hello guys my status update says USCIS has made a decision to refund my fee for form I 30 and they went on to say this will not affect the processing or location of my case . My PD is MAY 5 2017. Has anyone had this happen to them ?

Khallaf. I actually didn’t request anything. I did call USCIS about a mistake I had on my I-130. They said we corrected it and approved it. And I got the online status text that was approved on 22nd. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jt96 said:

Khallaf. I actually didn’t request anything. I did call USCIS about a mistake I had on my I-130. They said we corrected it and approved it. And I got the online status text that was approved on 22nd. 

Was it a mistake on their part or your mistake? They probably accessed your file to make the correction and just approved it since they had it open anyway. That's great luck though. Happy to hear when things move fast at USCIS.

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

The mistake was actually mine. I entered my wife’s DOB wrong. And I was going through paperwork and then seen that it was wrong, I called and requested a tier 2 officer and the officer told me they approved it. With the correction and should received the approval notice in couple days. Thanks and good luck to you as well. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, RammySaeed said:

Hello guys my status update says USCIS has made a decision to refund my fee for form I 30 and they went on to say this will not affect the processing or location of my case . My PD is MAY 5 2017. Has anyone had this happen to them ?

Hmmmm, never heard of this 

50 minutes ago, jt96 said:

It happens with certain Filipinos cases, they get processed really fast, or at least they used to.

But Idk if @jt96 is from there. Is certainly very strange an unusual, to not say unfair.

55 minutes ago, RammySaeed said:

Why they would refund your fees?

Did you call them to receive an explanation about this?

1 hour ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

Any individual who is not eligible for a SSN can get an ITIN to pay taxes and for banking.

You'd get your federal income taxes prepared and sent by paper (not e-filed) to the address listed under OPTION 1 on this link: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-i-apply-for-an-itin along with form W-7 filled out https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf and proof of identity, and foreign status documents.

It takes a couple of weeks to receive the ITIN number in the mail, and it can be used for banking and taxes for years to come, until your spouse gets his social security number. Once a SSN is assigned, then they can switch everything over to the new number.

I think its easier filing married but separately, since you only need to put "NRA" in the area for the SSN of the spouse. Ofc, just my opinion.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

I wish there was a way to claim all the money i send abroad supporting my family  as I know I’m not the only one doing this. 

12 minutes ago, ASMS said:

It happens with certain Filipinos cases, they get processed really fast, or at least they used to.

But Idk if @jt96 is from there. Is certainly very strange an unusual, to not say unfair.

I’m a US citizen and my wife is from Turkey. Even with the I-130 I did include a great financial evidence and assets I have so I don’t know if that have any effect on it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sundee said:

I wish there was a way to claim all the money i send abroad supporting my family  as I know I’m not the only one doing this. 

At least if you file married filing jointly, you can claim the deduction for the extra person which is double that of someone filing single or MFS. I don't know your specific situation, but could mean extra money back in your pocket if you get a refund.

IMG_2390.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.