Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, x_driven_x said:

It normally takes 4 days or so, but it's coming from California to Florida might take an extra day or two.

Mine took about 3 days to get to me and I live in Missouri. We also just had a holiday which can slow the mail a bit. I'd think it should be there tomorrow, @xJohnMx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, xJohnMx said:

Has anyone that received an RFE status update on 22 May received their RFE letter yet? I expected it today (here in FL), but it was not there. Just checking to see if others have received anything yet. Thank you!

Hey John, I got an RFE notice May 23rd and got the letter on the 26th only 3 days later so I was really surprised to see it come so quickly . So you should have it by this week I'm almost certain.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emily & Elton said:

When I began researching this process, most places estimated 4-5 months processing time. It’s absurd that we are all pushing 7 months and some even longer. 

I emailed that to my congresswoman. If anything, even just to raise awareness of how long this is taking and how unnecessary it is! It used to take them less time to get through these, so they are capable of it. I know it’s backlog, but even so, the number of applications cannot have doubled in 1-2 years. 

So i am wondering how do you contact the Congressman or anything to ask help about my petition? just in case mine pushes longer. i am currently residing in Augusta GA?

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Just now, 201 said:

So i am wondering how do you contact the Congressman or anything to ask help about my petition? just in case mine pushes longer. i am currently residing in Augusta GA?

thank you

Your local congress-person will have a contact page where you can either call, mail, or email them. If you’re unsure who your local representative is, you can check here:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

When I wrote, I gave a brief explanation (two paragraphs, max) of our current situation, how we are over 200 days and urged them to inquire on our behalf for a case status update.  I’ve heard from several others that they will then give you a form to fill out which gives them legal permission to inquire. Hope that helps! 

Timeline

thanks a lot @x_driven_x ☺️☺️i finally can see that they are working on nov 9.my fiance made a case inquiry today because we are already at 202 days but i guess they will just reply that we are still at a normal processing .he said he will contact uscis first and if he got nothing then he will contact the ombudsman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All, 

I am getting nervous. We received our first NoA on Nov 8th 2017...We haven't received any more notifications since then. I have gone through the November fliers discussion board, and everyone since to have gotten a response or their NoA 2 :(

Any advice anyone

14 minutes ago, Nairus said:

Hello All, 

I am getting nervous. We received our first NoA on Nov 8th 2017...We haven't received any more notifications since then. I have gone through the November fliers discussion board, and everyone since to have gotten a response or their NoA 2 :(

Any advice anyone

There's still allot of us that have not gotten a response for NOA2.  Myself included. We're at 208 days today... and still waiting. 

At 210 days we can inquire if we still haven't heard.  I'm really hoping we hear something before then (this week).

Hang in there...as hard as it is (especially when those with dates after us have gotten theirs) we just have to be patient a little longer. 👍

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Emily & Elton said:

When I began researching this process, most places estimated 4-5 months processing time. It’s absurd that we are all pushing 7 months and some even longer. 

I emailed that to my congresswoman. If anything, even just to raise awareness of how long this is taking and how unnecessary it is! It used to take them less time to get through these, so they are capable of it. I know it’s backlog, but even so, the number of applications cannot have doubled in 1-2 years. 

This is our 2nd time filing for the K1, our first one was refused. The processing times were so much more reasonable the first time around.   The time between NOA1-NOA2 was 17 days!!!! 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, theatregirl24 said:

This is our 2nd time filing for the K1, our first one was refused. The processing times were so much more reasonable the first time around.   The time between NOA1-NOA2 was 17 days!!!! 

I wish you the best in getting approved this time? :)

Edited by BluesDancer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, BluesDancer said:

How long ago was it when you first filed for your first K1 if you don't mind me asking? :)

I left my original time line as it was the first time around so I could compare it to our current filing. You can check it out :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emily & Elton said:

Your local congress-person will have a contact page where you can either call, mail, or email them. If you’re unsure who your local representative is, you can check here:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

When I wrote, I gave a brief explanation (two paragraphs, max) of our current situation, how we are over 200 days and urged them to inquire on our behalf for a case status update.  I’ve heard from several others that they will then give you a form to fill out which gives them legal permission to inquire. Hope that helps! 

Hi there, thank you this is a big help. we are not in the 200 waiting days, we hope not to reach that day. We found out who our representative is. thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.