Sarah66

Evidence of Meeting - Peer Review

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance has now returned to the States after 4 months with me in the UK - totally gutted! However K1 visa application is now drafted, pack made up and is in Kentucky with him now awaiting my divorce decree (should be here next week). In the meantime, I would appreciate some of your experienced brains' views on my evidence of meeting. Background: We met online as pen pals and he's been living with me for last 4 months in the UK. I've included:

• T&Cs of pen pals site
  • Email from him to me just before he got here anticipating arrival etc. (Should I have more email/Skype records?)
  • His flight itinerary here and back (return date moved from December to November as he's been offered a job starting Monday)
  • Photocopy of his passport showing entry into UK on 29th June
  • Hotel booking down in Cheltenham for my Dad's wedding - in my name though
  • Cottage booking for week's holiday in Cornwall - in my name though
  • Loads of photos of us round the UK on holiday including an official (stamped on the back) photo of us at my Dad's wedding
  • Car insurance document showing him on my policy as additional driver
  • My flight itinerary of visit in December 2017 for 2 weeks (on going relationship?)

Do people think this is sufficient? Thanks in advance for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looks like gross overkill.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Post moved from K1 Process to Case Filing & Progress Reports where similar posts are discussed.

It's quite enough.

Be sure to visit the regional forums for the interview stage, as the UK embassy tends to be a lot different than others in terms of what you will have to show them and such.

1 hour ago, Sarah66 said:

My fiance has now returned to the States after 4 months with me in the UK - totally gutted! However K1 visa application is now drafted, pack made up and is in Kentucky with him now awaiting my divorce decree (should be here next week). In the meantime, I would appreciate some of your experienced brains' views on my evidence of meeting. Background: We met online as pen pals and he's been living with me for last 4 months in the UK. I've included:

• T&Cs of pen pals site
  • Email from him to me just before he got here anticipating arrival etc. (Should I have more email/Skype records?)
  • His flight itinerary here and back (return date moved from December to November as he's been offered a job starting Monday)
  • Photocopy of his passport showing entry into UK on 29th June
  • Hotel booking down in Cheltenham for my Dad's wedding - in my name though
  • Cottage booking for week's holiday in Cornwall - in my name though
  • Loads of photos of us round the UK on holiday including an official (stamped on the back) photo of us at my Dad's wedding
  • Car insurance document showing him on my policy as additional driver
  • My flight itinerary of visit in December 2017 for 2 weeks (on going relationship?)

Do people think this is sufficient? Thanks in advance for your help.

T&Cs - Good

Passport with stamps - good

Don't do more than 10 to 15 photos and try to show both of you with family

The rest is not really proof of anything.  Printed itineraries dont prove meeting.  Either do hotel bookings.  Keep it simple and clean.

The photos (don't overdo it), passport stamp and a good description of how you met are all that is truly required at this point.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Marcelina said:

I would skip the flight internary for December -  with pictures and flight tickets its perfect as ongoing relationship proof during the interview :D 

Thanks. By interview I'll have visited once or possibly twice so will have lots of additional proofs by then. 

5 minutes ago, Sarah66 said:

Thanks. By interview I'll have visited once or possibly twice so will have lots of additional proofs by then. 

Perfect.  You don't need to go overboard in the petition.  You should have enough to prove you met and it is a real relationship.  Pictures with family is perfect along with the passport stamp.  Copy EVERY page of the passport, not just the stamp.  It has to be tied to the biographic page.  Just 10 to 15 pictures with names, dates and descriptions is perfect.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Perfect.  You don't need to go overboard in the petition.  You should have enough to prove you met and it is a real relationship.  Pictures with family are perfect along with the passport stamp.  Copy EVERY page of the passport, not just the stamp.  It has to be tied to the biographic page.  Just 10 to 15 pictures with names, dates and descriptions is perfect.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I agree with the picture recommendations, don't send to many, but remember descriptions of who is in the pictures, date, and location. 
I would also include more e-mails, and Skype records. In my e-mail i did a name search of my fiances name, and a list of all e-mails we have send to each other came up. I think this can be useful at least for longer relationships, as you can provide more of a overview of communication this way.  
Skype records (at least on my account) are not permanent, so if you have not been keeping screen shots already, you will only have a two month record on there, and I would recommend sending some screen shots of that record.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Perfect.  You don't need to go overboard in the petition.  You should have enough to prove you met and it is a real relationship.  Pictures with family is perfect along with the passport stamp.  Copy EVERY page of the passport, not just the stamp.  It has to be tied to the biographic page.  Just 10 to 15 pictures with names, dates and descriptions is perfect.  

Why don`t you think "the more the better" when it comes to photos? If they done lot of exciting things together, why not?

I have traveled with my wife to 40 different countries and I think I will add 1 photo of each country to my updated NVC stage.

Why just 10 to 15 if they did lot of stuff together?

5 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Why don`t you think "the more the better" when it comes to photos? If they done lot of exciting things together, why not?

I have traveled with my wife to 40 different countries and I think I will add 1 photo of each country to my updated NVC stage.

Why just 10 to 15 if they did lot of stuff together?

There is a point of diminishing returns. They are trained to look for fake relationships and sending dozens or hundreds of pictures raises red flags. They will not look at all of them but they do have to scan them all. The service I used to help me explained that too many pictures raises red flags as they believe you are trying too hard. You can have more at the interview but all you need to do with the petition is establish the relationship. 

The interview is is different from the petition. The petition just establishes the relationship. The rest can come later at the interview. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
17 hours ago, John & Rose said:

There is a point of diminishing returns. They are trained to look for fake relationships and sending dozens or hundreds of pictures raises red flags. They will not look at all of them but they do have to scan them all. The service I used to help me explained that too many pictures raises red flags as they believe you are trying too hard. You can have more at the interview but all you need to do with the petition is establish the relationship. 

The interview is is different from the petition. The petition just establishes the relationship. The rest can come later at the interview. 

Did you use Visacoach? He is very much active in Asia?

Edited by Michael2017

Just now, Michael2017 said:

Did you use Visacoach? He is very much active in Asia?

I used Rapidvisa. So far I am very happy with their service. They are the one who told me how many pictures to use and what they should be of. They also had me add additional information before they would send in the petition. I’m not far enough along to see if it was successful or not but they do have a very good success rate. We will see. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I used Rapidvisa. So far I am very happy with their service. They are the one who told me how many pictures to use and what they should be of. They also had me add additional information before they would send in the petition. I’m not far enough along to see if it was successful or not but they do have a very good success rate. We will see. 

Good luck! I used visacoach. Still waiting for NO2, so I cant report success yet too. He included about 20 photos in the I-130.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.