Amica Nostra

Bump stock maker resumes sales 1 month after Las Vegas

33 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Never said they would.  Just pointing out the fallacy of your comment.

Where's the fallacy? You agree that both vehicles and guns are regulated, so what problem do you have with banning bump stocks?

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tahoma said:

Where's the fallacy? You agree that both vehicles and guns are regulated, so what problem do you have with banning bump stocks?

You didn’t say guns were regulated, I did.  So we were not in agreement.  I pointed out that guns are already regulated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

You didn’t say guns were regulated, I did.  So we were not in agreement.  I pointed out that guns are already regulated.

Are we in agreement that bumpstocks are a workaround for the ban on Machine Guns and should be restricted?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

20 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

OK, I'll make it even simpler.  Just like vehicles, guns should be subject to further regulation.  Bump stocks are a good example of this.  Unfortunately, there is a vocal minority of Americans, including some in this forum, who won't give an inch on this issue. Do you think bump stocks should be banned?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/2/2017 at 12:40 PM, CaliCat said:

37cd4501bc27284f4ffbbeccf0df4c12--libera

Lol! Thats the way you libs think conservatives think but it couldn't be further from the truth. Hiw about this:

-Welfare abuse is rampant so let's fix it.

-A few abuse guns but we should all reserve the right to own or not own one ( or 100 if we feel like it). 

That's closer to what the majority of conservatives think

5 hours ago, Tahoma said:

OK, I'll make it even simpler.  Just like vehicles, guns should be subject to further regulation.  Bump stocks are a good example of this.  Unfortunately, there is a vocal minority of Americans, including some in this forum, who won't give an inch on this issue. Do you think bump stocks should be banned?

Just like I said on the night of the Vegas shooting, yes, they should be restricted as machine guns are.  They serve no practical purpose other than spraying lead faster.

I think I also pointed out the fact that a bump stock is not really needed to achieve a high rate of fire with a semi-automatic weapon.  Their restriction would not have stopped the Vegas shooting, nor will it reduce future gun murders.

6 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Are we in agreement that bumpstocks are a workaround for the ban on Machine Guns and should be restricted?

I wouldn't go that far. Bump stocks and machine guns are two very different things. I will say though I really don't care that much about bump stocks because they are very ineffective. What most people who have never shot a gun and would have urine running down their leg if they ever saw a real one don't realize is a semi automatic can be far more lethal and accurate than an automatic rifle while using less ammo so banning machine guns is really a joke on that level and because of the fact that criminals could care less what the law says. Go ahead and ban bump stocks liberals. I do wonder when were gonna start banning trucks or parts of trucks that can kill people though. We could start with those deadly bumpers. Especially the chrome ones.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

15 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I wouldn't go that far. Bump stocks and machine guns are two very different things. I will say though I really don't care that much about bump stocks because they are very ineffective. What most people who have never shot a gun and would have urine running down their leg if they ever saw a real one don't realize is a semi automatic can be far more lethal and accurate than an automatic rifle while using less ammo so banning machine guns is really a joke on that level and because of the fact that criminals could care less what the law says. Go ahead and ban bump stocks liberals. I do wonder when were gonna start banning trucks or parts of trucks that can kill people though. We could start with those deadly bumpers. Especially the chrome ones.

Don’t forget the oh-so-deadly electric vehicles.  You never hear them coming!

But seriously... a few of us know how much drama is in this situation.   Single-fire would have killed a LOT more people than that guy did.  Add a suppressor to the gun, and he could have easily killed 100-150 people before anyone realized he was even shooting.  That’s why the military doesn’t issue automatic weapons to soldiers.  3-round burst at most.  Machine guns are meant to keep people’s heads down.

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 7:59 PM, IDWAF said:

But seriously... a few of us know how much drama is in this situation.   Single-fire would have killed a LOT more people than that guy did.  Add a suppressor to the gun, and he could have easily killed 100-150 people before anyone realized he was even shooting.  That’s why the military doesn’t issue automatic weapons to soldiers.  3-round burst at most.  Machine guns are meant to keep people’s heads down.

But somehow, morons in this country believe they should have them, because you never know when the boogie man will come to your front door and you'll just need to spray the neighborhood with some hot lead.

Just now, CaliCat said:

But somehow, morons in this country believe they should have them, because you never know when the boogie man will come to your front door and you'll just need to spray the neighborhood with some hot lead.

Meh.  A handful of people with too much money to burn own a few machine guns in the US.  Nothing you’d ever have to worry about.  They are far too restricted and far too expensive for 99,9% of the population to buy one.

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 4:59 PM, IDWAF said:

I thought you understood weapons

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

7 hours ago, CaliCat said:

A few collectors have very expensive machine guns which require special permits and extensive background checks but other than that no one else can legally own a machine gun. Nice try though. Do you even know what a machine gun is?

Timeline
6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

A few collectors have very expensive machine guns which require special permits and extensive background checks but other than that no one else can legally own a machine gun. Nice try though. Do you even know what a machine gun is?

I think everyone here knows the difference between machine guns and semi automatic weapons. We are also aware that machine guns have been heavily regulated since the Roosevelt era.

I have actually held and discharged (I won't say shot because that would imply I had  some measure of aim with it )a vintage machine gun that belonged to a friend in FonDuLac WI and appreciate it's power and danger. Nothing like a SLR in the slightest.

I have never heard of bumpstocks prior to Las Vegas, if it is a fraction of the firepower of a machine gun we need to look at regulation quick.

Edited by Il Mango Dulce

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

1 hour ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

I think everyone here knows the difference between machine guns and semi automatic weapons. We are also aware that machine guns have been heavily regulated since the Roosevelt era.

I have actually held and discharged (I won't say shot because that would imply I had  some measure of aim with it )a vintage machine gun that belonged to a friend in FonDuLac WI and appreciate it's power and danger. Nothing like a SLR in the slightest.

I have never heard of bumpstocks prior to Las Vegas, if it is a fraction of the firepower of a machine gun we need to look at regulation quick.

Small world. I used to live in Fond Du Lac.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

13731673_1377322179026630_91253548268491

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”