Kirenia

Cuba embassy situacion

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there is already someone here who already has an interview scheduled in Bogota for the k1 visa.

thank you all and excuse my english.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Kirenia. I received an email this morning from NVC stating that everything was being transferred to Bogota and that if we didn't have a interview scheduled before things changed that they would notify us on next steps. I think things are still up in the air and no one has an interview date yet.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 minutes ago, CubaAndChill said:

Hi Kirenia. I received an email this morning from NVC stating that everything was being transferred to Bogota and that if we didn't have a interview scheduled before things changed that they would notify us on next steps. I think things are still up in the air and no one has an interview date yet.

This situation is very frustrating ☹hopefully everything returns to normal. thank you very much.

We are also waiting to be interviewed in Bogota. No details still, and it is advised not to pay fees to Habana, as fees are not transferable to other embassies. 

I spoke to NVC twice this week, and was told our K-1 visa is non-immigrant and no decision has been made yet. It is not, it is an immigrant class visa. The U.S. embassy in Habana replied to my email advising that all K-1 immigrant visas are automatically routed to Bogota, but no decision has been made as to how the process will unfold. 

Lots of waiting.....

Timeline

I haven’t began my process yet, I’m going to send our fiancé petition in January. It’s so unfair that this is happening to all of you. I’ll be going through the same, hoping that I can choose an embassy instead of it being automatically transferred to Colombia. It’s a huge inconvenience, and so discouraging, to have to pay even more money and not being sure of what decision they’re going to take. Does anyone know what does the Cuban resident need to obtain a visa to travel to Colombia ?

Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 3:40 PM, Luisa_eris said:

I haven’t began my process yet, I’m going to send our fiancé petition in January. It’s so unfair that this is happening to all of you. I’ll be going through the same, hoping that I can choose an embassy instead of it being automatically transferred to Colombia. It’s a huge inconvenience, and so discouraging, to have to pay even more money and not being sure of what decision they’re going to take. Does anyone know what does the Cuban resident need to obtain a visa to travel to Colombia ?

They will need to apply for the visa and then take the interview letter from Bogota and to the Colombian Embassy in Cuba to try to get a visa.

K-1 Visa

03/24/17 - Check cashed

12/04/17 - Medical

01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Timeline
On 11/13/2017 at 5:48 PM, CubaAndChill said:

I received an email this morning from NVC stating that everything was being transferred to Bogota and that if we didn't have a interview scheduled before things changed that they would notify us on next steps. I think things are still up in the air and no one has an interview date yet.

Do you mind pasting the content of the email into this thread? (with your personal details removed of course)

Curious to see exactly what they are communicating.

Thanks!

Sarah

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

Timeline
15 hours ago, SazKap said:

Do you mind pasting the content of the email into this thread? (with your personal details removed of course)

Curious to see exactly what they are communicating.

Thanks!

Sarah

Sure, no problem... I do believe that their starting to transfer the cases to Colombia as one of the other posters on the forum got a letter from NVC stating it was transferred and she was able to schedule the interview for later on in December.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: HAVXXXXX filed by XXXXX on behalf of XXXXX.

Due to the suspension of immigrant visa services at the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba, the U.S. Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia to process immigrant visas for the residents of Cuba.

At this time, we are determining when we can begin scheduling Cuban applicants for interviews at Embassy Bogota. If NVC has not scheduled your case at Embassy Havana, they will schedule your visa interview at Embassy Bogota. NVC will send you, your petitioner, and your agent/attorney (if applicable) an email or letter noting the interview location, date, and time.

Please contact NVC through our website https://nvc.state.gov/ask to request an updated status.

If Your Case Has Been Sent to U.S. Embassy Havana and You Have NOT Been Interviewed:

You will be contacted with further instructions in the future.

If You Have Already Been Interviewed:

If you were already interviewed, you will be contacted by U.S. Embassy Havana with further instructions in the near future.

If USCIS has Not yet Approved your Petition(s):

Please contact USCIS at one of the contact points below to obtain your updated status.

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

Case Number:                  HAVXXXXX

Petitioner's Name:            XXXXX

Principal Applicant's Name:   XXXXX

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:          XXXXX

Foreign State Chargeability:  CUBA

U. S. EMBASSY

CARRERA 45 NO. 24B-27

BOGOTA, D.C.

COLOMBIA

ARIA

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Federal, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

K-1 Visa

03/24/17 - Check cashed

12/04/17 - Medical

01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Timeline

oh wow, ok tha'

6 hours ago, CubaAndChill said:

I do believe that their starting to transfer the cases to Colombia

Well, that's certainly good news! And thanks for sharing the letter!

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

Timeline

We were originally scheduled for an interview on September 15th. First Irma, then the shutdown. They say they have transferred the cases back to NVC, but NVC is not yet scheduling (as of Friday), or if they are, they are not doing them in any particular order. Maybe we will hear something soon, but this is frustrating and expensive. 
I have inquired with both Havana and Bogota, and neither is saying what the time frame is for rescheduling of previously scheduled IV Interviews. NVC is not saying either. On the website, it states that they will make the first interviews available "No sooner than November 2017" and we are now into December. Hopefully, that means there will be movement soon. All we can do is wait and hope the medicals and documents don't expire before it is time to travel and that Colombia makes it easy for Cubans to travel there for the interviews. 

We're all in the same boat here. I think it is important to keep calling the NVC as often as possible to keep the collective pressure up for them to schedule. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 11/15/2017 at 9:46 AM, Marianatomas said:

We are also waiting to be interviewed in Bogota. No details still, and it is advised not to pay fees to Habana, as fees are not transferable to other embassies. 

I spoke to NVC twice this week, and was told our K-1 visa is non-immigrant and no decision has been made yet. It is not, it is an immigrant class visa. The U.S. embassy in Habana replied to my email advising that all K-1 immigrant visas are automatically routed to Bogota, but no decision has been made as to how the process will unfold. 

Lots of waiting.....

Good Morning 

Hope you are doing well.

Are you still waiting to get an interview in Bogota ? Did you received any news after starting New Year 2018 about it? I am looking all over VJ members and I do not see any Cubans on board for the interview  in Bogota? I started a topic ( Cubans , Interview , Bogota)  on my timeline to get information and learn from other experiences but so far I have not get any feedback. 

Thank you.

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

Timeline
On 11/28/2017 at 9:12 AM, CubaAndChill said:

Sure, no problem... I do believe that their starting to transfer the cases to Colombia as one of the other posters on the forum got a letter from NVC stating it was transferred and she was able to schedule the interview for later on in December.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: HAVXXXXX filed by XXXXX on behalf of XXXXX.

Due to the suspension of immigrant visa services at the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba, the U.S. Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia to process immigrant visas for the residents of Cuba.

At this time, we are determining when we can begin scheduling Cuban applicants for interviews at Embassy Bogota. If NVC has not scheduled your case at Embassy Havana, they will schedule your visa interview at Embassy Bogota. NVC will send you, your petitioner, and your agent/attorney (if applicable) an email or letter noting the interview location, date, and time.

Please contact NVC through our website https://nvc.state.gov/ask to request an updated status.

If Your Case Has Been Sent to U.S. Embassy Havana and You Have NOT Been Interviewed:

You will be contacted with further instructions in the future.

If You Have Already Been Interviewed:

If you were already interviewed, you will be contacted by U.S. Embassy Havana with further instructions in the near future.

If USCIS has Not yet Approved your Petition(s):

Please contact USCIS at one of the contact points below to obtain your updated status.

Telephone: 1-800-375-5283

Case Number:                  HAVXXXXX

Petitioner's Name:            XXXXX

Principal Applicant's Name:   XXXXX

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:          XXXXX

Foreign State Chargeability:  CUBA

U. S. EMBASSY

CARRERA 45 NO. 24B-27

BOGOTA, D.C.

COLOMBIA

ARIA

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Federal, Support Contractor

asknvc@state.gov

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Good Morning CubaandChill

Did you receive any update from NVC after this email that you posted above? I am trying to follow a thread about Cubans Interview in Bogota and I did not find anyone on board yet at least here in VJ website. Did you  schedule the interview already??? I also heard Cubans have to get the medical exams done in Bogota ,  omg I think Cubans have to be in Bogota more time than expected to. They also need to wait for the Visa  after the interview and I do not know if they can pick up it at the Embassy or if the can get it through DHL.  Well hope you get the interview already is time consuming to get everything done and just be waiting for them to get this interview set up to bring your love ones  here. Thank you.

Timeline
On 12/2/2017 at 2:27 PM, VeredAK said:

We were originally scheduled for an interview on September 15th. First Irma, then the shutdown. They say they have transferred the cases back to NVC, but NVC is not yet scheduling (as of Friday), or if they are, they are not doing them in any particular order. Maybe we will hear something soon, but this is frustrating and expensive. 
I have inquired with both Havana and Bogota, and neither is saying what the time frame is for rescheduling of previously scheduled IV Interviews. NVC is not saying either. On the website, it states that they will make the first interviews available "No sooner than November 2017" and we are now into December. Hopefully, that means there will be movement soon. All we can do is wait and hope the medicals and documents don't expire before it is time to travel and that Colombia makes it easy for Cubans to travel there for the interviews. 

We're all in the same boat here. I think it is important to keep calling the NVC as often as possible to keep the collective pressure up for them to schedule. 

Good Morning VeredAK

Hope you are doing well.  I am so sorry you are having this situation:(. Stay still you are almost done. You will see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon. 

We are also Cubans. I am trying to follow a thread about the interview in Bogota and searching for those VJ members that are trying to get it done. Did you receive already any update about this interview situation? I was told that on January 2018 they will start the Cubans interviews in Bogota Embassy . Did you get something new from NVC?  Thank you.  

Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 4:40 PM, Luisa_eris said:

Good Morning

I was born in Cuba and I am tying to bring my husband to U.S.

Cuban residents need to obtain a Visa to travel to any country. There are only 6 or 8 countries if I recall well that do not require a visa from Cubans to visit them.

It happens because many Cubans try to migrate outside Cuba once they have a chance to flight outside the island. Many try to take advantage of laws that allow them to stay out of Cuba so they can improve their  economic and life situation. Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.