nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pd 2nd June. Case approved 31st Jan and online status still says case received. Called nvc and they said they can't see my case there yet.  Do  we just wait and keep calling nvc every week or do we call uscis and ask why they  haven't sent our case to dos yet.  Most people here say their case was sent to dos in a weeks time.  Any suggestions will be appreciated? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
36 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

Pd 2nd June. Case approved 31st Jan and online status still says case received. Called nvc and they said they can't see my case there yet.  Do  we just wait and keep calling nvc every week or do we call uscis and ask why they  haven't sent our case to dos yet.  Most people here say their case was sent to dos in a weeks time.  Any suggestions will be appreciated? 

Your case will not be sent to NVC until online status says sent to DOS...and then it takes a week for NVC to recieve and the. Another 2 weeks for a case #. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys! It can look silly or dumb but I think I've been reading so much that I'm getting lost and the more I feel like this, more I get in panic because I even can't understand the simple things. Please, could someone help me?

My question is, what are the documents to prove the financial support in this list? Also what are the documents to prove the relationship which are the support documents? Because in the NVC phase we have these two packages, right? The financial evidence and the support documents.

Evidence of financial support for militaries (COPIES)

(   ) LES document (For militaries)

(   ) Recent 3 years of tax returns

(   ) Life insurance set up (Me as the beneficiary)

(   ) Copies of DLs

(   ) DEERS dependent statement proving I’m a military dependent

(   ) Bills - in yours, his or both names

(   ) Medical bills you received (one name or both showing beneficiary) or statement of benefits

(   ) Joint checking, savings, credit cards (showing multiple statements)

(   ) Pictures together – Before the marriage, wedding album, pictures taken in every occasion

(   ) Letters from friends stating that they know you as a married couple (Make sure the person include, phone number, email, address. And at the end, the sign plus date and place of birth.) google affidavit of support of bonafide marriage and you will to find it.

(   ) All the trips of the petitioner and/or the beneficiary to meet each other - like passport stamps

(   ) Letters, gifts

1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

(   ) Pictures together – Before the marriage, wedding album, pictures taken in every occasion

(   ) Letters from friends stating that they know you as a married couple (Make sure the person include, phone number, email, address. And at the end, the sign plus date and place of birth.) google affidavit of support of bonafide marriage and you will to find it.

(   ) All the trips of the petitioner and/or the beneficiary to meet each other - like passport stamps

(   ) Letters, gifts

You don't need any of the items above. NVC is strictly about financial support (they are not interested about pictures or any other evidence of bonafide relationship). It means the most important is the affidavit of support, and the rest of the financial documents related with it.

You prove your relationship with your husband  by sending the copy of your marriage certificate, plus the rest of the civil documents of both of you.

I recommend you to read the guides of NVC stage in visajourney, or the official information at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

it has been posted before in this group the checklist for NVC:

IMG_20180209_170558_034.jpg

Edited by ASMS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ASMS said:

You don't need any of the items above. NVC is strictly about financial support (they are not interested about pictures or any other evidence of bonafide relationship). It means the most important is the affidavit of support, and the rest of the financial documents related with it.

You prove your relationship with your husband  by sending the copy of your marriage certificate, plus the rest of the civil documents of both of you.

I recommend you to read the guides of NVC stage in visajourney, or the official information at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

it has been posted before in this group the checklist for NVC:

IMG_20180209_170558_034.jpg

ASMS, in the event Your Spouse comes from a high fraud country then at NVC stage you definitely want to include pics of both of you, plus letters from friends, coworkers & family and you want to show any proof u have that you have a bona fide  relationship with Your Spouse..

Timeline
1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

Hey guys! It can look silly or dumb but I think I've been reading so much that I'm getting lost and the more I feel like this, more I get in panic because I even can't understand the simple things. Please, could someone help me?

My question is, what are the documents to prove the financial support in this list? Also what are the documents to prove the relationship which are the support documents? Because in the NVC phase we have these two packages, right? The financial evidence and the support documents.

Evidence of financial support for militaries (COPIES)

(   ) LES document (For militaries)

(   ) Recent 3 years of tax returns

(   ) Life insurance set up (Me as the beneficiary)

(   ) Copies of DLs

(   ) DEERS dependent statement proving I’m a military dependent

(   ) Bills - in yours, his or both names

(   ) Medical bills you received (one name or both showing beneficiary) or statement of benefits

(   ) Letters, gifts

You will drive yourself crazy reading and reading so much that you will start questioning yourself... You will say oh do I need this, do I need that, did I include this and when putting your documents together and ready to mail them, you will be going over them again and agin to be sure all is in the order as requested by the check list. Then don’t forget that your cover letter must go on the top... 

Trust me I was like silly crazy after getting all my documents ready to mail and what a relief it is when they are gone on their way to NVC.. A bit of relief 😀.

I had to include all I could get almost including my kitchen sink to mail to NVC as unfortunately my husband comes from one of those countries listed as high fraud, so I put all I could in my package listed as other supporting documents..

Nothing included can be too much...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm just starting this process, my wife is a US citizen and we sent or I130 and got a received notice with PD OCT 31st, I know we are still early in the process, but for what I've been reading, it will take up to 9 or 10 months for my case to be approved by Nebraska.

Anyone else with a similar PD as mine?

kind regards.

1 hour ago, Sundee said:

ASMS, in the event Your Spouse comes from a high fraud country then at NVC stage you definitely want to include pics of both of you, plus letters from friends, coworkers & family and you want to show any proof u have that you have a bona fide  relationship with Your Spouse..

I don't think this is necessary for NVC, like I haven't read they ask for that kind of things at NVC, but for USCIS and consulate. 

But I'll trust you since is not my case.

Finally its been sent to department of state! How will I know when NVC receive my USCIS case so I put down the timeline " NVC received " ?? Thanks! 

my_logo.png

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On February 9, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number LIN17XXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, deafguy72 said:

Finally its been sent to department of state! How will I know when NVC receive my USCIS case so I put down the timeline " NVC received " ?? Thanks! 

my_logo.png

On February 9, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number LIN17XXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, deafguy72 said:

my_logo.png

Call NVC in two weeks and inquire or wait for mail or email.  I called.

Edited by Steph&Bobo

turns out our NOA2 was in the mail this past week because it came today and we were approved on 3rd february wow!!!

i really hope everyone with a PD near ours gets their NOA2 soon it's the biggest relief ever to be out of nebraska omg...

Timeline
3 hours ago, ASMS said:

I don't think this is necessary for NVC, like I haven't read they ask for that kind of things at NVC, but for USCIS and consulate. 

But I'll trust you since is not my case.

The documents that NVC receives from us gets forwarded to the embassy, so by the time Your Spouse has the interview that consular has already reviewed everytilhing in your file, so I was advised to send in all I could at NVC stage since it can already be viewed and then time of spouses interview u bring copies of what u sent already so they match up and bring any new evidence as well. 

Im my case I need all I could, so I supplied it...

Timeline
6 minutes ago, spannerfrog said:

turns out our NOA2 was in the mail this past week because it came today and we were approved on 3rd february wow!!!

i really hope everyone with a PD near ours gets their NOA2 soon it's the biggest relief ever to be out of nebraska omg...

Congraluations!!!!’ 🎈🎈🎊🎊🎉🎉

Yay!!!! Now off to DOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, spannerfrog said:

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.