88 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, LumbertJones said:

I am still with her because I just learned yesterday that she won't live with me, ever.

Why did you think you were still with her after not living together for months? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Lol that made me laugh, sorry not trying to be mean. Yeah I have heard of it my brother spent a little bit of time over there with the state. I am from Greensboro myself, living in Los Angeles now, but moving to Sanford next month.

Don't worry I'm not offended. I've been on Edgecombe County my whole 29 years and unlike most I actually like it here. I've spent a lot of time up in Gibsonville though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

The way he made it sound they already had the date for interview lined up. 

If they don't have a date yet then pull the affidavit and let them know what's going on.

Yes hard to tell where exactly they are. If they do have an interview set up that is the best possible outcome. He can either not show up and sending a letter in or show up and tell them he was taken for a ride. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Lol that made me laugh, sorry not trying to be mean. Yeah I have heard of it my brother spent a little bit of time over there with the state. I am from Greensboro myself, living in Los Angeles now, but moving to Sanford next month.

I can top Tarboro. Have you ever heard of Yanceyville, NC? That's only about 30 miles from Greensboro. That's where my mom was from. Miss that Piedmont accent...lol   AND to make a further comment, I have a friend who lives in Rocky Mount, NC, who worked in Tarboro....small world, my friends....sorry I'm off the subject...

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LumbertJones said:

Hard to know, she said she would live with me early on, but I was in the process of finding a better apartment, perhaps to just keep me going and guessing until the green card was there.

I was under the delusion that someday things would magically work out :O)

Do you have an actual interview date? 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
3 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Why did you think you were still with her after not living together for months? 

It amazes me the number of people up here that have stories like this.

6 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

I can top Tarboro. Have you ever heard of Yanceyville, NC? That's only about 30 miles from Greensboro. That's where my mom was from. Miss that Piedmont accent...lol   AND to make a further comment, I have a friend who lives in Rocky Mount, NC, who worked in Tarboro....small world, my friends....sorry I'm off the subject...

Of course I've heard of Yanceyville. That's a cool coincidence I Live in Tarboro and work in Rocky Mount.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

Then pull the your affidavit of support. They don't always do an interview she can get the green card without you even knowing. She can do a change of address online and get the card sent to her sisters. 

Definitely whatever it takes. Send a letter, get an infopass, call, whatever it takes. You don't want anything to do with this.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Don't worry I'm not offended. I've been on Edgecombe County my whole 29 years and unlike most I actually like it here. I've spent a lot of time up in Gibsonville though.

1 minute ago, Love To Teach said:

Yeah I have been up there a time or two to Yanceyville. I love Edgecombe county I do because it's rural but not to rural to where my wife would crazy oh, and I have thought about moving there before to take a job with the state. Unfortunately my brother did not work in Tarboro the state was in charge of him at the facility down there.

I like Gibsonville I do I'm only a few miles away from there because I'm from Eastern Guilford County. I I love North Carolina and I can't wait to move back there my whole family is from there. If I tell you my last name you would know it's a North Carolina name.

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Definitely whatever it takes. Send a letter, get an infopass, call, whatever it takes. You don't want anything to do with this.

I would seriously take a day off of work to make sure everything is complete to make sure she could not adjust status.

18 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

I miss the North Carolina accent overall not to mention I have to get my sweet tea from Chick-fil-A out here in Los Angeles. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.