nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I know I have gotten to know many people through the Nebraska forum this past year. I just wanted to share my IR1 visa along with my son's IR2 visa was approved in Montreal today! I know you often wonder if you will ever get through this process but I can assure you it eventually happens! Keep the faith!

Congratulations!!!

Yes, the Nebraska waiting game can become super nerve-wrecking, especially when you know the approval can come any day now, but fails to do so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I know I have gotten to know many people through the Nebraska forum this past year. I just wanted to share my IR1 visa along with my son's IR2 visa was approved in Montreal today! I know you often wonder if you will ever get through this process but I can assure you it eventually happens! Keep the faith!

I'm trying to keep it. I can't understand this NVC phaase. I saw a lot of people here that got approved after me and NVC got the case way after me and then they  got CS and IIN. Meanwhile they received my case on Jan 18, I waited the "normal" 2 weeks then kept calling till the point they told me that it was due passed and on Feb 5th they put a request to a supervisor review the case and nothing yet. I'm so frustrated and sad! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, acidrain said:

That is amazing and what a wonderful feeling I am sure it is.  I am so happy all good things are happening for you.  You have been such a positive person and full of advice here on VJ!  I wish well as your journey continues here!!!!   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Steph&Bobo said:

That is amazing and what a wonderful feeling I am sure it is.  I am so happy all good things are happening for you.  You have been such a positive person and full of advice here on VJ!  I wish well as your journey continues here!!!!   

Thanks for saying so! At times I felt like I would never get to the finish line. Especially when I was stuck in Nebraska. Your time is going to come too!

30 minutes ago, carlinhoswave said:

I'm trying to keep it. I can't understand this NVC phaase. I saw a lot of people here that got approved after me and NVC got the case way after me and then they  got CS and IIN. Meanwhile they received my case on Jan 18, I waited the "normal" 2 weeks then kept calling till the point they told me that it was due passed and on Feb 5th they put a request to a supervisor review the case and nothing yet. I'm so frustrated and sad! :(

I would try my best not to compare your case to other people's. I find at various stages some people get ahead but then fall behind later on or vice versa. The important thing is your case continues to press forward. I would just keep calling NVC until they give you your number.

34 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Congratulations!!!

Yes, the Nebraska waiting game can become super nerve-wrecking, especially when you know the approval can come any day now, but fails to do so.

I found waiting for my i130 to be approved to be the most challenging phase. I know you've waited particularly long and hope your day is coming!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Thanks for saying so! At times I felt like I would never get to the finish line. Especially when I was stuck in Nebraska. Your time is going to come too!

I would try my best not to compare your case to other people's. I find at various stages some people get ahead but then fall behind later on or vice versa. The important thing is your case continues to press forward. I would just keep calling NVC until they give you your number.

I found waiting for my i130 to be approved to be the most challenging phase. I know you've waited particularly long and hope your day is coming!

Thank you very much Acidrain! I will to keep my faith and being positive! Everything will be fine! Thanks for the words! And congratulations about your son!!!! :)

Edited by carlinhoswave

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My online status has been updated and says my case has been sent to the department of state on 12 Feb. When should we call for the case number.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

Congrats!!

What's your timeline?

Pd 2nd June. Approved on 31st Jan and on 12 Feb case sent to  dept of state. 

1 hour ago, acidrain said:

Congratulations acidrain!! :jest:, I'm really happy for you, I can't imagine the happiness and the relief you are feeling now. I wish the best for you and for your family.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

My online status has been updated and says my case has been sent to the department of state on 12 Feb. When should we call for the case number.

with sent to DOS being 2/12 will not get to them with other bulk cases till 2/16 and might get hand scanned into system by 2/19 and then another 2 weeks from there you should get your case # so you can start calling on 2/28..

or you can call every day like I do hoping it gets done sooner. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Rawanruru said:

@GiGiJamacia let us know what they tell u after asking them to review it and after how long ur fees were unlocked 

Hey I got an email through nvc it was the welcome number and now I can pay the fee so I’m going to now. That’s was fast because it was yesterday I just filled out the ds261 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
1 hour ago, GiGiJamacia said:

Hey I got an email through nvc it was the welcome number and now I can pay the fee so I’m going to now. That’s was fast because it was yesterday I just filled out the ds261 🙂

I think if you're the petitioner on the application and you selected yourself as the agent AND you're currently here in the states, they process your DS261 much quicker. I submitted mine yesterday, called NVC this morning and they accepted my DS261 while I was on the phone. 

Good luck on the rest of the process! Almost there....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rawanruru said:

After you filed it you called them asking to review it with you ? @GiGiJamacia

yeah after you submit DS-261 , you call NVC the next day and on  and ask them to review your DS-261 over the phone , this way the IV fee will unlock little faster after they do that 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.