2,950 posts in this topic

I received interview notice for my naturalization petition, below is my timeline.

06/16/16: Conditional Green Card Received

04/18/18: Applied I-751

05/23/18: Notice of Action & 12month extension (WAC18180*****)

08/23/18: Notice of Action & 18month extension

02/27/19: Biometrics waiver

03/18/19: Applied N-400 online

04/12/19: Biometrics appointment for N-400

08/14/19: N-400 interview notice

09/17/19: N-400 interview @ Chicago, IL

Although I got mixed reviews about not applying for N-400 while I-751 is pending, I still pursued since my application is straightforward. Looking forward to getting done with USCIS later this year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just got a notification that a New Card is Being Produced for my i-751 case.

My question is if this card came in before the oath day, should I take both the 2-year conditional green card and the new 10-year to the oath or just the 10 years card only?

34 minutes ago, mymercy said:

My question is if this card came in before the oath day, should I take both the 2-year conditional green card and the new 10-year to the oath or just the 10 years card only?

I would take both, but I doubt you will get the new card anyway

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 1:29 PM, mymercy said:

As far as I know, you should surrender your green cards if the 10 year one comes in the mail, both of them, but I doubt you are going to get a new one if your 400 and 751 are being adjudicated at the same time.I also got the 751 approval letter saying my green card is being produced while waiting for 400's approval, but I never recieved the 10 year green card like I personally predicted. It makes sense from USCIS' perspective, if they are approving your 400 around the same time 751 was approved. Why would they bother sending you a new one? Good luck. Glad you're almost done. Congrats. No more worries. You don't need the green card anymore!!!

Edited by Zombie69

On 8/15/2019 at 1:29 PM, mymercy said:

Abeg no just worry yourself at all.. GOD don do am for you.   Same thing happened to me. Yes, you will get the new card in the mail. You need to take ALL the cards you ever received from USCIS. I took even up to my EAD card as well. What they would do (Well that is what happened in my case)  is that they put holes in ALL the cards I came with (I think i had 3 cards) and would staple ALL of them to a document indicating you received your  Naturalization certificate and would slide it into the sleeve of the folder they pulled out your certificate from before handing it to you.

Edited by Cocoza
missing

My file (I-751) got transferred. Says the alert I got yesterday. Now I hope I get dual interview scheduled very soon.

Insight:

Case # wac1812850xxx

I-751 Filed: March 2018

N400 field: Feb2019

Local field office: Dallas, Texas

Can anyone give me idea on how much longer I have to wait, should you have equally had your 751 transferred too

STAGE 4: Removal of Conditions

03/19/18: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

03/22/18: I-751 delivered to Vermont Service Center

03/23/18: Check Cashed

03/28/18: NOA1

05/29/2018: Biometrics

03/19/2019 : Transferred to Dallas Field Office

Naturalization

02/27/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/27/19: NOA1

03/05/19: Biometrics

1 hour ago, Deji said:

My file (I-751) got transferred. Says the alert I got yesterday. Now I hope I get dual interview scheduled very soon.

Insight:

Case # wac1812850xxx

Can anyone give me idea on how much longer I have to wait, should you have equally had your 751 transferred too

I had I-751 transferred a month ago to NBC and still no news. 

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

Timeline
12 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

As far as I know, you should surrender your green cards if the 10 year one comes in the mail, both of them, but I doubt you are going to get a new one if your 400 and 751 are being adjudicated at the same time.I also got the 751 approval letter saying my green card is being produced while waiting for 400's approval, but I never recieved the 10 year green card like I personally predicted. It makes sense from USCIS' perspective, if they are approving your 400 around the same time 751 was approved. Why would they bother sending you a new one? Good luck. Glad you're almost done. Congrats. No more worries. You don't need the green card anymore!!!

This makes absolute sense to me ... Thanks 

I will sure do as advised.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cocoza said:

Abeg no just worry yourself at all.. GOD don do am for you.   Same thing happened to me. Yes, you will get the new card in the mail. You need to take ALL the cards you ever received from USCIS. I took even up to my EAD card as well. What they would do (Well that is what happened in my case)  is that they put holes in ALL the cards I came with (I think i had 3 cards) and would staple ALL of them to a document indicating you received your  Naturalization certificate and would slide it into the sleeve of the folder they pulled out your certificate from before handing it to you.

haha .. Thanks so much my brother ... I hope say you dey good.

Yes oo I no need all them cards again o. I'm planning to apply for the my US passport after the oath so I can get that off the way too.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Deji said:

Insight:

Case # wac1812850xxx

Most likely your both cases would be adjudicated same time ... currently,  Dallas local office is operating on 11 to 12 months wait time 

Timeline
On 8/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, Deji said:

Insight:

Case # wac1812850xxx

It will probably be a nearly 2 year wait, so you are looking at sometimes this December, but nobody can really say how long it is going to take. You just need to be patient. Especially under Trump administration, everything has slowed down since he took office. Also, very importantly, 751 transfer notice is most likely meaningless. My case was transferred to a new office after my 751 was approved and after the approval letter was sent to me.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, Miki28 said:

I had I-751 transferred a month ago to NBC and still no news. 

Transfer notice means really nothing and it is not true that your case was transferred. I got a notification of transfer after my 751 was approved. Guys, for those of you who got this transfer notice, do not look too deep into it, it doesn't mean your case was transferred, it is most likely a system update, and my situation proved it. My case changed from approval to pending. And I wasn't the only one. I would ignore this transfer notice because it is not true. Transfer notice is probably a way for USCIS to let applicants falsely think their cases are moving forward. For many 751/400 combo applicants, their cases usually get merged and sent to local field office, they don't transfer it to NBC, too many applicants who got approved probably can attest that. The real update is unfortunately the approval or when you case status says your name is updated, that usually means your case is being adjudicated for real. Good luck to you all 

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

Guys, just want to put your mind to rest about this "Your case has been transferred to NBC" notification. With my own experience, I was naturalized last May 23rd, and 751 was approved last April.  My case status for my 751 still says pending and a new office has the jurisdiction of my case! The status of it changed from approval to pending last April. I would take this transfer notice with a grain of salt without getting your hopes up because it is probably not true that your case has been transferred to NBC. Combo pending applicants always get adjudicated at field offices, the 751 doesn't get transferred separately to NBC Missouri. Patience is unfortunately the only way to deal with this excruciatingly long process. Been there before myself, so just sit tight and wait, the reward will be there for you eventually in nearly 2 years since you filed. It also depends on your field office and what state you live or what processing center you filed. I believe that is the average processing time for 751, but for the combo pending applicants, their 400 usually get adjudicated right after 751 is approved or they get approved at the same time. Best of luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.