kccb

I-130 November 2017 Filers

1,222 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First time making comments. 

I130 Sent - Nov 13 2017 
NOA1 Date - Nov 17 2017 (Slowbraska)

I also check Visa Journey often sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, any comments or discussions are "Extremely" helpful. Lately I have been checking only the new website. Today after reading some comments under Nov 2017 I130 filers in Nebraska, I checked my timeline and my timeline was May 30th to June 1st . I checked the new website, then the old website, put in my receipt number and sure enough there was something new. (I gave up on the old website)

It said "On June 1, 2018, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by July 1, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." 

I'm not to happy it doesn't show it is approved but I know it is something minor because I know I double or triple checked everything before the Application was sent. We will see. I was starting to think it was in some kind of black hole or something. No email received yet. I don't use the text method of communicating. (I know thats weird, but I don't). If I remember correctly after receiving and mailing back what's missing it takes about 2 weeks more ? maybe longer. Does anyone know the answer, on how much more time it takes if you receive a RFE ?

No matter how you look at it, at least the application is moving somewhere. When we called USCIS about a week ago the agent said it could take 9 to 11 months from Nov 17th to receive something. 

I will keep timeline updated and also provide info on any progress. Good luck everyone. Any comments would be appreciated.

Edited by Kat & Jim

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kat & Jim said:

First time making comments. 

I130 Sent - Nov 13 2017 
NOA1 Date - Nov 17 2017 (Slowbraska)

I also check Visa Journey often sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, any comments or discussions are "Extremely" helpful. Lately I have been checking only the new website. Today after reading some comments under Nov 2017 I130 filers in Nebraska, I checked my timeline and my timeline was May 30th to June 1st . I checked the new website, then the old website, put in my receipt number and sure enough there was something new. (I gave up on the old website)

It said "On June 1, 2018, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by July 1, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." 

I'm not to happy it doesn't show it is approved but I know it is something minor because I know I double or triple checked everything before the Application was sent. We will see. I was starting to think it was in some kind of black hole or something. No email received yet. I don't use the text method of communicating. (I know thats weird, but I don't). If I remember correctly after receiving and mailing back what's missing it takes about 2 weeks more ? maybe longer. Does anyone know the answer, on how much more time it takes if you receive a RFE ?

No matter how you look at it, at least the application is moving somewhere. When we called USCIS about a week ago the agent said it could take 9 to 11 months from Nov 17th to receive something. 

I will keep timeline updated and also provide info on any progress. Good luck everyone. Any comments would be appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear about the RFE but what I have seen on VJ is 1 week to a few months depends on what information is missing..... Hopefully is something simple I pray🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you send pictures ? 

I hope it won’t take long for you .. 

by the way I thought I would be happy after my NOA2 and some how I don’t  ..

its just more waiting .. good luck 🍀 

@Kat & Jim

Edited by Sdkmu

Timeline
2 hours ago, beachboy95 said:

Keep us posted on if its correct. Mine is between 10th and 12th of June. On June 28th it will be 7 months for me. Almost 200 days of waiting which is their predicted wait time.

Mine was between may 23rd may 25th and still nothing by june 10th it will be 7 months for me

6 minutes ago, Munak said:
17 minutes ago, beachboy95 said:

Im still waiting on approval. I am going to do all the NVC stuff now so that when we get approved we can  I hope you will get tour tonight  is there lot paper to do after approal?

Yes , The length of the NVC process ( so I hear) can be reduced significantly by having all the paperwork done before . I am retaining my lawyer to help me file everything. I would suggest you gather all the documents necessary and begin researching what you need. There is basic stuff though such as the affidavit of support, the consular documents , medical exams etc.. Most of them have a 6 month validity date so if we get confirmed in the next month we can submit everything. I believe NVC requires 30 days to review each shipment of papers you send in so thats why it can take several months to get it done and even longer. When in doubt consult a lawyer. Also I believe that the beneficiary must file a D2-60 form as well. Again, I am new to this, so readers if I am wrong about something dont hesitate to correct me.

Edited by beachboy95

Timeline
39 minutes ago, beachboy95 said:

So you filed the 10th of November? I think I saw they are working on ones from around there. Best of luck to us. Keep me posted! I have faith that we are all going to get good news soon :)

Yes, exactly it was nov 10th. May God hear you my friend so frustrating and it’s not good for me. My doctor said to forget about the immigration stuffs and stay focus in my pregnancy. But how can i be calm when my husband is so far away. Praying for all of you guys for that approval

Timeline
40 minutes ago, MrsA27 said:

Yes, exactly it was nov 10th. May God hear you my friend so frustrating and it’s not good for me. My doctor said to forget about the immigration stuffs and stay focus in my pregnancy. But how can i be calm when my husband is so far away. Praying for all of you guys for that approval

Do you have case tracker app?? It helped me a lot..... When I checked yesterday it was a lot RFEs and some approvals 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Munak said:

Fmert I thiugh you already got approved in may hope rest of november filers gets approved I have question after approved do you wait until nvc asks you the papers needed to be filed and all documents fees or you can do that right away after approval?

I just got approved yesterday actually lol!! You have to wait for the welcome letter from NVC and the case number that can take up to 8 weeks plus USCIS has to send it to NVC..... no fees until case number just make sure you have all the paperwork you need so that you when it’s time just pay and have a fast case complete and interview done 

42 minutes ago, Fmert001 said:

Do you have case tracker app?? It helped me a lot..... When I checked yesterday it was a lot RFEs and some approvals 

Where can this app be found?

1 hour ago, MrsA27 said:

Agreed, I have been apart from my wife. Thank you for the prayers :) Will keep you all in my prayers as well! Heres to speedy approval!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Fmert001 said:

I do have it nothing has changed for me so far

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.