kccb

I-130 November 2017 Filers

1,222 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, 

Me and my wife filed the I-130 in November of 2017 ( with the help of a lawyer we retained)  and received our NOA1 at the end of November. We are anxiously awaiting the second NOA and have been living apart due to her being outside the US. I fly to see her every month or two, and miss her terribly. We are in our very early 20's and are hoping to receive our NOA2 very soon and hoping that the NVC stage doesn't take more than 2-4 months. I am nervous we are going to get an RFE since we are so young. Anyone else in the same boat or filed an I-130 in November? Perhaps another young couple? The waiting is more than difficult, especially with no updates from USCIS. ( Also I made a congressional inquiry last week , I am not sure if it will go anywhere)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You both being in your early 20's is not a reason for an RFE.  You can hope all you want but NOA1 to petition approval is a black hole,   Being prepared for the NVC stage is how you can make it as short as possible.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Posts merged with existing thread.**

1 hour ago, beachboy95 said:

Hello Everyone, 

Me and my wife filed the I-130 in November of 2017 ( with the help of a lawyer we retained)  and received our NOA1 at the end of November. We are anxiously awaiting the second NOA and have been living apart due to her being outside the US. I fly to see her every month or two, and miss her terribly. We are in our very early 20's and are hoping to receive our NOA2 very soon and hoping that the NVC stage doesn't take more than 2-4 months. I am nervous we are going to get an RFE since we are so young. Anyone else in the same boat or filed an I-130 in November? Perhaps another young couple? The waiting is more than difficult, especially with no updates from USCIS. ( Also I made a congressional inquiry last week , I am not sure if it will go anywhere)

40 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You both being in your early 20's is not a reason for an RFE.  You can hope all you want but NOA1 to petition approval is a black hole,   Being prepared for the NVC stage is how you can make it as short as possible.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, Santotanya said:

I’m 200 days in still waiting noa2 

tsc 

noa1nov13-2017

are people really being approved 

yes!!!

we were approved!

NOA1, 11/24/17

NOA2, 05/22/18

Check the new USCIS website if you haven't done yet. 

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sdkmu said:

I did a search on the thread of NVC may 2018 filers and the range of USCIS to send your case to NVC can take up to 3 weeks.

as for assigning case number the normal time is around 6 weeks and up to 8. 

You have to call NVC weekly if you want to be on top of things.

I hired a lawyer and his estimates to get case no is 60 days which is close to what’s going on here on VJ .. 

So about 2-3 month to have a case number and then maybe another 2 months for interview? sound about right ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Andres said:

So about 2-3 month to have a case number and then maybe another 2 months for interview? sound about right ?

Yes .. but remember these are all estimates it could be a lot shorter or longer but you’ve gotta hope for the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, beachboy95 said:

Hello Everyone, 

As mentioned being at early age is not a reason for RFE,  Request for Further Evidence is what you get if you applied for I-130 and some evidence is missing.

My advice if you get an RFE, fire your lawyer.

best of luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed Nov 24, 2017 with a lawyer as well. I haven’t gotten the NOA2 as yet. I recently made a USCIS account, no changes in there. 

As a previous poster said, if you filed with lawyer and got RFE, fire him. Lol

This lawyer sent 30 pics, every certificate possible, kids birth certificates, proof of joint property (lease, furniture purchases showing names on receipts, bank account etc). Interesting stuff. 

I give up 🤷‍♀️

18 hours ago, Bleu9 said:

I filed Nov 24, 2017 with a lawyer as well. I haven’t gotten the NOA2 as yet. I recently made a USCIS account, no changes in there. 

As a previous poster said, if you filed with lawyer and got RFE, fire him. Lol

This lawyer sent 30 pics, every certificate possible, kids birth certificates, proof of joint property (lease, furniture purchases showing names on receipts, bank account etc). Interesting stuff. 

I give up 🤷‍♀️

Yeah my lawyer is good, she helped me with all of that as well. I have another friend who worked in government and has worked with USCIS and now does a lot of work with family visas. They told me that we should hear around the 6-7 month mark (wether that be an approval, denial or RFE) I heard that they are working on ones from OCtober/Early november from 2017 and apparently K3 visas are being reviewed which were filed in October of 17'. Normally K3's are approved along with the I-130's so Its possible we hear back by Late June/July. We are lucky we filed in 17 and not 18 because I hear that now the wait times are even longer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, beachboy95 said:

Yeah my lawyer is good, she helped me with all of that as well. I have another friend who worked in government and has worked with USCIS and now does a lot of work with family visas. They told me that we should hear around the 6-7 month mark (wether that be an approval, denial or RFE) I heard that they are working on ones from OCtober/Early november from 2017 and apparently K3 visas are being reviewed which were filed in October of 17'. Normally K3's are approved along with the I-130's so Its possible we hear back by Late June/July. We are lucky we filed in 17 and not 18 because I hear that now the wait times are even longer

Oh you did a K3 first? Well good luck with it all. I had told myself it would be around December before everything is done n ready. One full year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Im a december 17 filer. I always check november forum to see how far along. A couple of people from December have been approved. Prayers to all.

1 minute ago, Bleu9 said:

Oh you did a K3 first? Well good luck with it all. I had told myself it would be around December before everything is done n ready. One full year. 

I did not do a k3, but i hear that USCIS tends to approve/deny them in the same time frame. I could be wrong lol. I am hoping it is done in 10 months. Thats the estimate my friend gave me ( they worked in congress for years and now are active with immigration law in DC) . Best of luck to you too!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, beachboy95 said:

I did not do a k3, but i hear that USCIS tends to approve/deny them in the same time frame. I could be wrong lol. I am hoping it is done in 10 months. Thats the estimate my friend gave me ( they worked in congress for years and now are active with immigration law in DC) . Best of luck to you too!

The I-129F for a spouse used to die at NVC.  Now USCIS kills it when it approves the I-130 or sometimes kills it even sooner.  Forget about the K3.  It has been virtually obsolete for over 8 years now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Look like many Nov people filers have been approved more and more, I'm Oct filer PD 30 still nothing update. :( good luck everyone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.