nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Khallaf said:

well NVC is closed today for some reason, and I know they haven't gotten my case and it was sent to DOS same day as yours was approved.

I was wondering about that myself. I Had to check and see if it was a holiday I forgot about. Seems strange that they were closed today..It's always something though

1 hour ago, ASMS said:

I just checked and today our case was sent to The Department of State! :jest:

case was sent to The Department of State!.png

Finally about time! Mine should be next hopefully in few days I got approved on Feb 1st. Good luck with urs! :jest:

1 hour ago, LHenry said:

I was wondering about that myself. I Had to check and see if it was a holiday I forgot about. Seems strange that they were closed today..It's always something though

Winter storm in the Northeast...I think New Hampshire got hit with a lot of snow. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question, please. So is that good to submit a letter from friends stating that they know the couple as married persons? and If so, how would be this letter? Is there some sample? Because I just want to make sure it seems legit like with signature, date, place and stuff...Thank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, I have a doubt. I was reading about the civil documents on the NVC website and there is a part which I don't understand, I mean it could be my text interpretation.  "...ll the documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations."

This part means that documents not written in English or in the official language of the country which I'm applying for a visa must be accompanied by a translation OR it is saying that the documents not written in English or not in the official language of the country I'm applying for a visa (Brazil - Portuguese) It would needs a translation?

1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

Also, I have a doubt. I was reading about the civil documents on the NVC website and there is a part which I don't understand, I mean it could be my text interpretation.  "...ll the documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations."

This part means that documents not written in English or in the official language of the country which I'm applying for a visa must be accompanied by a translation OR it is saying that the documents not written in English or not in the official language of the country I'm applying for a visa (Brazil - Portuguese) It would needs a translation?

Everything that is not English needs to be translated

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

1 hour ago, carlinhoswave said:

Hey guys, I have a question, please. So is that good to submit a letter from friends stating that they know the couple as married persons? and If so, how would be this letter? Is there some sample? Because I just want to make sure it seems legit like with signature, date, place and stuff...Thank you!!!

They aren't bad at least, but those letters make almost 0 difference, and if you want them to worth a little, they must be from US citizens.

just Google "affidavit of support of bonafide marriage".

Is just a letter that content statements about how this person knows/has been/witnessed/is aware of the relationship.

Make sure the person include, phone number, email, address. And at the end, the sign plus date and place of birth.

10 hours ago, Sundee said:

Yay!!!! Hope you’ve been collecting all your documents for NVC... 

I've been trying ^^. 2 days ago I requested my criminal records, but now I need to wait for my husband to prepare all his taxes.

9 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

Finally about time! Mine should be next hopefully in few days I got approved on Feb 1st. Good luck with urs! :jest:

Thank you deafguy72!

Sure it will, I hope you are next! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys, just an UPDATE 

I called NVC this morning and got my CASE # !!! Woohoo lol 

Case Approved Jan 4th ,   

Sent to DoS    on  Jan 16th 

NVC Received on  Jan 22nd 

Case # Received Feb 8th ( via phone ) 

1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

Case Approved Jan 4th ,   

great news! :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Case Approved Jan 4th ,   

Wow that's nice. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Any late June or July filer approved?

I saw a july 5 case got approved in a different group. I see you are a august filer same as me. Good luck 

20 hours ago, Blueberry23 said:

PD June 15, 2017.. still waiting 😖😪

Hope you get approved soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Case Approved Jan 4th ,   

Congratulations !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.