nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JustinS said:

That's sad considering. The tier 2 rep I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about my reasons. I would think getting out of Egypt is a much better reason.  I was told 5 days but "Don't call in 5, give us 15 before you do", so I guess I'll be calling at the end of next week. 

My wife and I were also considering of asking them to expediting our case, because my wife diagnosed with cancer last month, and I would like to be there with her for the treatment. But after doing my research it looks like our efforts would be in vein. So we just decided to wait it out.

1 minute ago, Eli01 said:

My wife and I were also considering of asking them to expediting our case, because my wife diagnosed with cancer last month, and I would like to be there with her for the treatment. But after doing my research it looks like our efforts would be in vein. So we just decided to wait it out.

I just wanted to say, I'm really sorry your wife has cancer. I wish her a fast recovery and that you guys get a  speedy process so you can be together. I would try expediting if I were you, the worst thing they can say is no. It is a very valid reason to expedite. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Eli01 said:

I am sorry to hear of your wife, I will give extra prayers for her speedy recovery. it can never hurt to try and expedite.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, acidrain said:

I post updates when the USCIS APP prompts my phone. The APP does not allow you to save cases or information so unfortunately I do not know when the RFE's or approvals occurred. Usually the person receives a text their online status has changed well before the rest of us find out about it.

I am also tracking  100+ cases on my USCIS case tracker app. , I refresh it every evening and can see which of those If any got update that day 

I am tracking cases from November to end of April dates 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, harsh2010 said:

I am also tracking  100+ cases on my USCIS case tracker app. , I refresh it every evening and can see which of those If any got update that day 

I am tracking cases from November to end of April dates 

can you tell me what app your using and how your tracking it please?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Eli01 said:

I am sorry to hear about your wife diagnosed with cancer , 

I would definitely try to expedite because I have seen few that got expedite approved for medical emergency reasons 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

can you tell me what app your using and how your tracking it please?

I am using USCIS Case Status app made by Aries Software Studio  from play store ( Android Phone ) 

In this I just do case look up of up to 20 at a time and if I find any i-130 cases and add to track case 

Took many days for me to get all these cases on tracked list , just guessing case numbers at start 

You can atart by typing your case number and add cases around yours to list first 

PM me if you need some help and I'll help you 

Edited by harsh2010

Timeline
2 hours ago, Eli01 said:

I am very sorry to hear your wife has cancer. My heart goes out to you.

I would encourage you to call USCIS ( 1-800-375-5283 ) and request to speak to a Tier 2 Supervisor. They normally call you back within a few hours. Explain your situation and if they agree your case should be expedited they will send a service request on your behalf to the Nebraska office.

Just be specific as to why you need to be there for your wife (transporting her to appointments, need for nursing care, shopping for groceries, etc). I have seen cases expedited for situations such as this. You should honestly try.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
7 hours ago, acidrain said:

I am very sorry to hear your wife has cancer. My heart goes out to you.

I would encourage you to call USCIS ( 1-800-375-5283 ) and request to speak to a Tier 2 Supervisor. They normally call you back within a few hours. Explain your situation and if they agree your case should be expedited they will send a service request on your behalf to the Nebraska office.

Just be specific as to why you need to be there for your wife (transporting her to appointments, need for nursing care, shopping for groceries, etc). I have seen cases expedited for situations such as this. You should honestly try.

Thank you for all your kind wishes. Yes I will be contacting them tomorrow to see if they will try to move it along.

How to get to tire 2 supervisor? When I call the customer service, they don’t want to transfer me to their supervisor. What should I ask? 

Also so can someone please share the shortcut to get to a live person after Calling?

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Eli01 said:

Thank you for all your kind wishes. Yes I will be contacting them tomorrow to see if they will try to move it along.

I was thinking another option may be to visit your spouse and do AOS (adjust status). My spouse's cousin (she is from Canada too) did this for her spouse who was having serious medical problems. They went through a lawyer to complete the process and had no issues. AOS is normally not recommended with intent but it has been done in extreme cases like this. I am pretty sure Tier 2 will file an expedite on your behalf though and those are normally handled within a couple weeks.

55 minutes ago, Adlsdk said:

How to get to tire 2 supervisor? When I call the customer service, they don’t want to transfer me to their supervisor. What should I ask? 

Also so can someone please share the shortcut to get to a live person after Calling?

When you call USCIS you request to be transferred to a Tier 2 supervisor. However, if you do not have a specific request they may not transfer you. USCIS goes by their website processing times so as of today if you do not have a NOA1 date of Jan 14 or earlier they will not complete a service request to expedite (unless you have another valid reason). You can request to talk to a supervisor to see if your case is approved but unfortunately they won't be able to assist more than that until the website is updated.

Case from today: NOA1 - March 2 - Columbia - Request for Additional Evidence

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 28/11/2017 at 7:02 PM, tcy said:

Hi Mrs khan. I think if you've lived in UAE before and  now are  currently living outside then I guess you'll have to personally go to UAE embassy in London and apply and request for one. That's one way but there might be other options. Anyways I just googled and found some information for you. Hope this helps you. Below is the link to that page. Please read through it and see if it assists you in someway 😊

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp

Thank you so much for your time and effort.  This really helps.  Thanks a bunch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, acidrain said:

I was thinking another option may be to visit your spouse and do AOS (adjust status). My spouse's cousin (she is from Canada too) did this for her spouse who was having serious medical problems. They went through a lawyer to complete the process and had no issues. AOS is normally not recommended with intent but it has been done in extreme cases like this. I am pretty sure Tier 2 will file an expedite on your behalf though and those are normally handled within a couple weeks.

When you call USCIS you request to be transferred to a Tier 2 supervisor. However, if you do not have a specific request they may not transfer you. USCIS goes by their website processing times so as of today if you do not have a NOA1 date of Jan 14 or earlier they will not complete a service request to expedite (unless you have another valid reason). You can request to talk to a supervisor to see if your case is approved but unfortunately they won't be able to assist more than that until the website is updated.

Case from today: NOA1 - March 2 - Columbia - Request for Additional Evidence

Do they normally get the RFE out the way first?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gegee said:

Do they normally get the RFE out the way first?

Yes, it's highly normal to see RFE's go out ahead of approvals. I think they use the triage system in which if anything is glaring they issue them. It's not to say people still cannot get a RFE as an officer examining the file may want more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.