Nikkosan

N-400 November 2017 Filers

1,087 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Forteleo87 said:

Same here. What's your field office? mine is Las Vegas so I'm not sure I will be scheduled for interview any sooner.

Another Nov filer here. I did my bio appointment on Dec 1st. My FO is Seattle.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

June 27th 7:45 AM was my interview date at the Newark field office.

Name was called around 9 AM . Officer was not very friendly or knowledgeable. She took my drivers license, passport and green card and asked me to raise my hand to be sworn in.

She asked me if I had my i751 approved and I said my case was still pending as per a response to my service request in March both my cases were going to be adjudicated the same time. I had brought my husband with me for the same reason. She said no officers in Newark had the authority to adjudicate I751 and that she cannot approve me even if I passed the test.

She proceeded to the testing part. She made me read a sentence " Who can Vote" and she told me to write " Citizens can vote"

Civics test was 6 questions as I had correctly answered

1: Highest court in the United States

2: Who makes federal laws

3: Current Vice President

4: Why did the colonists come to America

5: How many amendments are in the Constitution

I don't remember the last one.

She made me sign some forms on her IPAD including Oath of Allegiance and handed me form N 652 with boxes checked for -You Passed the English test and US history and government test/ A decision cannot be made yet about your application. 

She asked me to give her 3 years tax returns which I did and she said she will send over my file to the officer that can adjudicate my i751 case and that department was in the same building on the ground floor a (complete contradiction to her first statement that no one in Newark had authority to adjudicate I 751 cases)and will make her decision after she receives the ROC approval. I asked he how long will it take and she said she does not have information as such.

I was done by 10 am and on my way home.

Today I called USCIS and was transferred to a Tier 2 officer and he said my I751 status said Waiting. No other information was available

Waiting game begins yet again:clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/20/2018 at 11:55 AM, Newbie608 said:

@NikeS I just received the email that interview is scheduled. What time is your interview? I see that there’s two naturalization ceremony on the day of your interview.. 8:30 am and 1:30p. You might be in luck..😊

My interview is at 10:45am so the 1:30pm oath. I am yet to hear of someone who got sworn in same day in Milwaukee but I’ll happily do it. That would be awesome rather than wait another month.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Timeline
18 hours ago, Wilkintina said:

June 27th 7:45 AM was my interview date at the Newark field office.

Name was called around 9 AM . Officer was not very friendly or knowledgeable. She took my drivers license, passport and green card and asked me to raise my hand to be sworn in.

She asked me if I had my i751 approved and I said my case was still pending as per a response to my service request in March both my cases were going to be adjudicated the same time. I had brought my husband with me for the same reason. She said no officers in Newark had the authority to adjudicate I751 and that she cannot approve me even if I passed the test.

She proceeded to the testing part. She made me read a sentence " Who can Vote" and she told me to write " Citizens can vote"

Civics test was 6 questions as I had correctly answered

1: Highest court in the United States

2: Who makes federal laws

3: Current Vice President

4: Why did the colonists come to America

5: How many amendments are in the Constitution

I don't remember the last one.

She made me sign some forms on her IPAD including Oath of Allegiance and handed me form N 652 with boxes checked for -You Passed the English test and US history and government test/ A decision cannot be made yet about your application. 

She asked me to give her 3 years tax returns which I did and she said she will send over my file to the officer that can adjudicate my i751 case and that department was in the same building on the ground floor a (complete contradiction to her first statement that no one in Newark had authority to adjudicate I 751 cases)and will make her decision after she receives the ROC approval. I asked he how long will it take and she said she does not have information as such.

I was done by 10 am and on my way home.

Today I called USCIS and was transferred to a Tier 2 officer and he said my I751 status said Waiting. No other information was available

Waiting game begins yet again:clock:

I hope you get the ROC approved quickly and she completes her part as well. Good luck.

@Wilkintina I hate you have to keep on waiting, especially since you had all the information with you and your husband.. The most annoying thing is that some officers go ahead and do a combo interview, and some don't even know what we're talking about! :angry:

Hope you'll get a notification soon that it was all approved!

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I had my interview today and got approved :D

Questions asked:
- who is the speaker of the house
- for how many years do we elect the president
- when was the declaration of independence adopted
- who lived in America before the Europeans came
- longest river

I forgot the 6th one

The interview was super relaxed, even though I was nervous. I forgot to answer one of the questions on my N400 when he pointed that out, I explained that I didn't answer all, because some were follow up questions that I didn't think needed answering if I said "no". But that's not what I forgot :bonk:  Oh well, he fixed that and added my answer, changed my job information and had me sign off on the changes. He also confirmed my name change and the closest city for the oath ceremony. Overall, I didn't have to wait long at the office in Fairfax, the interview went by quickly and relaxed, and everyone was super friendly. 

To those who have already gotten their oath dates, how long did it take to get the date for your oath ceremony?

2018/09/14 Became a USC

41 minutes ago, l.iber.tatis said:

I had my interview today and got approved :D

Questions asked:
- who is the speaker of the house
- for how many years do we elect the president
- when was the declaration of independence adopted
- who lived in America before the Europeans came
- longest river

I forgot the 6th one

The interview was super relaxed, even though I was nervous. I forgot to answer one of the questions on my N400 when he pointed that out, I explained that I didn't answer all, because some were follow up questions that I didn't think needed answering if I said "no". But that's not what I forgot :bonk:  Oh well, he fixed that and added my answer, changed my job information and had me sign off on the changes. He also confirmed my name change and the closest city for the oath ceremony. Overall, I didn't have to wait long at the office in Fairfax, the interview went by quickly and relaxed, and everyone was super friendly. 

To those who have already gotten their oath dates, how long did it take to get the date for your oath ceremony?

I also had my interview today (USCIS Fairfax office) and now I am waiting for the oath date. Anyone else from Washington DC metro area who can give us a timeline? What is an average of time between interview and the oath ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got an email from ELIS this morning got me all excited,  "
USCIS has taken action on your application, petition or request and updated your account.  Please access your account to view the update."

When I logged in it still only showed the status of biometrics completed 🤨, is there a delay between the email and online status update? Hope it's not a RFE.

Timeline
12 hours ago, NikeS said:

I hope you get the ROC approved quickly and she completes her part as well. Good luck.

Thank You and good luck for your interviewq

Timeline
12 hours ago, YafaUSA said:

@Wilkintina I hate you have to keep on waiting, especially since you had all the information with you and your husband.. The most annoying thing is that some officers go ahead and do a combo interview, and some don't even know what we're talking about! :angry:

Hope you'll get a notification soon that it was all approved!

Hope so too @YafaUSA. Thanks so much for the well wishes.. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Got an email from ELIS this morning got me all excited,  "
USCIS has taken action on your application, petition or request and updated your account.  Please access your account to view the update."

When I logged in it still only showed the status of biometrics completed 🤨, is there a delay between the email and online status update? Hope it's not a RFE.

It should update in the morning, let us know what it says.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Anyone here besides me in LA or anywhere else with an interview scheduled for N400 in July but haven't heard anything about their ROC since NOV 2016??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, NikeS said:

It should update in the morning, let us know what it says.

Yes!! Scheduled for an interview, woot woot! Will update as soon as I have a date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.