2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone! Looking for your immigration wisdom on my case 🙂 Before I start, here is a snapshot of my timeline:

I-751 Receipt: July 3 2017

N400 Filing Receipt: July 6 2018

So I am worried about my removal of conditions. Everyone one in my series has received the updated GC and I am wondering if delay in my ROC is due to the filing of the N-400 application? I am in Houston and the processing time here for N400 is around 23 months. Does that mean I need to wait until 2020 to get adjudicated on both I751 and N400 together?

I wish I would have waited to get my ROC green card in hand first! 😞

I have international travel coming up in March. My passport is expired... mess!

Edited by roh0808

6 minutes ago, roh0808 said:

Hey Everyone! Looking for your immigration wisdom on my case 🙂 Before I start, here is a snapshot of my timeline:

I-751 Receipt: July 3 2017

N400 Filing Receipt: July 6 2018

So I am worried about my removal of conditions. Everyone one in my series has received the updated GC and I am wondering if delay in my ROC is due to the filing of the N-400 application? I am in Houston and the processing time here for N400 is around 23 months. Does that mean I need to wait until 2020 to get adjudicated on both I751 and N400 together?

I wish I would have waited to get my ROC green card in hand first! 😞

I have international travel coming up in March. My passport is expired... mess!

That's exectly what I was thinking too, should have just wait few more months, but now it seems nothing going to happen till N-400 interview, since two cases are combined more likely...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Hey guys, do they usually change the status into " we put you in line for your interview" till I get scheduled for one? Or not every time?  My case  has  never changed after they reviewed my biometrics... Just trying to figure what to expect next?!

ROC -"CSC"

1 minute ago, Inna&Chris said:

Hey guys, do they usually change the status into " we put you in line for your interview" till I get scheduled for one? Or not every time?  My case  has  never changed after they reviewed my biometrics... Just trying to figure what to expect next?!

Yes it will change to interview was scheduled then you will get a notice . You can check online processing time for me it took more than a year to see a change 

3 minutes ago, Mar16 said:

Yes it will change to interview was scheduled then you will get a notice . You can check online processing time for me it took more than a year to see a change 

Thanks, I know, but I really hope it will be faster, mine shows 12 months, but as I know from people here usually it faster than that... 

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

I need your advice on my case whether I should take an action to request an interview from the USCIS? I sent my package of I751 on March 08, 2017 and then applied N400 in April 2018. Till now, I havent heard anything from the USCIS. I was too worried about my case since seeing many of you guys filling in March 2017 got the green card in the mailbox or interview if the filing combo; thus, I made a call to the USCIS for asking last week. Nothing was happy to me since that officers told that my case has been in process and waiting is normal to everyone, not only mine. For some reasons, I feel it is abnormal to my case. Please advise if you guys have any ideas. 

FYI: I'm living in Oakland, California (Bay Area). I filed I751 to the California Service Center in March 2017 and filed N400 online. On April 5, 2018, my case was transferred to the new office located in  Lee's Summit, MO for processing. My N400 filed on April 15, 2018 and got fingerprint on April 19, 2019. Nothing was updated from USCIS for both after that. 

Thank you,

Jessie D.

11 hours ago, JessieDao said:

Hi guys,

I need your advice on my case whether I should take an action to request an interview from the USCIS? I sent my package of I751 on March 08, 2017 and then applied N400 in April 2018. Till now, I havent heard anything from the USCIS. I was too worried about my case since seeing many of you guys filling in March 2017 got the green card in the mailbox or interview if the filing combo; thus, I made a call to the USCIS for asking last week. Nothing was happy to me since that officers told that my case has been in process and waiting is normal to everyone, not only mine. For some reasons, I feel it is abnormal to my case. Please advise if you guys have any ideas. 

FYI: I'm living in Oakland, California (Bay Area). I filed I751 to the California Service Center in March 2017 and filed N400 online. On April 5, 2018, my case was transferred to the new office located in  Lee's Summit, MO for processing. My N400 filed on April 15, 2018 and got fingerprint on April 19, 2019. Nothing was updated from USCIS for both after that. 

Thank you,

Jessie D.

I filled July 2016 for I 751 and August 2017 for n400 . Just got my interview this week ( California too ) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, ramus_maximus said:

We had our combo interview on the 06/25 at Houston FO. Checked in and after waiting for about 5 minutes, we were called in for the interview. The IO said they have to process 10 year GC  first before touching N-400. Both of us were called in for the interview. After looking through our I-751 application and provided evidence, the office said someone had looked at our file back in 2016 but for whatever reason they did not request for evidence and it stayed at CSC until it was transferred in early May like lot of us in here. The office suspected that we did not provide enough evidence with the application and that is why no decision was made on our case. IO asked us few more question about our joint assets and responsibilities but still it was not enough for them to make a decision. After checking with their supervisor they agreed to take the N-400 interview and not hold up that process since we were there already. They took my spouse for the N-400 interview and after 15 minutes came back with the good news that they passed the interview. The IO said they will send a letter explaining what additional evidence we can submit to have our I-751 approved and mentioned that it was easier for to conduct the joint interview since both of us went for the interview. So for everyone out there wondering whether to go or not with their spouse, I would say go as you have nothing to loose. Take additional evidence in case if you are still waiting to hear on the  I-751 during your interview appointment. Chances are you might be in same situation as us but better prepared than us. So now while we wait for the snail mail to arrive we are collecting additional evidence like tax returns, joint lease, photographs, bank accounts, utility bills, etc. since filing the I-751 that were not originally submitted.

One step at a time, slowly but surely getting close to USCIS journey.

Good luck everyone!

After more than 4 months since we had the interview, we are still waiting one their response. Made another infopass appointment Sept 17th to inquire about the status.  The employee at the window did not let us meet the IO who interviewed us on 06/25. However we did take additional evidence with us which she accepted after us requesting few times. She took the evidence, I believe to the IO and returned 10 mins later and informed us that the IO office never sent to RFE as they told us on 06/25 so, and now we have to wait 60-90 additional days to find out the decision. It has been 40 days since the appointment and no response from them yet. No update on the website either!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi. For those with approved combo interviews. What happened next? I got approved 17 days ago. I filed for roc June 2017 and for n400 in june this year. My roc status says new card being produced since oct 12th and the n400 says on line for ceremony. So my question is, did you get the green card before your oath ceremony? I am just worried because I have seen people getting their green cards in a week or two and it also says that at the ceremony they take your green card. Is it different with the combo applications? Would really appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, andrea_smb said:

Hi. For those with approved combo interviews. What happened next? I got approved 17 days ago. I filed for roc June 2017 and for n400 in june this year. My roc status says new card being produced since oct 12th and the n400 says on line for ceremony. So my question is, did you get the green card before your oath ceremony? I am just worried because I have seen people getting their green cards in a week or two and it also says that at the ceremony they take your green card. Is it different with the combo applications? Would really appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Thank you!

My wife never received a 10 yr GC.  If one does get a 10 yr GC, it will be taken at the oath ceremony, so it doesn't really make sense to make one for folks in that position.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, andrea_smb said:

Thank you!

But how long after your interview did the i751 get approved ? Thanks !

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

My wife never received a 10 yr GC.  If one does get a 10 yr GC, it will be taken at the oath ceremony, so it doesn't really make sense to make one for folks in that position.

My wife never received her 10 years green card either, even though she received an email stating it was in production

Edited by Mountain Climber

1 hour ago, Mar16 said:

But how long after your interview did the i751 get approved ? Thanks !

My wife received her I-751 approval on July 11 and her N-400 approval on July 12.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.