audacieux89

San Francisco, CA AOS

136 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, BiAdam said:

This is great news! My question goes to both of you: Was it a family based or employment based application?

Family for me (spouse). Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, patientguyinlove said:

@iwir SF seems a lot slower than most cities in the US by many months. I'm seeing lots of interviews/approvals for people that filed months after us.

At what point does this become a financial burden for everyone? 

SF is so slow and yes it has become a financial burden for us. We filed our I-485 October 23, 2019 along with the I-131 & I-765 My husbands combo card expired on February 9, 2021 and we never bothered to renew it because stupidly we thought by the time it was renewed he would have his green card.  WE were interviewed for his AOS on February 26, 2021, it's been almost one month and we still have no decision.  At our interview we told the Officer that my husband had been interviewed for a job and we were expecting good results. The next day he was offered the job... That wasw almost a month ago, today, no job, no Green card. SF is intolerably slow, it's extremely frustrating.

February 2, 2018    First meeting 🤝

May 15, 2018          Knew it was love💖

July, 10, 2018         Proposed 💍

July 10, 2018          He said "YES" 😍

July 27, 2018          Filed I-129F 📜

August 3, 2018       1st NOA received ⚖️

January 30, 2019   2nd NOA  received  ⚖️

March 4, 2019        NVC received 📧

May 3, 2019            Interview completed (No decision yet May 5, 2019) 🤞

May 8, 2019            Visa Issued ! 🎉

June 4, 2019           POE San Francisco! 🛬

July 17, 2019          Married!  👨‍❤️‍👨

San Francisco City Hall 🏛️

October 23,2019     Filed I-485, I-765, I-131⚖️✈️⚒️

February,11.2020    EAD/AP approved, card received ✈️⚒️

February 26,2021    AOS interview👨‍✈️ 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

April 7, 2021            AOS case status changed to : "Card ordered"  📬 📧

April 15, 2021          Green Card delivered  🟩 ✔️:dancing:

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

991   days from I-129F filing until Green card in hand    NO ATTORNEYS USED  :secret:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Are there any more members who got their interviews scheduled/completed in San Francisco recently? I'm still waiting. I applied in January 2020, my case is ready for an interview since March 4th, 2020. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 4/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, kers123 said:

Yes, having my interview tomorrow.

It’s great to hear that!

Would you mind sharing your PD and your interview experience?

My PD Is August 2020, Bio appt in Oakland Feb 12 2021, ready to schedule for interview since Feb 19 2021, EAD March 2021.

8 hours ago, PatrycjaEM said:

It’s great to hear that!

Would you mind sharing your PD and your interview experience?

My PD Is August 2020, Bio appt in Oakland Feb 12 2021, ready to schedule for interview since Feb 19 2021, EAD March 2021.

Sure! First of all, I got approved and the green card is on the way!

Very bad from our side was that we were extremely late. We lined up on the wrong side of the building, on the side of 444 Washington Street with a bunch of people that were already waiting there. My letter said 444 Washington Street, 2nd floor! 20 minutes we were waiting there in the sun with 15 people ahead of us and when it was our turn to chat with the security guard to enter, he said: 'you're at the wrong entrance, go around to the entrance on Sansome street'.

Freaking out at this point. We enter through Sansome Street and the security guards were really friendly. We took the elevator up to the second floor and gave my name and we were asked to sit down in the waiting area. Still freaking out about how late we were. We were called 2 minutes after by the officer and entered her office.

The interview itself was very decent, questions about our wedding and wedding date. If my husband has met my parents, stuff like that. She asked me around 10 of those yes/no questions. I gave her all the documents I had, pictures, bank statements even though she did not explicitly asked for particular documents. She told me she will review the documents and 1.5 hour later after we left the status changed to card in production. This was 4/15. Today is 4/21 and it says the card is mailed to me, haven't received it yet.

Timeline
14 hours ago, kers123 said:

Sure! First of all, I got approved and the green card is on the way!

Very bad from our side was that we were extremely late. We lined up on the wrong side of the building, on the side of 444 Washington Street with a bunch of people that were already waiting there. My letter said 444 Washington Street, 2nd floor! 20 minutes we were waiting there in the sun with 15 people ahead of us and when it was our turn to chat with the security guard to enter, he said: 'you're at the wrong entrance, go around to the entrance on Sansome street'.

Freaking out at this point. We enter through Sansome Street and the security guards were really friendly. We took the elevator up to the second floor and gave my name and we were asked to sit down in the waiting area. Still freaking out about how late we were. We were called 2 minutes after by the officer and entered her office.

The interview itself was very decent, questions about our wedding and wedding date. If my husband has met my parents, stuff like that. She asked me around 10 of those yes/no questions. I gave her all the documents I had, pictures, bank statements even though she did not explicitly asked for particular documents. She told me she will review the documents and 1.5 hour later after we left the status changed to card in production. This was 4/15. Today is 4/21 and it says the card is mailed to me, haven't received it yet.

Wow I can't believe you were misled like that! This is a great insight, thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello again everyone! Did anyone receive an interview date since the last check in April? 

Our timeline:

NOA1 Notice date: January 13, 2020
Biometrics Appointment: February 5, 2020
Biometrics Applied to EAD and AOS: February 7, 2020
Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: March 4, 2020
Address Change -  Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: December 21, 2020

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My wife has an interview scheduled for 7/21. We failed AOS in December of 2019.

I have a question - has anybody been asked for I-693 during green card interview at San Francisco office? We are wondering whether my wife needs to do a medical exam before her appointment and there are a lot of conflicting opinions regarding this. She applied for AOS as K1 visa holder and it's been more than a year from her medical exam (we applied for AOS just after her medical exam took place).

On 7/14/2021 at 5:42 AM, SleepyRabbit said:

We are wondering whether my wife needs to do a medical exam before her appointment and there are a lot of conflicting opinions regarding this. She applied for AOS as K1 visa holder and it's been more than a year from her medical exam (we applied for AOS just after her medical exam took place).

Re: time since K1 medical -- what matters is that the I-485 was filed within 1 year of your wife's medical exam.  Does she have a copy of her DS-3025 form?  If her DS-3025 states that she completed the required vaccinations, then no need for another medical and an I-693.  For extra peace of mind, print the relevant section on page 8 of the I-693 instructions and bring to the interview, in case the USCIS officer forgets about that rule -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-693instr.pdf

On 7/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, SleepyRabbit said:

My wife has an interview scheduled for 7/21. We failed AOS in December of 2019.

I have a question - has anybody been asked for I-693 during green card interview at San Francisco office? We are wondering whether my wife needs to do a medical exam before her appointment and there are a lot of conflicting opinions regarding this. She applied for AOS as K1 visa holder and it's been more than a year from her medical exam (we applied for AOS just after her medical exam took place).

The medical form for vaccination is only valid for a year. My parents interview was canceled because the interview was set after 1 year and the I-693 was no longer valid. Their interview got re-scheduled and they took a new I-693 on the day of the interview. So if your I-693 is more than 1 year from the date you submitted, you’re gonna a need a new one to show it to the interview officer.

19 minutes ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

The medical form for vaccination is only valid for a year. My parents interview was canceled because the interview was set after 1 year and the I-693 was no longer valid. Their interview got re-scheduled and they took a new I-693 on the day of the interview. So if your I-693 is more than 1 year from the date you submitted, you’re gonna a need a new one to show it to the interview officer.

That's not the case for those adjusting status from K1.  I assume your parents entered the US with B visas, not K1 visas.  Different situation from @SleepyRabbit's wife who applied for AOS from K1.  AOS applicants who were K1 visa holders typically do not need an I-693 at all.  Their DS-3025 form will remain valid however long it takes for the AOS interview to be scheduled, as long as their I-485 was filed within 1 year of the K1 medical exam.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Any recent updates adjusting from K1 in SF field office? I´ve seen people getting an interview notice that have their PD in 2021. My PD is July 2020 and my case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since December 2020. I'm so worried something is wrong and my application was lost or something. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, LaraAndEric said:

Any recent updates adjusting from K1 in SF field office? I´ve seen people getting an interview notice that have their PD in 2021. My PD is July 2020 and my case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since December 2020. I'm so worried something is wrong and my application was lost or something. 

What does "PD" stand for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.