88 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

I miss the North Carolina accent overall not to mention I have to get my sweet tea from Chick-fil-A.

Hey if you ever find yourself in Rocky Mount look me up and I'll take you out for a sweet tea and some waffle fries because of course Tarboro doesn't have one.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

Hey if you ever find yourself in Rocky Mount look me up and I'll take you out for a sweet tea and some waffle fries because of course Tarboro doesn't have one.

Lol. Gosh I was so happy when they opened it up literally walking distance from my house. I don't make sweet tea at home because I try to limit my intake of sugar because if it's in my house I'm going to drink it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Test drive before lease was AWESOME. 😂 This is a weird case. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Lol. Gosh I was so happy when they opened it up literally walking distance from my house. I don't make sweet tea at home because I try to limit my intake of sugar because if it's in my house I'm going to drink it.

I know the feeling man I eat less than 50 grams of carbs a day so I'm the guy in Chic-fil-a with a grilled chicken salad and diet Dr. Pepper drooling at every one else's breaded friend chicken and waffles fries with a little tear in my eye.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I know the feeling man I eat less than 50 grams of carbs a day so I'm the guy in Chic-fil-a with a grilled chicken salad and diet Dr. Pepper drooling at every one else's breaded friend chicken and waffles fries with a little tear in my eye.

I eat it once a week, the rest of time I eat a banana for breakfast. 

2 hours ago, LumbertJones said:

No test drive at all, it's bull

That is bs. What country is she from?

Edited by TBoneTX
to edit prohibited term from quote

Timeline
1 hour ago, LumbertJones said:

I entered into what I thought was a good faith marriage with a girl I actually loved. I thought we would be living together when she came here; but the moment she arrived she moved in with her sister. 

She now wants me to lie during our AoS interview to say that she does live with me.

I've only hung out with her a handful of times in the past 10 months which in itself is upsetting. She has made it clear that she will never live with me. She's totally in this for the G/C alone. 

It's crazy how quickly she changed after stepping foot on US soil. 

Any advice on what to do?

You can either write in to the USCIS office where her AOS is being processed or setup an InfoPass appointment. They'll need a signed, possibly notarized letter that you are withdrawing your I-864 with immediate effect, and that you are aware that this will result in her being out of status and possible deported if she cannot get another sponsor.

If you divorce her, she will have no legal cause for Adjustment and it will be denied, making her removable from the country since the K-1 cannot be extended or changed to another status. You will have to make USCIS aware of this, possibly through the same letter. Include the final divorce decree.

Now @LumbertJones I am no one to judge, but my friend, clearly things were good even when she was in her country. 

Hope you the best.

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I'm was trying not to be too crude lol. Sadly this is an all too common case here. Take a scroll around the family changes section if you haven't already and you will be blown away. Everything from people married 2 years with no sex to what to me is obviously scammers posing as the US citizen trying to figure out ways to desperately cling to their green card. When people think they have a chance at love it is like they throw common sense out the window.

Just dont see how a relationship can last that long doing that road....

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Timeline
2 hours ago, LumbertJones said:

No test drive at all, it's bull

I feel for you buddy, I really do. The reality is you have been had and it is time to cut your losses. I know it's probably hard on your pride to have to tell the USCIS that let alone your family and friends. However, you need to do what you have to to protect yourself moving forward. First check to see if you meet the requirements for anullment in your state(you most likely don't) if you don't go ahead and start the divorce process.

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove derogatory term from quote

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

First things first, pull your affidavit of support. If you don't, you can be held legally liable if she receives means tested benefits for years (depends on her and her work ethic). Besides if she really burned you that bad, you probably wouldn't mind wrecking her happily ever after like she did yours. No affidavit = no green card = bye bye (in theory). After you do that, than worry about getting a divorce. But be aware, if she figures out that she actually does need you, she might be willing to say or do whatever it takes to get you back or to make a VAWA claim stick. After you pull the affidavit, then file for divorce.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JR loves JR said:

First things first, pull your affidavit of support. If you don't, you can be held legally liable if she receives means tested benefits for years (depends on her and her work ethic). Besides if she really burned you that bad, you probably wouldn't mind wrecking her happily ever after like she did yours. No affidavit = no green card = bye bye (in theory). After you do that, than worry about getting a divorce. But be aware, if she figures out that she actually does need you, she might be willing to say or do whatever it takes to get you back or to make a VAWA claim stick. After you pull the affidavit, then file for divorce.

Yes and type the letter tonight and get it in the mail tomorrow. You didn't mention how long ago you filed but you said the interview would be soon and I would assume that means the interview being waved and her being approved could also be soon so time is not on your side.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That is bs. What country is she from?

The country she from is not really important, coz then you start to stereotype, there is good and bad pple in every country.

The guy just got a really raw deal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.