2,950 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

Oh, wow! That really sucks, @hsp_1221 - sorry to hear about your experience. And thanks so much for the heads-up to those of us who are in a similar boat. (I just got my interview appointment for mid-January and it wouldn't have occurred to me that the USCIS staff wouldn't know about my pending I-751). 

Since I have never called the USCIS before I am not sure how to go about this. Do you have any more detailed advice? What number to call and how to make sure I speak with someone who actually has access to all my applications?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

lesson that I learnt that I should have call USCIS and speak to immigration officer and inform or ask that I have filed I-751, so may be someone would have taken some action on I-751 and merge my files together.

8 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

My N-400 went back in progress and waiting for another interview.

I wonder if there are any warning signs to look for: like absence of information about pending ROC in the Naturalization interview invite. I would expect acknowledgement of the fact both petitions were combined.

Anyway, good thing you're British. I would've completely lost it in there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, DeKi said:

You can call USCIS contact number 800-375-5283 on thursday or Friday and ask to speak to USCIS immigration officer. The waiting time sometime cane be very long but once call center transferred you will have to leave your contact number and You will get call back from immigration officer. I had to call for I-751 extension letter. 

If you have pending I-751, I would advise to call and just get it clear. 

Good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, implife said:

I wonder if there are any warning signs to look for: like absence of information about pending ROC in the Naturalization interview invite. I would expect acknowledgement of the fact both petitions were combined.

Anyway, good thing you're British. I would've completely lost it in there. 

By looking at other applicants and from VJ forum, I have noticed that the waiting time is long for I-751. 

There should be some information sharing will happen in next month. I hope at least that's the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Ryan123456 said:

Hi all !

Am july2018 filler i751 ,and got only 18month extension letter which will expair on 7aug2019,so my citizenship will due in feb2019 , so please suggest me can I file N400? Thanks 

If your 18 month extension letter expires 7-aug-19 then that means your 2 year green card expired 5-Feb-18.

You are eligible to file N400 ninety (90) days prior to the 3 year anniversary of receiving your green card. So if the dates above are correct, your 3 yr anniversary would occur on 5-Feb-19 and you could actually file your N400 90 days before this date, or on 7-Nov-18. You might be able to file today, if you're so inclined. To check whether it's possible, go onto the USCIS site and follow the process to file N400 online. After you answer a series of questions the website will automatically answer if you're eligible to file. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Thanks for reply yes I have 2year GC I applied for 10years u are right , I just wait when these holidays will over then I will apply,  I just want to know what if i didnt get my 10 year GC till my extension letter expiry and will got N400 interview so will you thing they will delay n reschedule it or in simple any impact, on N400 application if I didnt get my 10year GC  thanks 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, Husbandandwife said:

Thank you!!!! :)

Yeah, hopefully you get the notice before one month. 

I will keep you posted. 

Thanks. 

Just got this a couple of minutes back.

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, Cocoza said:

Just got this a couple of minutes back.

Capture.PNG

Wow. Im I-751 April filler (still pending) and never receive it before. Hopefully they are moving and approving your I-751 before your N400 interview. 

I just checked mine case online and there is any update. Just awaiting the N400 inteview in january. Please keep me posted. 

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ryan123456 said:

Thanks for reply yes I have 2year GC I applied for 10years u are right , I just wait when these holidays will over then I will apply,  I just want to know what if i didnt get my 10 year GC till my extension letter expiry and will got N400 interview so will you thing they will delay n reschedule it or in simple any impact, on N400 application if I didnt get my 10year GC  thanks 

Within a month of the expiration of your 18 month letter, you can get an appointment with a USCIS office and they'll stamp your passport and that will extend your GC another 1 year. Worked fine for my wife. Also, you might never get a 10 yr GC. It's more likely you'll have a combo i751/n400 interview and you'll proceed directly to a naturalization ceremony.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

8 hours ago, cococandy said:

I got the same message this morning as well. I'm I751 May 2017 filer and N400 April 2018 filer. What happened? 

I got the same email as well, abt tranferring my case, still have no clue where it was sent though...

Please let me know when you find out!

I will let you guys know as well as soon as the notice arrive. 

P.S: I'm Aug 2017 CSC filer I-751, and N-400 July-2018;)

Edited by Inna&Chris

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

This might be the last post in VJ and many thanks to the members here who offered advice, shared experience and helped me went through the long immigration journey. 

Timeline

I-751 Jan 27th 2017

extension letter Feb 8th 2017

long wait and decide to apply N400

N400 March 23rd 2018

bio April 2nd 2018

Case transfer to NBC on May 10th

Sep 26th 2018, interview was scheduled on Nov 13th 2018

combo interview ( no need my spouse), didnt get approval onsite but I751 approved 2 days later and N400 approved one week late then oath scheduled on Dec 19th 2018

Interview experience: nice officer. I asked her did my spouse need to be presented at the interview, she said no, unless he is applying for citizenship as well, lol.  So went to her office, 6 questions, english test, then YES/NO questions. she said I passed the tests. Then moved on to my I751, asked me one question then told me she suggest for approval but not able to do it in the system. told me to wait for 2 weeks and oath ceremony should be next month. everything went very smooth. My guess is we have good supporting documents ( both first marriage, both have decent income jobs, joint houses/cars, etc)

Hope my experience could help those who are still waiting for their cases to be reviewed. Best luck and cheers! 

Edited by asdfzc

I have 2 years conditional green card. Is my time waiting of 1 year waiting for I-751 to get approved consider as 1 year as well? 

So 2 years of GC and 1 years of ROC pending = Time to apply for N-400

--- Please correct me if I'm wrong ---

1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.