nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

So today I called the NVC and apparently they are not answering phone calls because of the high volume of cases. They are helping the others. Well after to wait the 2 regular weeks, I'm on my 4th week due passed waiting for my CN and IIN. I hope I get it this week. :(

This phase will pass you can call them early tomorrow morning that's the only way you can get hold of them quickly.All the best 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

So today I called the NVC and apparently they are not answering phone calls because of the high volume of cases. They are helping the others. Well after to wait the 2 regular weeks, I'm on my 4th week due passed waiting for my CN and IIN. I hope I get it this week. :(

I just called them to see if they have my case # yet, no such luck was on hold 15 min

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, carlinhoswave said:

Wow, sure hope u do get it this week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, GiGiJamacia said:

Has anyone encounter application error when logging on to Nvc?

Yes, for less than 5 mins. So I was able to login again.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

An update on our case: 

Ir5 Nebraska pd 2 June 2017

Approved 31 Jan 2018

Sent to dos 12 Feb 2018

NVC received 16 Feb 2018

The lady said to call back mid next week for case number. 

Good luck to all.

Timeline

Can somebody help me understand what is meant by certified copy? I have read in many places that if birth certificate is made at a later date then it should be certified.

Also we are parents of usc and it's required to take original or certified copy of our sons  birth certificate to the interview. What does it mean by certified? 

Is it same as getting it notarized?

Thanks! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, hannac said:

I'm a bit confused on the ds260 application. The part that is requesting all your previous addresses, did anyone put their last five addresses? 

The DS260 request to list all addresses lived at since age 16 of the benificary. If it involves more then 5, you will be very busy..

Best of luck.. 

I just got letters today for my wife's parents.  Approval Notices.  Our priority date was 7/21/2017.  Seems a bit ahead of many.  NVC.

Kinda looking around to figure out what to expect next.  Kinda looks they are going to send something to her parents next.. Of course I'll be paying the bills so do they send more stuff to me?  I think the aos is part of this, I think I've read they "arrive" (as in their first green card is 10yr) with 10yr green cards right?

Anyway, hurray, any day where you get feedback is a good day!

Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsKhan said:

Can somebody help me understand what is meant by certified copy? I have read in many places that if birth certificate is made at a later date then it should be certified.

Also we are parents of usc and it's required to take original or certified copy of our sons  birth certificate to the interview. What does it mean by certified? 

Is it same as getting it notarized?

Thanks! 

A certified copy has a stamp or a raised seal and states on the documents as it being a true certified copy.

Hope this helps you..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
Just now, Sundee said:

The DS260 request to list all addresses lived at since age 16 of the benificary. If it involves more then 5, you will be very busy..

Best of luck.. 

Thanks Sundee. I listed all five of them and submitted it, but I don't remember the months exactly. I hope they don't focus too much on all them addresses.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sundee said:

A certified copy has a stamp or a raised seal and states on the documents as it being a true certified copy.

Hope this helps you..

Thanks. So if we got our birth certificates made from the govt office now at a later date then they need to  be certified?  Cause they are the originals.  Or only their copies will be certified?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, hannac said:

Thanks Sundee. I listed all five of them and submitted it, but I don't remember the months exactly. I hope they don't focus too much on all them addresses.

Yes it’s not easy to remember exact months. Think u will be ok.

15 hours ago, Henken23 said:

Don't call yet until it says sent to department of states I was once in your shoes.All the best

Hope they will send it soon

Edited by 2891

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.