nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 2891 said:

So we will email them after 6weeks . Because 4th week is going on.

It's better if you make a phone call and ask to see if its ready instead of waiting. 6 weeks is just an estimate. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, BuchananMJ said:

Yes we filed aug 17,2017

It could be a RFE or approval. Uscis has many different terms they use, so once you get the letter, follow their instructions..

Keep me updated

Timeline
8 hours ago, 2891 said:

My case approved on 25th Jan ... we still nothing receive from NVC . Can someone tell me about it 😔

2891, call NVC because at least one of their supervisors will look into why u don’t have a case number yet. 

When u call it pushes them a bit. 

It seems that after NVC has your case for 2 weeks and no case number assigned after 2 weeks then yes call them...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, 2891 said:

My case approved on 25th Jan ... we still nothing receive from NVC . Can someone tell me about it 😔

it also matters when it was updated online to say sent to DOS, often time and I have found this to be true, they will not actually send the case until it has updated saying it was sent to DOS, and then you can start calling 2 weeks from that date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Sonata Arctica said:

I am certain that you are reading it wrong. The beneficiary neither needs to sign the I-130A, nor does she/he need to send the passport sized photographs if she/he is not ion the USA. It clearly states that. The instructions are generalized for ALL I-130 situations, so they wrote what you mentioned in the end to cover all the bases.

At least that is what I have gathered from it. And I am fairly certain now that people who have received RFEs for this reason have been sent those in error and when people see that, they assume that the beneficiary photographs have to be sent in every case. My two cents. If someone has a better explanation of can confirm or refute my understanding, please do so.

Thanks.

My lawyer made both my spouse and I have passport photos as well as made my spouse sign the 130A and FedEx it to him here in the states.

1 hour ago, Khallaf said:

it also matters when it was updated online to say sent to DOS, often time and I have found this to be true, they will not actually send the case until it has updated saying it was sent to DOS, and then you can start calling 2 weeks from that date.

Thank you Khallaf for the info. Mine was sent to DOS on Feb. 9th so I won't be expecting to have a case number til next month. Have you got the case # yet? Yea, today is the President Day he he

Timeline
17 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Thank you Khallaf for the info. Mine was sent to DOS on Feb. 9th so I won't be expecting to have a case number til next month. Have you got the case # yet? Yea, today is the President Day he he

mine was sent to DOS on Feb 1st, as of last thursday still no case # and with Presidents day USCIS and NVC is closed so will have to wait to check tomorrow. NVC got it 2/5/18 in the mail, and scanned as received on 2/8/18. I am hoping for tomorrow but was told they are behind getting those documents in the system and it could be longer than the 2 weeks, so I will call 2 times a day until I get it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

mine was sent to DOS on Feb 1st, as of last thursday still no case # and with Presidents day USCIS and NVC is closed so will have to wait to check tomorrow. NVC got it 2/5/18 in the mail, and scanned as received on 2/8/18. I am hoping for tomorrow but was told they are behind getting those documents in the system and it could be longer than the 2 weeks, so I will call 2 times a day until I get it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know when NVC received and scanned your case? Mine was sent to NVC on Feb 14, not even a week yet, but would like to know ahead of time. Thanks in advance!

IR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Brazil)

March 31, 2007 - Got married in NY

October 8, 2011 - 1st child born

December 10, 2012 - Family moved to Brazil

March 17, 2013 - 2nd child born

July 25, 2017 - USC spouse and 2 USC children moved back to US

October 13, 2017: I-130 sent via USPS Priority

October 16, 2017: I-130 received

October 19, 2017: I-130 NOA1 email received

October 24, 2017: I-129F sent

October 26, 2017: I-129F received

November 2, 2017: I-129F NOA1 email received

November 14, 2017: I-129F request to expedite by phone

November 30, 2017: I-129F request to expedite denied

February 9, 2018: I-130 request to expedite by phone

February 9, 2018: I-130 approved

February 9, 2018: I-129F terminated

February 12, 2018: I-130 NOA2 email received

February 12, 2018: I-129F NOA2 email received

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

February 14, 2018: I-130 sent to NVC

February 20, 2018: NVC received

April 30, 2018: NVC Case Number Generated

May 1, 2018: Paid IV and AOS Fees

November 12, 2018: Submitted DS-261

November 13-14, 2018: Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

December 6, 2018: Case Completed at NVC

Timeline
Just now, Ueslei & Jacky said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you know when NVC received and scanned your case? Mine was sent to NVC on Feb 14, not even a week yet, but would like to know ahead of time. Thanks in advance!

I would say that if yours was sent to DOS on 2/14 they will have gotten it by tomorrow, and 3 more days scanned as received I would say call Friday and they will let you know in what mail they got it and when it got scanned as received. 

they then say it takes 2 weeks from the scan in for all the information to be put in the system to give you a case # and Inv #

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I would say that if yours was sent to DOS on 2/14 they will have gotten it by tomorrow, and 3 more days scanned as received I would say call Friday and they will let you know in what mail they got it and when it got scanned as received. 

they then say it takes 2 weeks from the scan in for all the information to be put in the system to give you a case # and Inv #

Awesome! Thanks a lot, I will do that.

IR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Brazil)

March 31, 2007 - Got married in NY

October 8, 2011 - 1st child born

December 10, 2012 - Family moved to Brazil

March 17, 2013 - 2nd child born

July 25, 2017 - USC spouse and 2 USC children moved back to US

October 13, 2017: I-130 sent via USPS Priority

October 16, 2017: I-130 received

October 19, 2017: I-130 NOA1 email received

October 24, 2017: I-129F sent

October 26, 2017: I-129F received

November 2, 2017: I-129F NOA1 email received

November 14, 2017: I-129F request to expedite by phone

November 30, 2017: I-129F request to expedite denied

February 9, 2018: I-130 request to expedite by phone

February 9, 2018: I-130 approved

February 9, 2018: I-129F terminated

February 12, 2018: I-130 NOA2 email received

February 12, 2018: I-129F NOA2 email received

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

February 14, 2018: I-130 sent to NVC

February 20, 2018: NVC received

April 30, 2018: NVC Case Number Generated

May 1, 2018: Paid IV and AOS Fees

November 12, 2018: Submitted DS-261

November 13-14, 2018: Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

December 6, 2018: Case Completed at NVC

Timeline
19 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

Hello People, So me and my husband got an email from NVC (welcome letter). I need some advice here. I have lived all my life outside USA. I was born in NY and moved overseas at the age of 6. I haven't paid any taxes and my income is below the overseas tax credit. What should I do in this case?

Amisharjil,

I have a similar situation. I was born in USA, left when I was a child and now, after many years, decided to go back to USA. I always payed all my income taxes overseas. I decided to contact an accountant and I suggest you to do the same. He would know if you were in any exemption case. The problem is that even being an exemption you should file the tax form for every income you had. In that case you should file them late. Because to file the DS-260 (or DS-261, not sure which one as I am still waiting for the NVC case number) there is a check box saying something like this: "I declare that I filed the income tax for the last three years". And in your case this is not true. Reading the guide lines you also find something like this: "If you did not file any of the last three years, write a reason that justifies why you did not have to file according to IRS policies". And, with my dummy knowledge, I guess you have no excuses.

Good luck and best regards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
On 2/16/2018 at 10:42 PM, Rawanruru said:

I need help!! Nvc won't let me log in it's been 2 days since I got my case # what should I do 

Mine was like that too. Are you able to log in now? I gave it 2-3 business days before i was able to log in

12 hours ago, Khallaf said:

My online case still said case received. I got approved on 25th jan

12 hours ago, Sundee said:

2891, call NVC because at least one of their supervisors will look into why u don’t have a case number yet. 

When u call it pushes them a bit. 

It seems that after NVC has your case for 2 weeks and no case number assigned after 2 weeks then yes call them...

My online case status still .. case received. I got approved on 25th Jan. I'm really worried.  My husband still nothing received from NVC

I'm in India .. can I email NVC or only my husband have right to call them ???

Edited by 2891

Timeline
6 minutes ago, 2891 said:

My online case status still .. case received. I got approved on 25th Jan. I'm really worried.  My husband still nothing received from NVC

I'm in India .. can I email NVC or only my husband have right to call them ???

With NVC you are allowed to call them.

Did you ever see anything on line saying Case sent to “Dept Of State”?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.