2,950 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CJKylie said:

Have you checked the documents tab on your USCIS account?

Of course, nothing. I sent them a message from that MyUSCIS account. 

15 minutes ago, Nayda said:

Of course, nothing. I sent them a message from that MyUSCIS account. 

Have you been waiting for more than 120 days, since your interview? Still both cases pending? 

20 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Have you been waiting for more than 120 days, since your interview? Still both cases pending? 

Thank you for asking.

I had interview on May 9th. It will be 120 days in 10 days or so .I got green card in July, just a couple days before “out of processing” time. 

I don’t know what to do when those 120 days expire for N400. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Nayda said:

Thank you for asking.

I had interview on May 9th. It will be 120 days in 10 days or so .I got green card in July, just a couple days before “out of processing” time. 

Sorry to heat that, at least you got something, lol. Regarding I-751, I called them few days ago, they said not the processing time is 30 months while the file transferred to local office. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 2:18 PM, ukrainian said:

Hey, everyone

My immigration journey is officially over. I had oath ceremony on 08/23. I wish luck and quick processing times to everyone! 

Congratulations!😊😊😊 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nayda said:

Thank you for asking.

Unfortunately, there is really nothing much you can do. You can contact your congressman, it won't hurt. There is something you can do. You can file a Writ of Mandamus where you can have a federal judge forcing USCIS to adjudicate your case, but you have to be in a situation where you have suffered from a "unreasonable delay", but USCIS has it own interpretation of unreasonable delay. I have heard 400 adjudication could take them up to close to 14 months or something like that to adjudicate, but this petition is expensive and you need a lawyer for that. I guess you just have to be patient and just wait it out. Maybe contacting your congressman as a starter.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, AlfNel23 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got approved.

My interview is tomorrow morning I alao have I751 pending but I don'tknow if they will be conducting both as they only sent me a n400 interview letter even though they emailed me saying both cases were going to be adjudicated after making service inquiry.

I am very anxious 'cause we will have to bring our babies an infant and a toddler, they babysitter can't help tomorrow and we don't have anybody else we trust our kids. Let's see how it goes, my daughter is in a difficult age, she doesn't like to be steady, we went to dollar tree and bought her some toys hope they help, her ipad is already packed hopefully our data doesn't get slow in there🤣. I would be mortified to hear her crying while I am being interviewed 😂 Oh well no options! 

Anyone with experience bringing their supee active kids? They will be outside with my husband unless they need to interview us together.

Hi, How did you make a service inquiry? I'm in the same boat and want to know if interview will be combo. Thanks a lot! 

2 hours ago, nj_aos_oct said:

Hi, How did you make a service inquiry? I'm in the same boat and want to know if interview will be combo. Thanks a lot! 

yeah, i would like to know also. I emailed them thru my account regarding the combo interview. All i got replied back was they don't have jurisdiction over our paper case since i file N-400 online. Not sure i want to call them

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, BaconBait said:

yeah, i would like to know also. I emailed them thru my account regarding the combo interview. All i got replied back was they don't have jurisdiction over our paper case since i file N-400 online. Not sure i want to call them

There is no way of knowing whether it is going to be a combo interview or not. It all depends on the adjudicator at the moment when you are at the field office or the facility where the interview is taking place. You should take your spouse with you just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Zombie69

1 hour ago, khanhdoan310 said:

My I-751 was transferred to Lee Summit on 8/16.  For those of you who had your combo interviews, how long did it take from the date of the transfer to get the interview notice? Thanks a bunch. 

in my case, i got notice for N-400 on Aug. 5, and got I-751 case transferred notice to NBC on the same date.

However, on Aug. 6, i got another notice for I-751 again. but this time, they didn't send me a letter say where it's going. So as far as i know, my I-751 is still at NBC in Lee Summit

1 hour ago, khanhdoan310 said:

My I-751 was transferred to Lee Summit on 8/16.  For those of you who had your combo interviews, how long did it take from the date of the transfer to get the interview notice? Thanks a bunch. 

For me, my case transferred Dec 2018 and my interview was Aug 2019

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

3 hours ago, BaconBait said:

in my case, i got notice for N-400 on Aug. 5, and got I-751 case transferred notice to NBC on the same date.

However, on Aug. 6, i got another notice for I-751 again. but this time, they didn't send me a letter say where it's going. So as far as i know, my I-751 is still at NBC in Lee Summit

Thank you.

3 hours ago, CJKylie said:

For me, my case transferred Dec 2018 and my interview was Aug 2019

Thank you. Hope things are moving fast for us 2017 filers.

Edited by khanhdoan310

Yesterday finally my status of N-400 has changed to "Application is approved and waiting for the oath to be scheduled". I had my N-400 interview in February, 2019 (they couldn't approve because of pending I-751) and I-751 they approved in July, 2019. They never asked for RFE or any other information...the case was just pending for all this time. 

So I guess this is what happens sometimes if you don't get approved on the spot...yes, I contacted senators and congressmen and did an infopass apt, but it never helped 🤷‍♀️

Well now I only worry if they received my address change petition which I've submitted a week ago.  LOL so many things happened in my life since then, now I am in another state and praying for soon oath and the end of dealing with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.