nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Khallaf said:

If you look at the instructions for the I-130 at the bottom it says

For Form I-130 spouse petitioners: □ Did you include two photographs of your spouse beneficiary? □ Did you include a completed and signed Form I-130A? □ Did you include two photographs of you (spouse petitioner)?

I know that it states photography but I would take the two photographs would mean passport style photos....

I could be reading it wrong but people here have gotten RFE letters for passport photos, for their spouse that is overseas.

I am certain that you are reading it wrong. The beneficiary neither needs to sign the I-130A, nor does she/he need to send the passport sized photographs if she/he is not ion the USA. It clearly states that. The instructions are generalized for ALL I-130 situations, so they wrote what you mentioned in the end to cover all the bases.

At least that is what I have gathered from it. And I am fairly certain now that people who have received RFEs for this reason have been sent those in error and when people see that, they assume that the beneficiary photographs have to be sent in every case. My two cents. If someone has a better explanation of can confirm or refute my understanding, please do so.

Thanks.

Edited by Sonata Arctica

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sonata Arctica said:

I am certain that you are reading it wrong. The beneficiary neither needs to sign the I-130A, nor does she/he need to send the passport sized photographs if she/he is not ion the USA. It clearly states that. The instructions are generalized for ALL I-130 situations, so they wrote what you mentioned in the end to cover all the bases.

At least that is what I have gathered from it. And I am fairly certain now that people who have received RFEs for this reason have been sent those in error and when people see that, they assume that the beneficiary photographs have to be sent in every case. My two cents. If someone has a better explanation of can confirm or refute my understanding, please do so.

Thanks.

If the instructions are misleading then hope it will be corrected.

Im the USC petitioner and my husband the benificary who is not in the USA had to submit (2) passport sized photos with our 1-130 petition as this was requested by my Lawyer. 

Ive heard of many receiving RFE for not submitting those passport photos in for the benificary,  so hope this somehow can be addressed and corrected by their instructions.. 😀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sundee said:

If the instructions are misleading then hope it will be corrected.

Im the USC petitioner and my husband the benificary who is not in the USA had to submit (2) passport sized photos with our 1-130 petition as this was requested by my Lawyer. 

Ive heard of many receiving RFE for not submitting those passport photos in for the benificary,  so hope this somehow can be addressed and corrected by their instructions.. 😀

Since we already submitted the I-130 a few months ago, what will happen now? Will the application be rejected due to that? Or will it only be a case of me sending them in? Will this delay the process significantly?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sonata Arctica said:

Since we already submitted the I-130 a few months ago, what will happen now? Will the application be rejected due to that? Or will it only be a case of me sending them in? Will this delay the process significantly?

First let’s pray that nothing will happen except you getting your approval. I honestly believe that it depends on the officer reviewing your petition, so don’t panic, ok? It won’t be rejected because of no passport photo’s missing but it could get you a RFE and if that’s the case, you will get notified and then you will just send in what they request.

Will it delay you if getting a RFE, yes but not significantly..

I always like to remain positive because if you think too much, you will stress yourself over what might not need even a second thought abt..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, ASMS said:

I'm sorry that you received a RFE.

What they requested ?

My ex wife device I sent it and they send a latter that they received  it how long  takes b4 is approval 

Hello People, So me and my husband got an email from NVC (welcome letter). I need some advice here. I have lived all my life outside USA. I was born in NY and moved overseas at the age of 6. I haven't paid any taxes and my income is below the overseas tax credit. What should I do in this case?

1 hour ago, 2891 said:

My case approved on 25th Jan ... we still nothing receive from NVC . Can someone tell me about it 😔

My case approved on 1st of Feb. I emailed NVC directly because I can not hear or speak to make a phone call. They replied back. So, I recommend for you to make a phone call if possible much quicker than via email. I provided them with my email address so I am sure they won't reply much faster then on the phone. Here the reply they sent to me via email...  

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please allow up to six weeks from the date USCIS approved your petition for us to receive it. We will contact you with instructions on the next steps once we have your approved petition.

Bella

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Team PAE, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

8 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

My case approved on 1st of Feb. I emailed NVC directly because I can not hear or speak to make a phone call. They replied back. So, I recommend for you to make a phone call if possible much quicker than via email. I provided them with my email address so I am sure they won't reply much faster then on the phone. Here the reply they sent to me via email...  

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please allow up to six weeks from the date USCIS approved your petition for us to receive it. We will contact you with instructions on the next steps once we have your approved petition.

Bella

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Team PAE, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

So we will email them after 6weeks . Because 4th week is going on.

8 hours ago, BuchananMJ said:

Hi everyone,

Does anybody here received an email from uscis saying "notice of explanation USCIS actions was mailed"? What does it mean? 

"notice of explanations..."

No, but I hope is not what I'm thinking, only notice of explanations I think about are the NOID and NOIR.

The letter says something else? what does it says when you check the status of your case?

10 hours ago, Irokalu said:

My ex wife device I sent it and they send a latter that they received  it how long  takes b4 is approval 

you meant divorce certificate?

It could be just a couple of days, or between 30/60 days.

But NebraskaSC is now working faster, so it could be just the couple of days

6 hours ago, 2891 said:

My case approved on 25th Jan ... we still nothing receive from NVC . Can someone tell me about it 😔

I'm sorry, but think that you had an approval and that matters.

When was received by NVC?

Mine was approved the 26, and it wasn't till 02/16 that was received by the NVC.

Try start calling again tomorrow, you will get good news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.