2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

My husband passed away yesterday, I submitted an emergency request to cover the 751 to a waiver application. Very tough times.

Sorry for your loss.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your support in these tough times. I appreciate it.

This makes me very sad... They don't realize that there are lives, hopes and dreams at stake while they sit on our applications for years and stop our lives from being lived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the support. I need positive energy.

11 hours ago, ZA_US said:

This makes me very sad... They don't realize that there are lives, hopes and dreams at stake while they sit on our applications for years and stop our lives from being lived.

Yes, I'm very sad too!  :cry:  We got really unlucky since our I-751 applications were being processed at CSC:clock:  Then, they decided to combine our I-751 applications with our N-400 applications at the local field offices.  That delayed our I-751 applications.  :wacko:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
9 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Yes, I'm very sad too!  :cry:  We got really unlucky since our I-751 applications were being processed at CSC:clock:  Then, they decided to combine our I-751 applications with our N-400 applications at the local field offices.  That delayed our I-751 applications.  :wacko:

Yes, if CSC did not back up this year, I would be a citizen by now and Stan would have witnessed it. I am now grieving and going through a tough time and I am not even a 10 year permanent resident yet. It is just all messed up, I had to go to USCIS as an emergency Friday and made an emergency request to convert my 751 from joint petition to a waiver application when evidence of Stan's death and tell them in writing that I will submit his death certificate ASAP when it is available because if they approve my 751 jointly after Stan's death, they can invadite it as make me start all over again, I did it and they stamped on the copy of the request saying they received my request, so that part is done and I will be back again submitting Stan's death certificate when it is available. N400 is over, I will have to re apply next year as the INA clearly suggests the naturalization for applicants like me requires American citizen spouses to be alive. My heart is broken and the best that will come out of this is my 751 approval. Tough times, but I will heal and survive, Stan would want me to.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:55 PM, Zombie69 said:

My husband passed away yesterday, I submitted an emergency request to cover the 751 to a waiver application. Very tough times.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Condolences.

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, if CSC did not back up this year, I would be a citizen by now and Stan would have witnessed it. I am now grieving and going through a tough time and I am not even a 10 year permanent resident yet. It is just all messed up, I had to go to USCIS as an emergency Friday and made an emergency request to convert my 751 from joint petition to a waiver application when evidence of Stan's death and tell them in writing that I will submit his death certificate ASAP when it is available because if they approve my 751 jointly after Stan's death, they can invadite it as make me start all over again, I did it and they stamped on the copy of the request saying they received my request, so that part is done and I will be back again submitting Stan's death certificate when it is available. N400 is over, I will have to re apply next year as the INA clearly suggests the naturalization for applicants like me requires American citizen spouses to be alive. My heart is broken and the best that will come out of this is my 751 approval. Tough times, but I will heal and survive, Stan would want me to.

Yes, that's the truth, my friend. CSC inability and incompetency messed up the process for you. If you were a VSC applicant you would be a naturalized citizen by now. It is absolutely appalling that I-751 takes up to 20 months to get approved at CSC. I am sorry for the loss of your husband and breaks my heart to see you at the wrong end of this process. You would have to refile for naturalization next year again. I am glad to hear that you are staying strong and upbeat. Take care, regards. 

8 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Oh no! sorry for your loss! That sucks that you have to reapply again! Will you get a refund? That's not fair for you. :( They're soooo incompetent... no doubt about that.

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[08/03/16] Package delivered to USCIS (California Service Center)

[08/05/16] NOA (never received, lost in the mail)

[09/15/16] NOA replacement

[10/07/16] Biometrics (early walk-in on 09/27/16)

[05/07/18] Case transferred to NBC

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[07/30/18] APPROVED AT COMBO I-751/N-400 INTERVIEW

N-400 (Naturalization) with pending I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[07/31/17] Package sent to USCIS (NBC)

[08/07/17] NOA

[08/31/17] Biometrics

[12/20/17] In line for interview

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[08/31/18] NOID received

[09/07/18] NOID response sent back to USCIS

[10/02/18] In line for oath ceremony

[11/13/18] Oath ceremony was scheduled

[12/10/18] Oath! Finally a US Citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

Yes, that's the truth, my friend. CSC inability and incompetency messed up the process for you. If you were a VSC applicant you would be a naturalized citizen by now. It is absolutely appalling that I-751 takes up to 20 months to get approved at CSC. I am sorry for the loss of your husband and breaks my heart to see you at the wrong end of this process. You would have to refile for naturalization next year again. I am glad to hear that you are staying strong and upbeat. Take care, regards. 

Thanks, I did the best. I submitted the emergency expedited oath request, I did the emergency 751 conversion after my husband passed. I think my 751 approval is around the corner, but it is sad my push for my spouse to witness my naturalization failed. While I am mourning, I will stay strong and re apply for 400 next year as an individual. What can I do? Thanks for the support. I hope you will get approved soon too.

1 minute ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks, I did the best. I submitted the emergency expedited oath request, I did the emergency 751 conversion after my husband passed. I think my 751 approval is around the corner, but it is sad my push for my spouse to witness my naturalization failed. While I am mourning, I will stay strong and re apply for 400 next year as an individual. What can I do? Thanks for the support. I hope you will get approved soon too.

Hello @Zombie69, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands passing. It's a pity that USCIS did not naturalize you and fulfill his one last dying wish. I pray that God takes care of you and your family during these tough times, hang in there. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, xilef said:

Hello @Zombie69, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands passing. It's a pity that USCIS did not naturalize you and fulfill his one last dying wish. I pray that God takes care of you and your family during these tough times, hang in there. 

Thank you so much for your support. I guess my husband will see me become a citizen next year, from heaven. I will stay strong and thanks for your prayers. Very touching 

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

emergency expedited oath request, I did the emergency 751 conversion after my husband passed. I think my 751 approval is around the corner, but it is sad my push for my spouse to witness my naturalization failed. While I am mourning, I will stay strong and re apply for 400 next year as an individual. What can I do? Thanks for the support. I hope you

Hi,

I think I been seeing your posts quite a bit. Knowing the story behind actually make me feel kinda sad and angry at USCIS. I am very sorry for your loss. But quick question for you, didn't you pass the N400 interview already? They won't let you to attend the oath ceremony if your husband passed away?

On 3/30/2018 at 5:55 PM, Zombie69 said:

Sorry for you loss. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, yippy_j said:

Hi,

I think I been seeing your posts quite a bit. Knowing the story behind actually make me feel kinda sad and angry at USCIS. I am very sorry for your loss. But quick question for you, didn't you pass the N400 interview already? They won't let you to attend the oath ceremony if your husband passed away?

Thanks for your wish. Yes, I passed the interview, but they have to approve 751 before they can approve my 400, my husband was critically ill and could not be there with me for the possibly 751 interview, so I submitted an expedited oath ceremony request based on humanitarian ground with loads of evidence of his medical condition and illnesses in hopes that they could waive the interview and approved both, but the officer said he needed to talk to the supervisor. Even If I were approved, Immigration Nationality Act states that naturalization based on 3 year marriage won't be invalid if the American citizen spouse dies before the the oath ceremony, that is why I was in double jeopardy and even if they approved my expedited request after my husband's death, my oath would have still been invalidated. My interview was on the 26th. My husband passed on the 29th, i would have been a citizen of they granted my oath before his death which I was trying to do but failed. Thanks for your condolences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.