2,950 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Well I attached all what I have. I don’t have the stamp because I am covered with the letter until the end of January and I hope this situation is all done until there. 

I will call again on Monday to see if I get any new. Whatever I get now will be great, because I am tired to be driving with a bunch of paper. Thank you for the tip. 

By Docs i mean your Social Security Card, and Proof of California residency like a bill or bank statement or insurance etc etc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

So i've been on the fence this entire time whether I should apply for N400 with a pending ROC or wait till I get 10 year green card. I most of us here don't care much about the card and would rather jump to the passport. So what do I need again to file this application online? I know you are quite active on there and post relevant information. I don't have reliable internet to do the proper research and I know you just did yours recently. Was wondering if you could spend a couple mins outlining what i need to do this thing online. i think they want tax returns, and birth cert of spouse as extra doc?@NeedMoreCoffee

Thank you,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So dumb question: husband is eligible for n400 in a couple months, but roc is, of course, still processing and we’re expecting another year-ish on that. My local office is taking 17-20 months for n400. If we do file for n400 when the window opens, will his roc continue at csc according to csc’s processing timelines or will they be combined and roc delayed until the n400 is finished?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wooderz said:

So dumb question: husband is eligible for n400 in a couple months, but roc is, of course, still processing and we’re expecting another year-ish on that. My local office is taking 17-20 months for n400. If we do file for n400 when the window opens, will his roc continue at csc according to csc’s processing timelines or will they be combined and roc delayed until the n400 is finished?

Not a dumb question. It will be the latter. The ROC application will be combined with n400 app and adjudicated at the local office. There are always exceptions but this is the likely scenario.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 2:33 PM, belizedreams said:

We received notice of my husband’s N-400 interview today. Hopefully it will be a combo interview, unless they approve his ROC before January 3rd. 

Wishing him good luck and hopefully his ROC gets approved too.

Did anyone on here gets his/her i-751 approved and get the 10yrs GC after applying for N400 while the i-750 was pending?

just curious cos the 2 cases (i-751) ahead of me has been approved but mine wasn’t touched yet so I thought it’s because I already applied for N400

7 hours ago, David1987 said:

So i've been on the fence this entire time whether I should apply for N400 with a pending ROC or wait till I get 10 year green card. I most of us here don't care much about the card and would rather jump to the passport. So what do I need again to file this application online? I know you are quite active on there and post relevant information. I don't have reliable internet to do the proper research and I know you just did yours recently. Was wondering if you could spend a couple mins outlining what i need to do this thing online. i think they want tax returns, and birth cert of spouse as extra doc?@NeedMoreCoffee

Thank you,

Dave

Create an Account here if you have not already done so. 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Once you have created an account you can go ahead and start your N-400 application. 

My answer to what documents you need. Well, provide everything they ask for on the online application. 

As for additional evidence.. my simple answer is.. provide enough evidence of the marriage so they know what you ate for breakfast for each and every day of your marriage. 

Literally anything and everything you can find that has both your names on it and can clearly show there is a relationship.

Everything im listing here can be joint.

bank statement, credit card statements, insurance policies, 401ks IRA's. health insurance dental vision, home owners, renters insurance car insurance.... the list is almost infinite. provide anything and everything you can and you should be all squared away.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Ambassador87 said:

just got a text message that my n400 interview is schedule while my i751 is still pending.

Congrats. Please update us on whether they did a combo interview. I am in the same timeline with you but still haven't heard anything yet after my biometrics.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

Congrats. Please update us on whether they did a combo interview. I am in the same timeline with you but still haven't heard anything yet after my biometrics.

Thanks

no wahala

Getting ready to start the N400 online application.. is there a post out there that references what all evidence we should submit for N400 based on 3 year marriage (I751 still pending also)? Am I reading correctly that we need to again include all the same evidence of marriage that we submitted with initial GC and 751 applications (i.e. everything since the date of marriage?). I'm hoping someone has something bookmarked that they can share.. 

Edited by LTGermany

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

Thanks bro. Which date is your interview scheduled? I'm getting impatient with mine....Lol

48 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

Thanks bro. Which date is your interview scheduled? I'm getting impatient with mine....Lol

January 14 

On 11/27/2018 at 5:02 PM, Ambassador87 said:

just got a text message that my n400 interview is schedule while my i751 is still pending.

Congrats!  Good luck with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.