NkemEmeka

NAA (North American Air)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be taking North American Airlines next month to Lagos. Has anyone taking it and is there any problems such as canceled flight? Do they serve half way decent food or what kinds of food/beverages they serve? Any special rules? I would appreciate the feedback. As most probably know that I have finished the visa journey process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have used NAA and my husband did when he came here. I did not mind it at all, to me I was happy to not have to change planes in Europe and cut much travel time off of the trip. My husband was not really happy with the food "it was rubish", I usually sleep when I fly so I did not care about the rubish food. Flew KLM once, I was 5 hours late!!! I can tell you there were alot of happy Nigerians on my plane with NAA. We actually landed about 45 minutes early in Lagos. I have flown to Nigeria 3 times now with 3 different airlines, I will chose NAA for our next trip, I like the non-stop service! Have a great trip!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I have used NAA and my husband did when he came here. I did not mind it at all, to me I was happy to not have to change planes in Europe and cut much travel time off of the trip. My husband was not really happy with the food "it was rubish", I usually sleep when I fly so I did not care about the rubish food. Flew KLM once, I was 5 hours late!!! I can tell you there were alot of happy Nigerians on my plane with NAA. We actually landed about 45 minutes early in Lagos. I have flown to Nigeria 3 times now with 3 different airlines, I will chose NAA for our next trip, I like the non-stop service! Have a great trip!

As I also heard about NAA, they have no counter in Lagos for NAA since its fairly new. How do we check in the luggage? My husband & I are coming back together and need to know what time do we need to check in by? My flight is at 1:30am. Could it be possible that we can check in at midnight and be safe. My husband & I like to get some sleep before my flight as I have a difficult time sleeping on a plane. I hear they have great customer service, do they have movies where I can be entertained on my flight.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As I also heard about NAA, they have no counter in Lagos for NAA since its fairly new. How do we check in the luggage? My husband & I are coming back together and need to know what time do we need to check in by? My flight is at 1:30am. Could it be possible that we can check in at midnight and be safe. My husband & I like to get some sleep before my flight as I have a difficult time sleeping on a plane. I hear they have great customer service, do they have movies where I can be entertained on my flight.

As the previous post indicated, NAA is much better than any other options considering the time you will be saving by not going through Europe. The total time of direct flight to Lagos was about 11 hours inbound and 10.5 hours outbound. The food served was not up to par compared to other well established airlines and the entertainment was not much to write about. Although, the programs/music were geared toward promoting Africa which is a good thing and refreshing…….added valued service. However, the plane was packed full of all sorts of characters...... actually, a mate had a few too many spirits that he actually passed out in the aisle on his way back from the lavatory…..he spilled his drink on a few folks in the vicinity. The scheduled arrival time was met promptly. Although, a friend that had travel a week b/4 me did experienced significant delay. They had to pass the night at a hotel. Of course NAA picked up the tabs for the rooms. Root cause of the delay was mechanical which had to fixed b/4 the plane was allowed to take off. It is true that they do not have their own counter at the airport but this did not negatively impact checking in of baggages. My return flight was scheduled for 1:30 A.M and I was told to arrive at the airport by 10:00 P.M in order not to miss my plane…. earlier in the week when I called their Lagos office to reconfirm my returned flight. Well, I arrived at Muritala Mohammed Airport by 9:30 P.M and to my surprise, the check-in counter queue for NAA was already backed up. I did not make it to the front of the counter until 12:30 A.M. In short, it took 3 hours to check in. my thoughts to you is to plan on arriving earlier than what you mentioned above or be prepared to drop a few more coins for missing your scheduled flight. Suffice to say, I will continue to travel with NAA as long as the big bird does not fall from the sky. I have had enough of the 4 to 7 hours of being cooped up in a European airport for a connecting flight to Lagos. Also, the service they provide to the African destinations has continued to suffer over the years. Sorry it was a long post.

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband used NAA to fly from Ghana to the US. His flight took off on time, and then landed back in Ghana an hour later. They said they had a problem with the plane, and they would be delayed in Ghana. He was supposed to come on Dec 20, and ended up getting here on Dec 25 when they could finally get a plane to take everyone. They did put them in a nice hotel, but they did not tell them exactly when they would be leaving and left everyone in limbo. They were supposed to give them phone cards, and they didn't until I kept calling and two days later they didn't want to hear from me anymore. I've also heard from other Ghanaians that their service is getting progressively worse. The only thing that is nice is that you don't have to transfer in Europe.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HELLO ALL! Well last year when I Went to Naija I caught NAA and had no problems. I am one who likes to get on a plane and just get off where I want no stops. Well as most said, the music was ok, entertainment so so as for movies. I slept most of time since I had to get used to plane and being on one 10 hrs.. :wacko:

No was it me or do the others who use it, have a quark with them showing how worms get in water in Ghana and they wanted you to donate to help clean the systems....OK fine :o but my problem..WHY SHOW ME THAT FILM EVERYTIME BEFORE DINNER!!! :( and yeah the food not all that..but the Stewardess were very nice, came when I needed help..so I cant complain cept for that worm film before meals.

Anyway I am going myself next month around the 12th of June and Im going back to NAA and closing my eyes if i see that film coming on again.. :D

"

LADY VICTOR

"

"If I live to please anyone other than Christ..Am I truly living?"

.png

Til my journey to Lagos, Nigeria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.