nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Thank you... Yes a end is in sight and once you reach the NVC stage it’s like 6 weeks after the scan date of your documents until Case complete with NVC and then wait for interview date... I’m so anxious to get this over

almost there !! :)  Hang in there , you got your Scan Date right ? or waiting for DS-260 ? 

I can't wait to get mine rolling , I am planning on shipping out my Documents around 20th or so , once I get my tax return done , 

hopefully by then I'll get my AOS / IV bill and DS-260 done with 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Thank you... Yes a end is in sight and once you reach the NVC stage it’s like 6 weeks after the scan date of your documents until Case complete with NVC and then wait for interview date... I’m so anxious to get this over

If you dont mind me asking can you please tell me what evidence you provided for the NVC stage? And how you got his police criminal records? I do not want to have my husband get it too early and have it expire and I dont want to get it late either. I want to have everything ready so as soon as it's needed, I can send it off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, Sundee said:

You will drive yourself crazy reading and reading so much that you will start questioning yourself... You will say oh do I need this, do I need that, did I include this and when putting your documents together and ready to mail them, you will be going over them again and agin to be sure all is in the order as requested by the check list. Then don’t forget that your cover letter must go on the top... 

Trust me I was like silly crazy after getting all my documents ready to mail and what a relief it is when they are gone on their way to NVC.. A bit of relief 😀.

I had to include all I could get almost including my kitchen sink to mail to NVC as unfortunately my husband comes from one of those countries listed as high fraud, so I put all I could in my package listed as other supporting documents..

Nothing included can be too much...

Omg! That's true Sundee! I cant wait to get out of this NVC phase, it is stressful. Maybe I should to stop to read a little bit and enjoy the weekend, so when the next step comes I will know what to do or else I will be mixing everything lol! Thaaaaank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm so confused right now. I don't know if I should get excited or not?! 

I just received a response today to my inquiry to USCIS, only asking about what address they had on file for us, and they replied back that our case was approved and the mail was sent on February 2!!!!!

😀😀😃😃 

On the other hand, when I talked to USCIS on February 9th, the Tier 1 officer said our case was still being processed. So which one should we believe? I hope the approval is true so we can leave Hellbraska!  

Screenshot_2018-02-11-13-48-10.png

Merve Özak

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mozak said:

I just received a response today to my inquiry to USCIS, only asking about what address they had on file for us, and they replied back that our case was approved and the mail was sent on February 2!!!!!

😀😀😃😃 

On the other hand, when I talked to USCIS on February 9th, the Tier 1 officer said our case was still being processed. So which one should we believe? I hope the approval is true so we can leave Hellbraska!  

Believe the inquiry because tier 1 reps tells you what online status shows they can't look deep into your case ,. So if online still shows it's not approved that's what they'll tell you

If you want another confirmation talk to a tier 2 rep they'll  be able to confirm 

Congratulations on approval 😊😊😊

Edited by harsh2010

Timeline
11 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

almost there !! :)  Hang in there , you got your Scan Date right ? or waiting for DS-260 ? 

I can't wait to get mine rolling , I am planning on shipping out my Documents around 20th or so , once I get my tax return done , 

hopefully by then I'll get my AOS / IV bill and DS-260 done with 

Hi harah2010, I got my scan date on 2/8/18 so all I’m waiting on now is for NVC to tell me Case Complete then I wait for my hubbys interview date. My fees are all paid and the DS260 was finished some time ago...

Im just ready to put all this behind me.. 

Have u heard back from NVC yet?? Keep me posted.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Hi harah2010, I got my scan date on 2/8/18 so all I’m waiting on now is for NVC to tell me Case Complete then I wait for my hubbys interview date. My fees are all paid and the DS260 was finished some time ago...

Im just ready to put all this behind me.. 

Have u heard back from NVC yet?? Keep me posted.. 

Hi , Sweet !!! You are almost done i pray your CC will come fast :)

I got my DS-261 filled , can't pay any fee's yet , was told to wait for welcome letter before i can do anything else , 

for my Expedite Request  got initial request is being Reviewed E-mail 

Timeline
12 hours ago, selsiii said:

If you dont mind me asking can you please tell me what evidence you provided for the NVC stage? And how you got his police criminal records? I do not want to have my husband get it too early and have it expire and I dont want to get it late either. I want to have everything ready so as soon as it's needed, I can send it off.

Selsiii,

For evidence to NVC I sent letters from friends, coworkers and my daughter of what they know of my marriage. I also sent photos of me with my husband and his family at different places. I also sent evidence showing my husband having his own credit card on my acct along with a phone he has in Ghana that’s an American phone with my California area code that’s on my family plan. Gosh I also sent proof showing my husband is my beneficiary on my life insurance and I sent chat records.

All the above items I sent on the NVC check list as “Supporting Evidence”

As for my husbands “Police Report” he went to the main Head Quarters Police in Accra and got it in 2 days but had to pay extra to get it that fast. Ghana charges for everything and extra if want it faster... 

If your husband has no court records, military records, or ex wife then all he needs to send you is his Police Report, Birth Certificate, copy of inside his Passport and copy of marriage certificate. All must be translated in English if it isn’t already..

Don’t have your husband get his Police Report until after your Approval and after your file has been sent to NVC. Best time to have your husband get the police report is right after you get your case and invoice number from NVC...

Have your husband scan all the originals to you in Email and then you print them out as that’s what I did. Remember you only send copies of original items or certified copies.. I will be here to help u along the way, so ask whatever you need help with..

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Selsiii,

For evidence to NVC I sent letters from friends, coworkers and my daughter of what they know of my marriage. I also sent photos of me with my husband and his family at different places. I also sent evidence showing my husband having his own credit card on my acct along with a phone he has in Ghana that’s an American phone with my California area code that’s on my family plan. Gosh I also sent proof showing my husband is my beneficiary on my life insurance and I sent chat records.

All the above items I sent on the NVC check list as “Supporting Evidence”

As for my husbands “Police Report” he went to the main Head Quarters Police in Accra and got it in 2 days but had to pay extra to get it that fast. Ghana charges for everything and extra if want it faster... 

If your husband has no court records, military records, or ex wife then all he needs to send you is his Police Report, Birth Certificate, copy of inside his Passport and copy of marriage certificate. All must be translated in English if it isn’t already..

Don’t have your husband get his Police Report until after your Approval and after your file has been sent to NVC. Best time to have your husband get the police report is right after you get your case and invoice number from NVC...

Have your husband scan all the originals to you in Email and then you print them out as that’s what I did. Remember you only send copies of original items or certified copies.. I will be here to help u along the way, so ask whatever you need help with..

Thank you Sundee! This helps greatly. I will have him send me a copy of his birth certificate and later a copy of the police report when he gets it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Believe the inquiry because tier 1 reps tells you what online status shows they can't look deep into your case ,. So if online still shows it's not approved that's what they'll tell you

If you want another confirmation talk to a tier 2 rep they'll  be able to confirm 

Congratulations on approval 😊😊😊

I'm so glad to hear that, thank you! 

Hope approvals keep on comin' for everyone else who is still waiting! 

Merve Özak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

How long before I receive the Welcome letter or email from NVC? I was approved from the January 12th and case updated online saying it was sent to DOS on January 16th and heard nothing from then. I sent 2 different emails inquiring if a # is assigned yet, but still no response. Feel like I'm going crazy being separated this long from my husband. Anniversary is coming up, oh gosh. If I call will they give me information on my petition, because Nebraska told me one time ago that my husband would have to call.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannac said:

How long before I receive the Welcome letter or email from NVC? I was approved from the January 12th and case updated online saying it was sent to DOS on January 16th and heard nothing from then. I sent 2 different emails inquiring if a # is assigned yet, but still no response. Feel like I'm going crazy being separated this long from my husband. Anniversary is coming up, oh gosh. If I call will they give me information on my petition, because Nebraska told me one time ago that my husband would have to call.

My case was received at NVC on 1/22 and sent DOS on 1/12.   I still haven't received the welcome letter via mail or email.  I called NVC on Thursday I got my case number and invoice number.  I would recommend calling them.  I called them every day last week I got it.  Be persistent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Steph&Bobo said:

My case was received at NVC on 1/22 and sent DOS on 1/12.   I still haven't received the welcome letter via mail or email.  I called NVC on Thursday I got my case number and invoice number.  I would recommend calling them.  I called them every day last week I got it.  Be persistent.

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Haiti
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Steph&Bobo said:

Please let me know when u get ur welcome package.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jenn2714 said:

Please let me know when u get ur welcome package.

I will and you do the same!  I hope this week so I can pay the fees and complete the AOS and immigrant visa app.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.